Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2009, 09:18 AM

4,716 posts, read 8,573,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by senoritacharlene View Post
What did I miss?? What list?
This guy who hated Texas posted a list with 40 "facts" of things that were bad about Texas (they were really exagerated opinions), and he posted them on every thread that mentioned Texas. Luckily, the moderators deleted the posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2009, 11:08 AM

130 posts, read 348,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerner92 View Post
This guy who hated Texas posted a list with 40 "facts" of things that were bad about Texas (they were really exagerated opinions), and he posted them on every thread that mentioned Texas. Luckily, the moderators deleted the posts.
I'm glad I missed that...Texas is not for everyone, BUT it is for me. I can't wait to get there.

Old 01-26-2009, 12:12 PM

194 posts, read 491,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerner92 View Post
What an idiot, why go to the effort of spending time on something that you dont like? Sounds like someone has nothing better to do. Glad that was deleted. This is the Texas appreciation thread. If you're not here to appreciate it, don't bother coming! Surely the title gave it away... Big hugs to all my fellow Texas lovers!

Old 01-26-2009, 04:50 PM

350 posts, read 1,117,277 times
Hi everyone We're excited to move to Texas and will be visiting the Hill Country in April. I may have missed this in the posts, but what's keeping y'all from Texas. When do you think you'll be able to realize your dream?

Old 01-27-2009, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momojojo View Post
Hi everyone We're excited to move to Texas and will be visiting the Hill Country in April. I may have missed this in the posts, but what's keeping y'all from Texas. When do you think you'll be able to realize your dream?
I suppose what is keeping some people on this thread from moving to Texas (or anywhere for that matter ), including myself, is directly connected to what is happening in the economy. I can't move until I can sell my house and such. The way things are where I live in Massachusetts, it will be a definite act of God when I do move. I do believe, by the absolute Grace of God, that my family will move to Texas this year.

Old 01-27-2009, 11:11 AM

1,061 posts, read 3,582,295 times
Quote:
Well, the only thing holding us back is hubby getting a job offer out there...that's probably related to the economy too, I guess, although his field(s) haven't been as hard hit as some industries.

Speaking of jobs, there is a very neat opportunity that might pan out for us sometime soon. We've got documents going back and forth this week. Wish us luck and say some prayers.....back to TX in '09!!

Old 01-27-2009, 12:02 PM

350 posts, read 1,117,277 times
Hi Dweej - good luck on the job search and of course you're in my prayers. Something will open up. Are you looking at any place in particular in Texas? We're leaning towards Hill Country (Kerrville), but my husband sprung El Paso on me last night. Need to check it out on the way in. We need the R.E. market to come back so we can get what we need to out of our home. Then we'll be Texas bound.

Old 01-27-2009, 01:56 PM

1,061 posts, read 3,582,295 times
Quote:
Hi Dweej - good luck on the job search and of course you're in my prayers. Something will open up. Are you looking at any place in particular in Texas? We're leaning towards Hill Country (Kerrville), but my husband sprung El Paso on me last night. Need to check it out on the way in. We need the R.E. market to come back so we can get what we need to out of our home. Then we'll be Texas bound.
We are headed for San Antonio- if the current prospect pans out, we'll actually be in Schertz, but I think it'll be a nice compromise...close enough to the city to be convenient, far enough away to be safe and have good schools. Plus, it's on the way to Austin, so I think buying a home there will be a good long-term investment. Thanks so much for the prayers and positive thoughts. I'm actually starting to allow myself to feel excited !

Old 01-27-2009, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dweej View Post
Well, the only thing holding us back is hubby getting a job offer out there...that's probably related to the economy too, I guess, although his field(s) haven't been as hard hit as some industries.

Speaking of jobs, there is a very neat opportunity that might pan out for us sometime soon. We've got documents going back and forth this week. Wish us luck and say some prayers.....back to TX in '09!!
This sounds exciting!!! I definitely will pray for you and your family. Keep us posted!

Old 01-28-2009, 09:40 AM

285 posts, read 677,594 times
Quote:
My husband's job here is what is keeping us from moving. He is not quite ready to retire and definitely not wanting to start a new career so I am waiting ... not so patiently. I am also trying to build my business before we move so I get to our vacation house as often as possible for that purpose.

My goal is to relocate no later than 2010.

Lori in snowy Virginia

Last edited by Texan in Virginia; 01-28-2009 at 09:42 AM.. Reason: forgot to include goal date
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas