Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 06:41 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,332,413 times

Advertisements

Toyota Nation

Here's a good link.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2009, 07:33 PM

1,763 posts, read 7,333,588 times
we have a Yaris hatchback and it rocks....

people always say, "how do you like your hybrid?"

we just explain it's a small gas-powered car that is inexpensive to drive

:-)

i'm not a toyota fanboy, but it's a great little car, and for the money, it can't be beat

Old 01-05-2009, 07:01 AM

4,697 posts, read 6,446,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeBolt View Post
If you don't mind my asking, Whats a "Blue Tooth"?
Sorry - I should have explained.

"Bluetooth" means the ability to interface with Bluetooth-enabled cell-phones. It provides hands-free cell phone use, and more. You can dial outgoing calls using the multi-function display (MFD). When making or receiving calls, you speak through a microphone in the steering wheel and listen over the stereo system speakers (which automatically mute anything you were listening to prior to the phone call). You can also copy phone numbers from your address book on the phone to an address book on the Prius.

Once you set up a connection (or "sync" the car and phone), the connection will reestablish every time you restart the Prius, as long as you have the phone with you ... but it could be in your pocket - no physical connection is needed.

Old 01-05-2009, 08:13 AM

7,685 posts, read 13,140,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGene View Post
Sorry - I should have explained.

"Bluetooth" means the ability to interface with Bluetooth-enabled cell-phones. It provides hands-free cell phone use, and more. You can dial outgoing calls using the multi-function display (MFD). When making or receiving calls, you speak through a microphone in the steering wheel and listen over the stereo system speakers (which automatically mute anything you were listening to prior to the phone call). You can also copy phone numbers from your address book on the phone to an address book on the Prius.

Once you set up a connection (or "sync" the car and phone), the connection will reestablish every time you restart the Prius, as long as you have the phone with you ... but it could be in your pocket - no physical connection is needed.
That sounds a little to high-tec for me. I just want a car that gets from point "A" to point "B" and back again with great gas milage and looks good. Heck, I had a hard time figureing out how to use my TomTom 1, I got for Christmas from my employeer. Thanks for the info on the Bluetooth, it sounds like a good thing to have so you can keep both hands on the wheel.

Old 01-05-2009, 08:51 AM

687 posts, read 2,951,145 times
Quote:
This is true about the owner being the key to a vehicles long life. But I don't feel that four engines and multiple tranis qualify as the best vehicle. Now if that would have been the same engine at over a million miles, then I would have been impressed. When I was looking at my truck the dealership had a Toyota sitting in thier showroom that had over 700,000 miles on the odometer and it was the same motor. Plus it had never had any major engine work done on the engine or trani. And it was a one owner car, he traveled coast to coast as a salesmen. Now that impressedes me.
And that's a valid point. I've no certainty that the 4 engines were all rebuilds of the same core or new replacements. Nor do I know why he replaced them, perhaps it was just preventative. It's still a impressive record that a vehicle has stayed together that long, toyota or no. And I do recall Toyota ads with old trucks from late 70's with over a million miles.
Volvo and Mercedes ran similar ads. Chevy is running a longevity ad now.

Old 01-05-2009, 01:56 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,140,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drb85650 View Post
And that's a valid point. I've no certainty that the 4 engines were all rebuilds of the same core or new replacements. Nor do I know why he replaced them, perhaps it was just preventative. It's still a impressive record that a vehicle has stayed together that long, toyota or no. And I do recall Toyota ads with old trucks from late 70's with over a million miles.
Volvo and Mercedes ran similar ads. Chevy is running a longevity ad now.
True, but I'm sure your friend doen't live anywhere up here in noerthern Ohio. With all the salt they dump on our roads, its a wonder that any of our vehicles make it past three years.

The nice thing about my 2008 Tacoma, is that they put a high impact plastic bed in it instaed of a metal one. This bed will never rust .

Old 01-05-2009, 02:29 PM

687 posts, read 2,951,145 times
Quote:
True, but I'm sure your friend doen't live anywhere up here in noerthern Ohio. With all the salt they dump on our roads, its a wonder that any of our vehicles make it past three years.

The nice thing about my 2008 Tacoma, is that they put a high impact plastic bed in it instaed of a metal one. This bed will never rust .
from southern Arizona.....what's rust? you can leave bare metal laying outside for months with only a slight layer of surface rust(dust?)resulting.

Old 01-05-2009, 04:44 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,948,301 times
Mine's a '93 Previa, with 230,000. Originally from northern Indiana, spent most of it's life in northern Michigan. Almost no rust. Uses no oil.

Old 01-06-2009, 11:11 AM

5,341 posts, read 6,520,264 times
114,000 trouble free miles

Except for a few parking lot dings & dents it's just as solid
as day 1

Old 01-06-2009, 12:15 PM

8,376 posts, read 30,696,401 times
Those little Tercels are actually a lot better than people give them credit for. Worlds better than any Cavalier or Sunfire.

I'm a proud owner of a Pontiac (Toyota) Vibe. There's no reason this car shouldn't last 300k miles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion