Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 02:40 PM

661 posts, read 1,251,422 times

Advertisements

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9AFd...1&feature=fvwp

Old 11-03-2010, 02:19 PM

222 posts, read 579,121 times
There is a lot of reasons not to hate Toronto, One reason I can give that really stands out is they try tokeep the city as clean as possible also for me as a black man no extreme racism most of the races live in harmony comp[ared to america when getting beat be the police is a daily thing.

Old 11-03-2010, 09:02 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,021,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Boy Columbus View Post
There is a lot of reasons not to hate Toronto, One reason I can give that really stands out is they try tokeep the city as clean as possible also for me as a black man no extreme racism most of the races live in harmony comp[ared to america when getting beat be the police is a daily thing.
Hi. curious. Can you post the news article where you found out that police beat people daily in the US? I'd like to share it with a mate.

Old 11-04-2010, 07:09 AM

26,883 posts, read 38,040,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
Hi. curious. Can you post the news article where you found out that police beat people daily in the US? I'd like to share it with a mate.
The U.S. is a huge country,and there are hundreds of thousands of interactions between police and citizens every single day. Human beings being what they are, it is likely that at least a few of these lead to people getting beaten up by cops - every day.

It is also likely true that people get beaten up by cops every single day in Canada as well.

Old 12-06-2010, 08:35 PM

2,008 posts, read 1,248,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Boy Columbus View Post

Old 12-07-2010, 09:10 AM

701 posts, read 1,900,814 times
Toronto is an OK city. Not so much to hate about, just like it has nothing much to love about either.
Beautiful? Definitely no, Livable? probably.
Does it "stand out"? Not really.

Old 12-07-2010, 09:55 PM

287 posts, read 1,010,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkgg7 View Post
Toronto is an OK city. Not so much to hate about, just like it has nothing much to love about either.
Beautiful? Definitely no, Livable? probably.
Does it "stand out"? Not really.
Naw, you don't hate Toronto.

Old 12-08-2010, 07:51 AM

22 posts, read 84,579 times
I live an hour and a half from Toronto and like to keep it that way. I could never live in any big city but Toronto isn't spectacular anyway.

Old 12-08-2010, 08:47 AM

26,883 posts, read 38,040,463 times
There is absolutely nothing really wrong with Toronto. Certainly not when compared to comparable cities anywhere in the world.

However, one thing that is wrong is the attitude of some Torontonians who try and attribute qualities to the city that it clearly does not have. It's as if it were sacrilege to dare say that Toronto doesn't have "everything".

I sometimes wonder if they would take offence and protest to the contrary if someone pointed out to them that Toronto did not have any year-round tropical beaches with palm trees!

All of which is why people like kkgg7 (and yours truly on occasion) like to have a bit of fun by provoking these Torontonians.
All good fun, I'm sure, but deliberately provoking other members is also the definition of trolling -- never mind the fact that certain members scream from the rafters when cheap shots are taken at their particular locale. CG1

New global ranking confirms Toronto's status as comfortable, not sexy - Posted Toronto (http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blogs/toronto/archive/2009/06/16/new-global-ranking-confirms-toronto-s-status-as-comfortable-not-sexy.aspx - broken link)

Last edited by Cornerguy1; 12-08-2010 at 10:43 AM..

Old 12-08-2010, 09:23 AM

41 posts, read 173,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
There is absolutely nothing really wrong with Toronto. Certainly not when compared to comparable cities anywhere in the world.

However, one thing that is wrong is the attitude of some Torontonians who try and attribute qualities to the city that it clearly does not have. It's as if it were sacrilege to dare say that Toronto doesn't have "everything".

I sometimes wonder if they would take offence and protest to the contrary if someone pointed out to them that Toronto did not have any year-round tropical beaches with palm trees!

All of which is why people like kkgg7 (and yours truly on occasion) like to have a bit of fun by provoking these Torontonians.

New global ranking confirms Toronto's status as comfortable, not sexy - Posted Toronto (http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blogs/toronto/archive/2009/06/16/new-global-ranking-confirms-toronto-s-status-as-comfortable-not-sexy.aspx - broken link)
Nope, you do it because you suffer from the same quintessential insecurity that afflicts most Canadians, and what's not more Canadian than insecurity. The biggest indictment would be to ignore anything related to the city but you don't. Tall poppy syndrome is a national flaw and Canadians do it to Americans all the time, the difference is, Americans just ignore Canada but Canadians just don't feel right unless their expressing their opinions about people and places, even those they profess to "not care about at all".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto