Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2013, 03:07 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,564,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Listen to yourself....you are a rediculous sandwich on rye bread
What? I'm just saying your one of the biggest homers of all of us, your just too blind to notice.. At least I give props to Dallas where they are due. I just happen to be a bit if a skyscraper dork so I'm very fond of this thread.. For the most part. Can we get back on topic?

There's an awesome new master plan for West Houston that includes 2 new towers, one with a few setbacks that have greenery on them. I'm on my phone at the moment though so ill have to post renderings later.

Old 09-24-2013, 03:11 PM

568 posts, read 901,473 times
Quote:
Yeah...on your part.
lol no... I was calling you out because of those archaic pics so they can't be your rebuttal to my statement. Don't be dense.

Old 09-24-2013, 04:27 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,452,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsatyr View Post
lol no... I was calling you out because of those archaic pics so they can't be your rebuttal to my statement. Don't be dense.
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!!!!

Too many people called me out about those parking lot pictures...MY rebuttle was
Quote:
Hold on son...now i said i stand corrected. ...but don't get to cocky...the only thing I was corrected on was the location of the. Massive blood. Sucking octopus that's known as the Houston tunnels. ..The rest of my post. Still stands.
Downtown Houston Still Has way more parking lots than Downtown Dallas.
Those parking lots still take up most of the area plotted for downtown.
95 blocks of tunnels is still more bad for downtown than good.
On paper maps DtHouston looks huge with an almost Perfect. Street grid. But paper maps are misleading because
All of houston's buildings are bunched up on one side of the LARGE area drawn for downtown. Houston has been building and filling in some blocks no doubt. .....But most of those perfectllittle square blocks in a perfectly drawn street grid are still empty. .....they call em parking lots.

Old 09-24-2013, 04:36 PM

Quote:

Too many people called me out about those parking lot pictures...MY rebuttle was
Except you make it seem like the majority of downtown is still parking lots like it was in the 70s. At least 5-10 towers have been built further east since those pictures were taken and we've built the Toyota center, the George R Brown convention center, Minute Maid park, discovery green, new light rail lines, Houston Center, GreenStreet, and a handful of new hotels, all on those empty lots pictured in your post from decades ago..

Old 09-24-2013, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
Except you make it seem like the majority of downtown is still parking lots like it was in the 70s. At least 5-10 towers have been built further east since those pictures were taken and we've built the Toyota center, the George R Brown convention center, Minute Maid park, discovery green, new light rail lines, Houston Center, GreenStreet, and a handful of new hotels, all on those empty lots pictured in your post from decades ago..
5-10 Towers on 5-10 lots..what about the other 30 parking lots

Old 09-24-2013, 06:15 PM

Quote:
5-10 Towers on 5-10 lots..what about the other 30 parking lots
5-10 was a very conservative estimate, but the other "30" blocks have partly been filled with what I just pointed out. The Toyota center takes up 6 blocks. GRB takes up over 5 blocks, that will be 10 blocks in the future.. MMP takes up 6 blocks. Houston center and GreenStreet take up 3 blocks a piece. The new hotels take up another 4 or so blocks. disco green takes up 4 blocks..that's 31 blocks right there.. Not counting the GRB expansion plans. Obviously there were more than 30 blocks vacant, as there are still some left. But they are continually filling up and downtown keeps growing..

Old 09-24-2013, 06:35 PM

568 posts, read 901,473 times
Quote:

"I rebutted that when i posted the pictures of the parking lots."

You mean after you posted the pictures. If you structured your sentence correctly then your statement would not have been so ambiguous.

Old 09-24-2013, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
5-10 was a very conservative estimate, but the other "30" blocks have partly been filled with what I just pointed out. The Toyota center takes up 6 blocks. GRB takes up over 5 blocks, that will be 10 blocks in the future.. MMP takes up 6 blocks. Houston center and GreenStreet take up 3 blocks a piece. The new hotels take up another 4 or so blocks. disco green takes up 4 blocks..that's 31 blocks right there.. Not counting the GRB expansion plans. Obviously there were more than 30 blocks vacant, as there are still some left. But they are continually filling up and downtown keeps growing..
See...here you go...bursting your own bubble....I was trying to help your case by only saying 40 parking lots. ....that darn truth always seems to rear its ugly head.

Old 09-24-2013, 07:57 PM

Quote:
See...here you go...bursting your own bubble....I was trying to help your case by only saying 40 parking lots. ....that darn truth always seems to rear its ugly head.
Heh, I appreciate that but I try to be honest. Anyways I had a great drive through the city just after sunset and realized how lucky we are to be living in Texas right now. I cant begin to count the projects going on all over Houston, much less Dallas and the rest of the state. All the metros are booming and the state is better than ever. We should all be so fortunate.

Old 09-24-2013, 08:16 PM

Some of the ideas for a West Houston master plan, next to/interconnected with Memorial Park.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas