Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2013, 10:14 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,452,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth713 View Post
The only adavange Dallas seems to have over Houston is Mass transit and even those numbers are not over whelming once you factor in Houston park and ride.. bigger yes but not over whelming

according to the 2012 ridership report Dallas combined mass transit system has a daily ridership of 252,900, Houston combined transit system has a ridership of 290,000
Page 26 of the report..http://www.apta.com/resources/statis...rship-APTA.pdf
why post those numbers if you already admitted that Dallas has better transit?..It's like you are arguing with yourself....ughh..yall goin overboard now.

Old 08-07-2013, 10:39 PM

1,473 posts, read 2,150,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
why post those numbers if you already admitted that Dallas has better transit?..It's like you are arguing with yourself....ughh..yall goin overboard now.
turns out i was wrong.. Houston had higher ridership than Dallas.. In 2012 the other post was a re-edit and I never corrected the orignal post after I checked the numbers, even fact Houston has had the over all ridership for some time now at least as far back as 2010 , of course the futher back you go the harder it is to find the data

How are we going over board.. like Jay-z once said men lie, women lie..numbers don't

Old 08-07-2013, 11:19 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,452,922 times
Quote:
turns out i was wrong.. Houston had higher ridership than Dallas.. In 2012 the other post was a re-edit and I never corrected the orignal post after I checked the numbers, even fact Houston has had the over all ridership for some time now at least as far back as 2010 , of course the futher back you go the harder it is to find the data

How are we going over board.. like Jay-z once said men lie, women lie..numbers don't
we've been through the transit debate a million times over.....<sigh>....not again please.

Old 08-07-2013, 11:20 PM

420 posts, read 705,967 times
Higher ridership doesn't mean better transit. There is a large number of things that Houston does better than Dallas. Any fair and unbiased observer can see that. Transit simply isn't one of them. I don't give a **** about ridership numbers. Car culture is king in Texas, and for whatever reason, a higher percentage of people choose not to use the public resources of mass transit in the Dallas area. Either way, it is there and available and functional, and is no less than two decades ahead of Houston's system. By the time that Houston gets rail outside of its central core, Dallas-Fort Worth and all of their suburbs will be connected by rail. Quit beating this dead horse.

Old 08-07-2013, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayStokes View Post
Higher ridership doesn't mean better transit. There is a large number of things that Houston does better than Dallas. Any fair and unbiased observer can see that. Transit simply isn't one of them. I don't give a **** about ridership numbers. Car culture is king in Texas, and for whatever reason, a higher percentage of people choose not to use the public resources of mass transit in the Dallas area. Either way, it is there and available and functional, and is no less than two decades ahead of Houston's system. By the time that Houston gets rail outside of its central core, Dallas-Fort Worth and all of their suburbs will be connected by rail. Quit beating this dead horse.
why don't you actually read before commenting hmm.. I stated that Dallas had the better transit system, but Houston has betters ridership.. so by making that point I pretty much just said that ridership and quality are not the same thing.. Not my fault if you can not follow that simple statement..

I quote"
Quote:
The only adavange Dallas seems to have over Houston is Mass transit and even those numbers are not over whelming once you factor in Houston park and ride.. bigger yes but not over whelming
The only thing dallasboi asked about was the numbers , which I explained i had posted before I checked them and never corrected them... Now point to where I mentioned the quality of the Dart system ? Now I stated dallas had the edge in mass transit , just not as overwhelming so as many dallas homers to paint it as..

To address your point thu what does it matter if you have the better system if it does not translate to higher useage ?

Last edited by Truth713; 08-07-2013 at 11:41 PM..

Old 08-07-2013, 11:58 PM

420 posts, read 705,967 times
Quote:
why don't you actually read before commenting hmm.. I stated that Dallas had the better transit system, but Houston has betters ridership.. so by making that point I pretty much just said that ridership and quality are not the same thing.. Not my fault if you can not follow that simple statement..

I quote"

The only thing dallasboi asked about was the numbers , which I explained i had posted before I checked them and never corrected them... Now point to where I mentioned the quality of the Dart system ? Now I stated dallas had the edge in mass transit , just not as overwhelming so as many dallas homers to paint it as..

To address your point thu what does it matter if you have the better system if it does not translate to higher useage ?

For starters, I'm drunk. Kindly leave my reading comprehension out of this. Okay?

Second, a better system is a better system regardless of the usage. Texas is car country. But if you need mass transit, there is a better and more comprehensive system available in DFW.

I agree with you otherwise that there's not a big difference between Dallas and Houston. But both sides exaggerate their strengths, not just Dallas. In the end, Houston is better at some things and Dallas at others. I still think both are rather generic big cities for being Texas's flagships. I'm personally more of a Ft. Worth, Austin, San Antonio fan. But these threads can be amusing, nonetheless.

Old 08-08-2013, 12:04 AM

2,930 posts, read 5,272,017 times
<sigh>

Let's just all settle it that Dallas beats Houston at lightrail transit, hands down and Houston beats Dallas in skylines, freeways, restaurants, theater, medical services, entertainment, downtown, stadiums, and just about everything else.

Now we should get back to the topic of the skylines before this thread gets closed.

Old 08-08-2013, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneclaw View Post
<sigh>

Let's just all settle it that Dallas beats Houston at lightrail transit, hands down and Houston beats Dallas in skylines, freeways, restaurants, theater, medical services, entertainment, downtown, stadiums, and just about everything else.

Now we should get back to the topic of the skylines before this thread gets closed.
Wait this is about skylines..lol

But Dallas does have the better rail system(overall)

Old 08-08-2013, 07:30 AM

581 posts, read 924,548 times
Quote:
Wait this is about skylines..lol

But Dallas does have the better rail system(overall)
Indeed. Far superior.

You guys are like a little bratty sister in a training bra. Honestly, I see very little thoughtful development in Houston. All you guys have are skyscrapers. And they aren't any good after a few years because the executives get oil and gas all over everything. On occasion, when a hurricane blows through, all the windows will blow out before the skyscrapers float away down the ship channel.

Old 08-08-2013, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by binkyman View Post
Indeed. Far superior.

You guys are like a little bratty sister in a training bra. Honestly, I see very little thoughtful development in Houston. All you guys have are skyscrapers. And they aren't any good after a few years because the executives get oil and gas all over everything. On occasion, when a hurricane blows through, all the windows will blow out before the skyscrapers float away down the ship channel.
no not far superior if it was that then it would be boosting better numbers .. yes it is more extensive but it terms of useage it is being out paced by Houston.. It B.s homer commnets like your that feed the neg of this dallas vs Houston.. That is Dallas one glaring problem they are obessed with image over actual purpose... that absurd bridge ya,ll commsioned is the perfect example
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas