Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 09:18 PM

2,982 posts, read 4,098,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther. View Post
List: 400 (Mccowan N of Eglinton) , 4 corners (Sparroways, Villaways Allenbury, Brahms) , Agincourt, Ardwick, Bay Mills, Cataraqui Ct, Chalkfarm, Chester Le, Cougar Ct, Crescent Town, Danzig aka D-Block, Dawes Rd, Dean Park, Dixon, Dolly Varden, Duncanwoods, Vaughan and Oakwood, Falstaff, Flemingdon Park, Overlea, Galloway, Gilder, Glamorgan, Glendower, Gordonridge, Greenbrae Ct, Jamestown(Rexdale) , Jane strip from Woolner to Steeles, Malvern, Markham and Eg, Martha Eaton Way, Mornelle Ct, Mount Dennis-Weston strip from St Clair to Steeles , Mount Olive, Neptune and Jungle(Lawrence Heights / Ranee ave) , Orton Park, Parkway Forest Drive, Parma Court , Pelham Park, 4010 Lawrence Ave E , Roywoods, San Pietro Way, San Romanoway, Driftwood Ct, Scarlettwood Ct, Silver Springs, Stovetop, Tandridge, Teesdale, Thorncliffe Park, Tretheway strip, Tuxedo Court, "White blocks" , Willowridge, Willowtree, Yewtree, and there are more.
Vaughn and Markham? Seriously??? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

This is as accurate as saying Gramercy Park is one of the worst areas of Manhattan!

Old 05-15-2012, 06:32 AM

325 posts, read 1,036,054 times
Actually have ot agree with Panther on this one: Vaughan Road and Oakwood Avenue, Markham Road and Eglinton Avenue really aren't very nice parts of town.

Old 05-15-2012, 07:05 PM

2,982 posts, read 4,098,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlsoNotMe View Post
Actually have ot agree with Panther on this one: Vaughan Road and Oakwood Avenue, Markham Road and Eglinton Avenue really aren't very nice parts of town.
When he mantioned "Malvern" which is a neighbourhood and not a street, I assumed he was referring to Markham and Vaughn proper.

Old 05-24-2012, 06:16 PM

1 posts, read 22,164 times
You can always compare areas of Toronto to the very worst of NYC or Mexico or South America and Toronto looks better. But compare Toronto to the way it was. 20 years ago, it was famous for being safe, yet with plenty of things to do. My own opinion is that with mass immigration, particularly Jamaican, the violent crime arrived. The drugs, the rapes, the muggings, they all existed before, but not on the scale they do now. The reputation of Toronto is no longer as a safe place, only Torontonians are fooling themselves into believing they live in some sort of multicultural, pluralistic city. It is not safe, its reputation has long ago sunk and from what I know, most Torontonians would move to the USA tomorrow if not some other area of Canada. Glass buildings, bars etc. dont make a city. I also suspect the Toronto police could use some positive reinforcement. From my last visit, they seemed very busy and trying to enforce laws, but it was obvious to me that the place was unsafe.

Old 05-27-2012, 10:49 PM

126 posts, read 557,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred001 View Post
You can always compare areas of Toronto to the very worst of NYC or Mexico or South America and Toronto looks better. But compare Toronto to the way it was. 20 years ago, it was famous for being safe, yet with plenty of things to do. My own opinion is that with mass immigration, particularly Jamaican, the violent crime arrived. The drugs, the rapes, the muggings, they all existed before, but not on the scale they do now. The reputation of Toronto is no longer as a safe place, only Torontonians are fooling themselves into believing they live in some sort of multicultural, pluralistic city. It is not safe, its reputation has long ago sunk and from what I know, most Torontonians would move to the USA tomorrow if not some other area of Canada. Glass buildings, bars etc. dont make a city. I also suspect the Toronto police could use some positive reinforcement. From my last visit, they seemed very busy and trying to enforce laws, but it was obvious to me that the place was unsafe.
This all sounds way off. Toronto is safe. It is certainly safer than comparably sized cities in the US. If you have evidence that contradicts that, please provide it. Also, I doubt it is much less safe now than it was in 1992; in fact, it might even be safer (I know it is safer than it was 5 years ago). Again, provide some evidence. Finallly, most Torontonians probably wouldn't move to the US. I would move, but not because I expect it to be safer.

Old 05-29-2012, 07:55 PM

277 posts, read 785,763 times
Default The real Toronto

The real toronto (2005) full - YouTube

Old 06-03-2012, 07:21 AM

3,862 posts, read 5,284,740 times
This is really sad: Visitation of evil: Warmington | Toronto & GTA | News | Toronto Sun

Side note: Read the comments section, The Toronto Sun comment section is basically as bad as Fox News.

Old 06-22-2012, 08:19 AM

20 posts, read 66,671 times
lawrence heights isn't so bad, i live there, jane and finch is much worse. dufferin and king is pretty sketchy.

Old 07-03-2012, 12:26 PM

17 posts, read 50,367 times
Someone here thinks Victoria Park is bad anywhere north of the beaches?? I think it's quite a nice street, all the way up to Steeles. It's kept very clean and in good condition. Traffic is never too heavy either. I often include it in my running routes.

Old 07-04-2012, 12:31 PM

1 posts, read 21,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by downwithwebster123 View Post
Jane and Finch has cleared up a lot. I'd say some pretty bad areas are:
-Lawrence Heights (Lawrence and Bathurst) which is kind of ironic, since it is next to one of the richest areas in Toronto (Forest Hill/Cedarvale.)
-Regent Park, and Moss Park (Between Queen/Jarvis to Gerrard and River), lots of subsidized housing, low-income families, high crime rate.
-Rexdale (Kipling/Finch) , and anywhere along Commissioners, isolated, lots of homeless people.
-Scarborough has some pretty nasty areas, anywhere along Progress Road. Vic Park turns nice south of Kingston Road, but it's pretty sketchy anywhere else. Malverns also not that great.
-Flemingdon Park, and Thorncliffe Park (pretty much ajacent to eachother, (Eglinton/ Laird to Eglinton/Don Mills) lots of low-income housing.
-St. James Town (Bloor/Jarvis) isn't that nice.
-Also, parts of East York can be a little ghetto.
Good list. Marked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto