Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 05:05 AM

44,252 posts, read 64,570,677 times

Advertisements

I, too, prefer american cars, though I am open to any car that does the job well/the best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2012, 07:15 AM

25,901 posts, read 16,626,281 times
Most I see are driven by 50+ year old white people.

Old 04-30-2012, 08:41 AM

7,031 posts, read 14,531,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yowps3 View Post
In the USA are the majority of Lexus drivers 'white' or Asian..

From what I've observed Asians tend to drive Benz, especially the elders.. Lexus seemed more for like white middle age females
In my area, a large proportion of Lexus drivers are young Asian females.. Asians tend to drive BMW, Honda, and Toyota here. Very few drive American cars although it's not unheard of.

Old 04-30-2012, 12:31 PM

17,503 posts, read 66,410,556 times
This question reminded me of the porcupine/BMW riddle.

Q: What's the difference between a porcupine and a BMW?

A: Porcupine has pricks on the outside!

Old 05-01-2012, 01:47 AM

3,565 posts, read 8,014,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Naw, the overall group makes more money on average. So it would make sense wherever.
I wasn't denying that. But even then, wouldn't Asians being concentrated in California and other expensive areas also skew their salaries a bit too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlroadster View Post
In my area when most Asian people drive a luxury car, it's most likely a Lexus. Being of this descent and interacting with a rather large subset of this group, it's mostly due to nationalistic pride.

Those who don't buy Lexus but can afford it buy MB's and BMW's, but we can agree that all across the board they get into the most popular models (IS/RX, 3er, C). Those who don't buy luxury cars you can usually see behind the wheel of a Honda or Toyota.

Your wannabe "racers" and "look at me" guys buy an M3 or C63. Some buy an STi. It's rare to see someone of Asian descent to buy a pickup, but there are some. Usually the blue collar guys and contractors.

And lastly, you get the occasional oddball who is obsessed over American performance..like me.
Why do they have to be "wannabe"? Have much resentment? The M3 and C63 are very nice cars.

Old 05-01-2012, 05:20 AM

297 posts, read 743,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKAN View Post
I wasn't denying that. But even then, wouldn't Asians being concentrated in California and other expensive areas also skew their salaries a bit too?

Why do they have to be "wannabe"? Have much resentment? The M3 and C63 are very nice cars.
I have no resentment. Again, I have relationships with a large subset of Asian-Americans and I, myself am one as well. I don't deny that the M3 and C63 ae great cars (was in the market for one until I picked up a CTS-V), but the ones I know who are owners of them are ones who buy them simply because they are top of the line in terms of performance, features, and price.

And not one of the people I know have even contemplated taking theirs to a closed course or speedway to "open it up".

Old 05-01-2012, 05:29 AM

4,256 posts, read 3,801,371 times
Whats with the statistics? Next time you go out driving take a look around you and make notice of who is driving them. That would be enough proof for me, not such things as household income, size of the community, etc..it does not matter. My vote goes to the Asian community.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:24 AM

3,565 posts, read 8,014,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlroadster View Post
I have no resentment. Again, I have relationships with a large subset of Asian-Americans and I, myself am one as well. I don't deny that the M3 and C63 ae great cars (was in the market for one until I picked up a CTS-V), but the ones I know who are owners of them are ones who buy them simply because they are top of the line in terms of performance, features, and price.

And not one of the people I know have even contemplated taking theirs to a closed course or speedway to "open it up".
Sounds like a pretty good darn reason to buy said cars. I'm not sure I'd want to take mine out to a track either, but you do realize you can drive pleasure drives and mess around a bit on public streets every now and then, right? BTW, good choice of car. I think the CTS-V is the best American sports sedan out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion