Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 05:33 PM

11,157 posts, read 29,395,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
I love this rims, were did find them and how much?
here the link to their site
they are series #185 I have a set of series #186 on my 91 F250 for the last 5 years with out a problem
plus the are made in the USA
Eagle Alloy Wheels
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2010, 09:55 PM

9 posts, read 55,580 times
question, are there significant differences between the series #185 and 186?

Old 06-08-2010, 10:05 PM

11,157 posts, read 29,395,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePartsbin View Post
question, are there significant differences between the series #185 and 186?
they are the same 8-hole rim just a diffrent finish

http://www.americaneaglewheel.com/images/categories/ACF2256.jpg (broken link)

Old 06-10-2010, 05:30 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,173,453 times
Well, its official.

I talked to a tire shop guy (National Chain store) and he said that in the state of Ohio, you can remove the tire pressure sensors (legally) from your vehicle as long as you DON'T tamper with the MIL (Malfunction Indicator Light). He said that they do it all the time when someone buys a new set of rims & tires and don't want the $160.00 plus sensors placed on them. People have them removed all the time because they have a bad habit of snapping off when you try to remove the steal caps, so they just replace them with the old style valve stems. No problem, and problem salved.

Old 09-05-2010, 10:53 AM

Talking Just A little FYI

I did it and it works like charm .

I had all 5 of the stupid Tire Pressure Sensors pulled out and standard air valves put in. Note that the MIL Malfunction Indicator Light in the dash stayed on. So I went to the hardware store, bought 2 heavy walled 4" PVC end caps, 1 piece of 4" heavy walled PVC pipe about 4" long and 1 standard size valve stem. I glued 1 cap to one end of the pipe, the ground the dome off of the other end (just enough to drill a hole for the valve stem to fit). I placed all 5 of the TPS's inside and glued the other end cap on to it. Using PVC cleaner and glue. I pumped it up to approximately 40 PSI (checked for leaks using soapy water). Then I took it out to the truck, started the truck and the MIL went out . So now the (RedNeck TPS Cheater Can) "as I call ir" stay in the Toyota under the back seat and "NO MORE IDIOT LIGHT" to look at while driving down the high-way.

Old 01-21-2011, 10:08 AM

Well, it's official, the Can I made fot the tire pressure sencor's did the trick. I took my vehicle in for the state required test and all they were concerned with was that there were no MIL lit up in the dash. So when I go to sell it someday, I'll just hand them the can and smile.

If there's a way to get around a problem, a Redneck will find a way, LOL.

Old 01-21-2011, 10:27 AM

19,023 posts, read 26,019,529 times
Are we related ? i can tell you I don't need any idiot light to tell me a tire has gone low. I feel that in the seat of my pants.

Now my wife is a whole other matter. She called me a couple years ago telling me the car had no power. I knew what was wrong long before i got to where she was. There was parts of tire all over the bloomin road and she was pretty pink about it.

I just swapped cages with her and let her go. I slapped on a the spare and went for a new tire.

Later when she would find a reason to berate me i got to wag the finger, which got her in controll.

She tends to be a lead foot driver anyway. I found the fix for that was to pull the speedo (cable drive still) hook it to a drill motor on the bench, and run the drill to check speed. Stop the drill and pull the needle, start the drill and install the needle 10 mph to fast and install the speedo back in the car. That works. LOL

Old 01-21-2011, 11:37 AM

That's funny, I'm a lucky one then, my wife is a good driver .

Old 01-24-2011, 07:35 AM

780 posts, read 2,933,547 times
Good to know. Vehicles prior to 2008 MY are not subject to the federally-mandated law about TPMS. My '5 GM has one and it was painlessly defeatable. The '8 absolutely refused to have its TPMS disabled; so I did the ultimate mod, a small piece of black electrical tape ...

Old 01-24-2011, 08:44 AM

48,502 posts, read 97,051,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
There is a big difference between Ohio and California highway laws. In Ohio, a drunk driver is a drink driver no matter how you cut it and they are at fault in a accident if they blow over the legal limit.
Civol law in evry stae starts out at 50-50 fault when the trial starts. That is why rewards as to fault is much different than if insuranace settles the civil damage faults.Drunk driver maybe given a higher pre ceantge but a car running a ried light hitting a drunk driver will endup with a large per centage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion