Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2021, 01:31 PM

166 posts, read 96,152 times

Advertisements

Have been following the rollout of this vehicle in other countries where it's doing well. Haven't noticed mention here of the "unveiling" in June...coming to U.S. this year. I've been casually researching vehicles if only for the day my beloved '99 Honda CRV might require significant repairs. It's in mint condition, only a couple repairs besides regular maintenance, low miles. Been so out of the car market and don't need/want most of the technology and repairs that go along with it.

We have a small garage therefore I have an elaborate spreadsheet set up comparing specs of my CRV vs new vehicles. Have been dismayed how the size of all model "compact" SUVs has grown over years yet "subcompacts" are too small. Along with forced growth in length/width...more gas saving regs required . On paper, the closest so far to my CRV is Subaru Crosstrek. Test drove one and it does not meet my needs! Chevy Trailblazer is close but reliability unknown. One feature I love about CRV is the popup back window! I can pop up to drop in groceries and rarely have to swing open bottom gate (no big deal). So with any new vehicle I'll need to get a "power lift gate" which is often considered a luxury requiring a step up in model and additional unwanted add-ons.

So perhaps some might view the new Corolla Cross is just another unneeded SUV. However so far, on paper, it might be closer to my CRV specs--smaller than RAV4 yet larger than C-HR. It also offers several features (like power liftgate). I'll be giving it a test drive and keeping up with the market more which I've totally ignored due to the reliability and convenience of my CRV.

Do you think this will do well in U.S.?

Don't know how to post pic here...the style doesn't matter to me it's more about specs although do dislike those slapped-on touch screens (vs integrated with dash).

https://pressroom.toyota.com/2022-to...orolla-lineup/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2021, 03:10 PM

6,354 posts, read 7,759,280 times
Looks like a baby RAV4. Should do well as folks tend towards crossovers these days.

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Old 06-23-2021, 03:27 PM

714 posts, read 721,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightsider View Post
Have been following the rollout of this vehicle in other countries where it's doing well. Haven't noticed mention here of the "unveiling" in June...coming to U.S. this year. I've been casually researching vehicles if only for the day my beloved '99 Honda CRV might require significant repairs. It's in mint condition, only a couple repairs besides regular maintenance, low miles. Been so out of the car market and don't need/want most of the technology and repairs that go along with it.

We have a small garage therefore I have an elaborate spreadsheet set up comparing specs of my CRV vs new vehicles. Have been dismayed how the size of all model "compact" SUVs has grown over years yet "subcompacts" are too small. Along with forced growth in length/width...more gas saving regs required . On paper, the closest so far to my CRV is Subaru Crosstrek. Test drove one and it does not meet my needs! Chevy Trailblazer is close but reliability unknown. One feature I love about CRV is the popup back window! I can pop up to drop in groceries and rarely have to swing open bottom gate (no big deal). So with any new vehicle I'll need to get a "power lift gate" which is often considered a luxury requiring a step up in model and additional unwanted add-ons.

So perhaps some might view the new Corolla Cross is just another unneeded SUV. However so far, on paper, it might be closer to my CRV specs--smaller than RAV4 yet larger than C-HR. It also offers several features (like power liftgate). I'll be giving it a test drive and keeping up with the market more which I've totally ignored due to the reliability and convenience of my CRV.

Do you think this will do well in U.S.?

Don't know how to post pic here...the style doesn't matter to me it's more about specs although do dislike those slapped-on touch screens (vs integrated with dash).

https://pressroom.toyota.com/2022-to...orolla-lineup/

I wish they made it in a hybrid version. It seems silly that they aren't.

Old 06-24-2021, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackwriter View Post
I wish they made it in a hybrid version. It seems silly that they aren't.
Agree. Sounds like it's coming soon after.

Toyota Corolla Cross Hybrid teased for US
The Corolla Cross is available as a hybrid in other markets, too.

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/t...id-suv-teased/

Old 09-18-2021, 03:53 PM

Vehicle announced to be coming out in a few weeks (Oct) but will be interesting to see w/chip shortage and production capability. To be assembled in Alabama. There are now a some test drive reviews on-line and specs .pdf on Toyota but no build feature yet. Hybrid reported to come to U.S. 2022. Simply going to take a look at all vehicles again in case of a major expense/failure as an eventual replacement based on size/class and some other specs but likely to hang onto CRV for a while. Sure do dislike those Ipad model touch screens on many brands.

Guess if the price point is as advertised, this will be popular. It has been popular in other countries, including hybrid, so although U.S. version is different, perhaps reliability will be better than typical first year rollouts.

Toyota: https://pressroom.toyota.com/vehicle...corolla-cross/

Old 09-18-2021, 04:23 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,571,506 times
I watched Sofyan Bey's review of it this morning. It's decent but the styling is a little bland for my tastes.

Old 09-18-2021, 06:37 PM

17,597 posts, read 17,629,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
I watched Sofyan Bey's review of it this morning. It's decent but the styling is a little bland for my tastes.

In some ways the exterior reminds me of Mitsubishi.

Old 09-26-2021, 06:11 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,462,489 times
Will be made in Alabama side by side with the similar Mazda CX-30

Old 09-29-2021, 06:21 PM

602 posts, read 312,880 times
Interesting

https://www.idrivesocal.com/2022-toy...s-all-new-suv/

Old 09-30-2021, 09:33 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,792,964 times
The first ones rolled off the factory assembly line in Alabama today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion