Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 09:52 AM

130 posts, read 579,083 times

Advertisements

My family is going on vacation to Padre Island. The main criteria :
-less crowded more upscale part of the island(s)
-the most beautiful part of the island(s)

Those two are probably not the same but any opinions on either of the criteria. It is kind of complex due to the fact the island is so much distance. We are only going to be there 2-3 nights.

I am knowlegable about geography, but this is a place I know little about and have not looked into much in the past. Like someone posted on a Padre Island thread recently, my family has been in Texas 15 years and we have never been. Any help would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2011, 10:35 AM

16,787 posts, read 49,046,364 times
See this thread //www.city-data.com/forum/corpu...veston-vs.html

Port Aransas is less crowded, unless you go on a major holiday weekend. The beach and water is nicer at South Padre, but no so much nicer that it is worth the extra long drive for me.

Old 06-23-2011, 10:41 AM

130 posts, read 579,083 times
Thanks, that's exactly the kind of answer I was looking for. Going to Port Aransas will be a 7 hour drive vs. a 10 hour drive. Big difference in my opinion.

Old 06-23-2011, 02:15 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,029,109 times
I've been on vacations to Port Aransas and South Padre Island many times over the years. Both are great places to visit. I prefer South Padre because the beaches are better, however, as noted above, it's a longer drive down there. To me, Padre just has a different vibe to it. It's basically more like a resort town you would find in Florida. There are high rise condos and huge hotels in Padre, lots of great restaurants and entertainment options, beach parties everywhere, etc. Port Aransas is basically a fishing town that's also a resort. You tend to find more of a mixture of tourists there. Some go there to fish, some to swim at the beaches. It's less crowded in Port Aransas and generally speaking, it's less expensive to stay there. Good luck with your decision!

Old 06-23-2011, 03:13 PM

2,256 posts, read 9,759,075 times
I think there is a lot more for a family to do at South Padre vs North Padre. But if you are just wanting a beach to lie on and to play in the water, you can do that at North Padre. South Padre has Shlitterbahn and other activities (eco tours, fishing, a ridly turtle preserve and nature trails, horseback riding on the beach etc)

Old 06-23-2011, 03:17 PM

1,565 posts, read 2,450,122 times
south padre for sure!...............but if you do decide on north padre go to Port A. Stay away from corpus christi as sadly that beach is packed with thugs and trash from corpus........lot's of pit bulls, loud hip hop and fat women..............hahaha

Old 06-23-2011, 03:28 PM

556 posts, read 1,562,789 times
Restaurants are a huge disappointment in the Port Aransas region.

Old 07-05-2011, 01:40 AM

61 posts, read 197,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish1 View Post
south padre for sure!...............but if you do decide on north padre go to Port A. Stay away from corpus christi as sadly that beach is packed with thugs and trash from corpus........lot's of pit bulls, loud hip hop and fat women..............hahaha
sadly you're correct about of that.
however corpus does have some nice bars/downtown nightclubs, and theres always the lexington and the texas state aquarium to visit if theres extra time. i warn you, theres also a ton jellyfish over at the beach next to the lex. if you do go near there, drive over to flour bluff, its much nicer (as long as its a week day and not spring break).

Old 07-06-2011, 02:31 PM

2,601 posts, read 8,519,025 times
The EPA gave Rockport the award for the cleanest beach in Texas. Its shallow for a long way out and Rockport is a friendly upscale community. No traffic

Old 03-05-2013, 11:04 AM

1 posts, read 44,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish1 View Post
Sorry but corpus isnt like that, And also theres nothing wrong with hiphop pitbulls(very good dogs) or big women??
Dont be rude and say things like that if your going to be negative, just say i wouldnt recommend corpus because it isnt the same its got alot of bad qualitys

Oh and fyi pitbulls arent bad,Maybe learn about them not about the bad rep. people give them ok? thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas