Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 11:30 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,672,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotech4dallas View Post
Perhaps they were born in Oklahoma because right now, there is an infestation of Texas vehicles perpetrating the state right now. I work on cars from Texas everyday and some of the customers tell my service adviser, who tell me to make sure to check everything as I work on the car, because they are taking a vacation to Dallas, or Houston, etc and coming back to Oklahoma.

Doesn't bother me though because it is refreshing to see those plates with the spaceship on the upper left, the crescent moon on the upper right, the man riding the horse towards the bottom center, and the shape of Texas towards the center of the plates.
Texas vehicles perpetrating Oklahoma?
Funny, I see a lot of OK plates down here in San Antonio.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2008, 12:09 AM

14 posts, read 44,821 times
Born and raised in Texas, then I left to Florida for college. I graduate in the spring and can't wait to come back.

Old 12-18-2008, 12:23 AM

6,202 posts, read 11,457,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
It's Winter again and Chicagoan Snowbirds are visiting the center of the South.

Old 12-18-2008, 04:59 AM

5,406 posts, read 13,281,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by autotech4dallas View Post
Perhaps they were born in Oklahoma because right now, there is an infestation of Texas vehicles perpetrating the state right now. I work on cars from Texas everyday and some of the customers tell my service adviser, who tell me to make sure to check everything as I work on the car, because they are taking a vacation to Dallas, or Houston, etc and coming back to Oklahoma.

Doesn't bother me though because it is refreshing to see those plates with the spaceship on the upper left, the crescent moon on the upper right, the man riding the horse towards the bottom center, and the shape of Texas towards the center of the plates.
Wow, I'm impressed. You have the plate memorized. I can't even tell you what's on my license plate. I have a Texas friend now living in GA. He said he can't believe how many Texas license plates he has been seeing for the last few years in the Atlanta area. I imagine they'll all return one day as I hope he will.

Old 12-18-2008, 07:28 AM

4,604 posts, read 8,234,548 times
Quote:
there is an infestation of Texas vehicles perpetrating the state right now. I work on cars from Texas everyday and some of the customers tell my service adviser, who tell me to make sure to check everything as I work on the car, because they are taking a vacation to Dallas, or Houston, etc and coming back to Oklahoma.
Those are vehicles belonging to Texans who play football for OU and OSU, which teams would not be recognized if it were not for Texas high school football recruits, and their parents and friends.

Old 12-18-2008, 07:49 AM

2,238 posts, read 9,019,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
Among the more surprising findings: 37 percent of those surveyed have never moved from their hometowns.

That seems like a pretty high percentage for this day and age....
I would guess that it is related with the low levels of higher education in Texas.

Old 12-18-2008, 08:21 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,890,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by achtungpv View Post
I would guess that it is related with the low levels of higher education in Texas.
I'd say it is more along the lines of they DID get a college education and found that the best place to raise a family AND have a good job and be able to AFFORD a house of their own had a LOT more to do with the decision of living "close to home".

Old 12-18-2008, 11:36 AM

1,298 posts, read 4,288,355 times
haha, nearly all the comments in that article were correcting the poor grammar.

Old 12-18-2008, 05:33 PM

779 posts, read 2,247,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
Oh God! I did not mean to say perpetrate. It is just that there is a ton of them down here. Wrong word, sorry.

I do love Texas, Texans, and everybody in between.

Old 12-18-2008, 06:28 PM

5,406 posts, read 13,281,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by achtungpv View Post
I must defend what you're saying about Texas and education. Check out this craigslist ad from the Portland, OR area. My friend lives in Washington right over the Oregon line and she's looking for a roommate. She said she sees these type of ads every day, so illiteracy is everywhere. She sends them to me so I can laugh and then cry because people are so terribly uneducated. I've removed the name and link to the ad.

Hey, you don't need to go to college to learn grammar. If you don't know it by high school or sooner, you'll never know it. This is frightful, and she's 35 years old.

Date: 2008-12-18, 2:32PM
Hello there Im hopn u can kinda see where I am comn from, thing is due to the fact I do not have a formal job nobody will rent to me and am about to b homeless... really wonderfull... since I have money in the bank and excellent rental history...
but I am unable to pay $660 for just a room in a house expectially since my main form ov income iz selling my Art Work, and people are not buying as much as they have n this past year.
Really I do understand people's concerns, but I am resourcefull, and do odd jobs from time to time, to help cover not selling as much Art Work.
So my pup n I will have to start couch surfing.
Unfortionally my friends whom I can stay w/ all have free roaming animals, and my pup needs to be the only free~roamer.
Just because times get hard, tough, or weird I am not gonna give her up.
Also we have an intense connection that many people are jealous of.
Also because of this intense connection she has proven to be my medical awareness animal, and I have the paperwork to prove it.
I'm a quiet person who is always busy.

Quiet Lezbo n pup
Hello Portland looking for a new place something chill, quiet, no other free~roaming animals, but my pup, can give u the first few months ov rent up front.
The area that I wish to live in iz anywhere really, within Portland Boarders, not the 200 block ov god knowz where, and close to public transportation.
Looking to move in sooner than later, once something is sound Ill give u a good chunk ov change, and my 30 day notice to current house mates.
Currently paying $560 to live in the West Hills, close to Psu campus, n honestly don't wanna pay $600 or more, tryn to find something cheaper, so I can b able to save.
Always selling me Art~World is a full time job, and I do well with it.
I'm not one ov those up tight Art people, I do Art Work because I enjoy it.
If u are unsure if your land lord will allow my pup, she is considered my medical awareness dog... n I have paperwork to prove it.
If u say that ur landlord will not allow an animal, it is illegal for land~lord to deny a service or medical animal, or to charge an expensive animal dep.
She is not a pet. A pet is there for your mild amusement, which u remember to feed at times, and pick up after sometimes.
She surves a purpose.
No special accomdiations need to b made, except the fact ov not eating my food.
Have excellent rental history, and always pay bills on time.
Just a quiet down to earth 35 year old lezbo, who doesn't look, or act 35.
Tired ov paying $500+ for a room in the west hills, if u have a basement room available that is a bonus.
My pup and I are both omni~vours, have lived with Vegans before without any any issues.
I'll respect ur eating habits as long as u respect ours.
If I do not answer, leave a message with ur phone number, and a good time to call u back.
Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas