Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2009, 11:34 PM

957 posts, read 3,351,827 times

Advertisements

I would if the right opportunity presented itself. Other than that I'm happy here in Austin. It has a lot of what I like at a price I can afford. If I did leave, I'm sure I would wind up coming back after it got out of my system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2009, 01:18 AM

2,962 posts, read 3,532,338 times
Anyone who wants to leave is not worthy of being here anyway. I am a born and bred Texan and I like it that way. If you cannot handle Texas, then leave. Only the worthy shall be here.

Old 02-24-2009, 05:16 AM

5,406 posts, read 13,278,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
Anyone who wants to leave is not worthy of being here anyway. I am a born and bred Texan and I like it that way. If you cannot handle Texas, then leave. Only the worthy shall be here.
Now that is just so funny. We who find things we don't like in Texas doesn't mean we "can't handle it" whatever in the world that even means. I believe the definition of worthy goes far beyond who likes and or dislikes a state. If only the worthy shall stay, there are plenty of people from everywhere who need to be shipped elsewhere because Texas and every other state is full on unworthy people. Of course, I don't know any, but from what I hear, I think they're all around us.

Old 02-24-2009, 05:19 AM

3,977 posts, read 3,662,018 times
Too funny.

Old 02-24-2009, 11:48 AM

44 posts, read 134,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
If you don't have a problem with a high cost of living and earthquakes I'd say California has the most ideal weather.

High cost of living is why we are coming back to DFW!!

Weather is nice though.

Old 02-24-2009, 09:00 PM

189 posts, read 628,909 times
I had to move to KY 5 1/2 yrs ago. My husband matched there for training. I enjoyed my time there... made up my mind to be happy there and make the most of it... but I couldn't wait to get back to TX. I missed my family way too much! The people in KY were very friendly, but just didn't compare to the people here. This summer we moved back and I had tears in my eyes as I was crossing the state line. I hope I never have to move away again. Some of our very good friends from KY are about to move here. They fell in love with TX when they heard us talking about it and when they came to visit us in the fall.

Old 02-25-2009, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back2TX View Post
I had to move to KY 5 1/2 yrs ago. My husband matched there for training. I enjoyed my time there... made up my mind to be happy there and make the most of it... but I couldn't wait to get back to TX. I missed my family way too much! The people in KY were very friendly, but just didn't compare to the people here. This summer we moved back and I had tears in my eyes as I was crossing the state line. I hope I never have to move away again. Some of our very good friends from KY are about to move here. They fell in love with TX when they heard us talking about it and when they came to visit us in the fall.

I think a lot of loving where you are depends on if you have family with you. I know it would keep a lot of people grounded more. (my opinion for those who like to argue) I have to applaud you for making the best of it no matter where you are. That shows your personality. Good for you!

Old 02-25-2009, 05:55 AM

213 posts, read 568,254 times
I will say the day my Husband is due to transfer, I will have my bags packed and ready to either drive or fly out of here.. been here a year and have not acclimated well at all.. sorry all but need my beach!

Old 02-25-2009, 05:56 AM

Understood, and no offense taken. It is an opinon thing, by the way.

Old 02-25-2009, 06:14 AM

2,962 posts, read 3,532,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
Now that is just so funny. We who find things we don't like in Texas doesn't mean we "can't handle it" whatever in the world that even means. I believe the definition of worthy goes far beyond who likes and or dislikes a state. If only the worthy shall stay, there are plenty of people from everywhere who need to be shipped elsewhere because Texas and every other state is full on unworthy people. Of course, I don't know any, but from what I hear, I think they're all around us.
those who speak this way do not deserve to be in the glory that is known as Texas
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas