Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who will you support in the 2010 Texas governors race?
Rick Perry 5 17.86%
Kay Bailey Hutchison 8 28.57%
Debra Medina 1 3.57%
Bill White 12 42.86%
Farouk Shami 2 7.14%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 01:29 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,520,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
I'm strongly considering giving up my Independent card to vote for KBH in the primary, and I'll probably vote for Bill White (the presumptive Democrat) in the general election.

Kay Bailey irked me by flip-flopping on toll roads. When she was in DC she was against them, now she's for them.
She's irking me now with the way her campaign is suddenly going for the socially right-wing base. I've always seen her as a true Texas Republican, the kind of Republican I could support-fiscally conservative and socially moderate (or even socially "I don't give a d...., it's none of my business).
As I keep telling my Republican friends, as soon as the party drops all the ultra-right conservative social stuff (which alienates many of them, as well), I'll become the best Republican they've ever seen. Until then, I continue on as an Independent.
I didn't vote in the poll yet, I need more time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2010, 01:33 PM

47 posts, read 142,554 times
bill white is the logical choice, for me.......well liked, extremely educated, and he just seems to "get things done"

Old 01-02-2010, 04:44 PM

2,155 posts, read 4,587,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthmoreAve View Post
Sorry, I only saw the thread title.
Yeah, I accidentally voted for who I think will when instead of who I support.

Old 01-02-2010, 09:09 PM

5,406 posts, read 13,290,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
What dealings does Texas politics have with Massachusetts in the first place?

Just curious...
Nothing, but she was on TV the other night and mentioned the state of Massachusetts (in what context, I didn't catch) pronouncing it incorrectly, hence my post. If she's in Texas politics, she should know how to pronounce states other than Texas. Again, it's embarrassing and seems pretty ignorant to me.

Old 01-02-2010, 09:14 PM

5,406 posts, read 13,290,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
she probably does that on purpose to please the knuckle dragging, bible thumping voter base.
I doubt she does that on purpose and has probably pronounced it that way all her life. I surely don't know what it has to do with what you refer to as the "knuckle dragging, Bible thumping voter base. What's the deal? Can't they pronounce it correctly either, hence her mispronunciation is pleasing to them? Again, I doubt it.

Old 01-03-2010, 01:42 AM

3,503 posts, read 7,512,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
Nothing, but she was on TV the other night and mentioned the state of Massachusetts (in what context, I didn't catch) pronouncing it incorrectly, hence my post. If she's in Texas politics, she should know how to pronounce states other than Texas. Again, it's embarrassing and seems pretty ignorant to me.
Well, supporting the bailout and waving her hands as if she was ignorant to it all does give that hint.

Medina looks better to me.

Just about anyone in Austin that could be backing any of these candidates could stand to take a header from a hi-rise...

Old 01-03-2010, 08:51 AM

3,127 posts, read 7,638,235 times
I have heard that Farouk Shami is a Muslim....can someone confirm this for me? If that is true, would Texans honestly vote for a man like that?

Old 01-03-2010, 09:00 AM

8,611 posts, read 14,929,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
I have heard that Farouk Shami is a Muslim....can someone confirm this for me? If that is true, would Texans honestly vote for a man like that?
He obviously has an Islamic background, given his name, ancestry, and place of birth, but if what I've read is correct (this is the internet, after all), he's actually a Quaker, not a Muslim.

Old 01-03-2010, 09:37 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,459,633 times
I'm going to have to hold my nose and support KBH, if only because I think she's the only one who can take Perry out, and Perry has GOT to go. However, I am MOST unhappy with her reversal on the toll roads issue - we do NOT need more toll roads, thank you very much. That's one of the reasons so many people are wanting Perry booted out, so that is going to hurt her.

Old 01-03-2010, 10:50 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,520,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
I'm going to have to hold my nose and support KBH, if only because I think she's the only one who can take Perry out, and Perry has GOT to go. However, I am MOST unhappy with her reversal on the toll roads issue - we do NOT need more toll roads, thank you very much. That's one of the reasons so many people are wanting Perry booted out, so that is going to hurt her.
That's where I've been so far, now I just don't know. Why do you suppose she has reversed on toll roads? That issue has been such a thorn in the side of so many Texans and has gotten Parry so much criticism. I don't get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas