Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 08:45 AM

3,135 posts, read 11,926,070 times

Advertisements

A real redneck wouldn't drive a POS Toyota. Just sayn'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2011, 06:49 AM

7,685 posts, read 13,173,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerMunkee View Post
It's a far better truck than any of the Ford's, Chevy's and GMC's I have ever own and driven. So far it has out performed all of them in it's class as a mid size truck. And I use to be a hardcore Ford truck owner and now they couldn't give me one of those rattle traps. Oh, and by the way, this truck was biult in a union factory by AMERICANS and you may want to go into the real world you'll see rednecks driving Toyota's all over the country. "Just Saying"

Old 01-25-2011, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by POS VETT View Post
Good to know. Vehicles prior to 2008 MY are not subject to the federally-mandated law about TPMS. My '5 GM has one and it was painlessly defeatable. The '8 absolutely refused to have its TPMS disabled; so I did the ultimate mod, a small piece of black electrical tape ...
Well under the NHSTA (National High-way Safety Transportation Administration) it's illegal to disable the MIL (Malfunction Indicator Light) of any newer model vehicle, or to tamper with its computer. This will hamper the trade in, or the resale of said vehicle. I own a 2007 Toyota tacoma and I was told that you cannot tamper with the MIL/computer, but you can remove the TPS (Tire Pressure Sensor's), just hold on to them and turn them in when you sell the vehicle.
But the use of electrical tape is a good thing, your not messing with anything, right? .

Old 01-25-2011, 09:36 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,801,740 times
Quote:
depends on the age, i think. where i grew up -- with older people this is totally true, but not with people younger than about 40 or so.

Old 01-25-2011, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
depends on the age, i think. where i grew up -- with older people this is totally true, but not with people younger than about 40 or so.
The poster that said that probably doesn't even know what a (REDNECK) is anyway, being that they're from Calorado and all. Both sides of my family come from coal mining states and thats where the true RedNecks come from.

Old 01-26-2011, 03:49 PM

Quote:
(Troll)

Old 01-26-2011, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
(Troll)
Huh uh.

Looks like half of the 2007 Tacoma's were built in Mexico and the other half in the USA. Post a pic of your VIN so we can see where it was built. Either way, you are supporting a company based in Japan. You are supporting a country, if they had their way, would have liked us speaking German. Thankfully, we had the bigger bomb.

Who the hell buys a truck with a V6? Oh yes, Toyota idiots. So yeah, your 236HP "truck" is a joke.

Also looks like they are now made in Texas, which is not a union plant.

Last edited by PokerMunkee; 01-26-2011 at 04:16 PM..

Old 01-26-2011, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Huh uh.

Looks like half of the 2007 Tacoma's were built in Mexico and the other half in the USA. Either way, you are supporting a company based in Japan. You are supporting a country, if they had their way, would have liked us speaking German. Thankfully, we had the bigger bomb.

Who the hell buys a truck with a V6? Oh yes, Toyota idiots.
You may want to go back to school and learn that we dropped the bombs on Japan and how does that tie into speaking German.
Millions of folks all over this country drive V6's in vehicles of all kinds of vehicles like Jeeps, what does that have to do with the MIL and the TPS of my OP? Nothing, so either stay on the topic of the thread or don't reply, this isn't MySpace you know, you can't pirate a thread just for your on agenda.

Back on topic

Old 01-26-2011, 04:21 PM

Rednecks don't use purple font either.

lol

I love this guy.

Old 01-26-2011, 04:26 PM

And what do you know about RedNeck or who they are acually are or were anyway? Obviously nothing.
And it's called Indigo, not purple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion