Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 03:13 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,746,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Good for you for being AWAKE!!!

Yes these body scanners ARE NO GOOD!!!!!

This new "Procedure" is intended to embarrass people enough so they give in and take the FULL BODY SCAN!
PREEEE-cisely.

I'm shocked that people do not *get* this. This is not about alternative screenings. This is about basic rights being taken away by leaps and bounds.

Our forefathers would be shamed and disgusted to hear the vox populi crying, "Anything for safety! We'll do anything - just keep us safe!"

Just shameful.

The Republic was born of blood, sweat and tears - literally. And now we're throwing it all away with both hands. I have a right to travel from state to state without being frisked like a felon. The TSA's methods are not doing anything to keep us safe. And think about this: While you're put through a machine that bathes you in ionizing radiation, the cargo in the belly of the plane has had little or NO screening or searching.

Rather than start on full-body cavity searches, maybe we should start looking at the tons of material that sits just under our feet?

Rose
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2010, 09:02 PM

13,811 posts, read 27,457,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosemaryT View Post
PREEEE-cisely.

I'm shocked that people do not *get* this. This is not about alternative screenings. This is about basic rights being taken away by leaps and bounds.

Our forefathers would be shamed and disgusted to hear the vox populi crying, "Anything for safety! We'll do anything - just keep us safe!"

Just shameful.

The Republic was born of blood, sweat and tears - literally. And now we're throwing it all away with both hands. I have a right to travel from state to state without being frisked like a felon. The TSA's methods are not doing anything to keep us safe. And think about this: While you're put through a machine that bathes you in ionizing radiation, the cargo in the belly of the plane has had little or NO screening or searching.

Rather than start on full-body cavity searches, maybe we should start looking at the tons of material that sits just under our feet?

Rose
That's just flat out wrong. Any cargo on passenger planes is required to be screened.

Also what right specifically are you referring to that is being violated? Just curious. You can still travel from state to state without being frisked - you just can't do it on an airplane.

Old 11-04-2010, 09:38 AM

3,644 posts, read 6,306,964 times
Yahoo has another article on it here (http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Opt-Out-of-a-Body-Scan-Then-nytimes-3016411705.html?x=0 - broken link).

They eventually plan to replace all the metal detectors with these stripsearch machines. I wonder if it will still be optional then. Step one: get people used to it with an opt-out option. Step 2: make it mandatory.

Old 11-04-2010, 03:34 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,850,298 times
Step 3: STOP FLYING RESULTING IN THEM GOING INSANE!!

Old 11-04-2010, 08:10 PM

363 posts, read 1,043,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoWeb View Post
Airline passengers can expect to see as well as feel new pat-down procedures at U.S. airports over the coming weeks. A new invasive "pat down" procedure goes into effect Friday. The new procedure will allow TSA agents to use the front of their hands to search the entire body of passengers, including the breast and genital areas.

New TSA Pat-Downs: New TSA Pat-Downs Like Groping, Passengers Say - wtvr (http://www.wtvr.com/news/wtvr-new-tsa-pat-down,0,6781223.story - broken link)
When I was in Denver last week, if you "opt out" of the x-ray, the more invasive pat down procedure is done.

Old 11-05-2010, 04:09 PM

They are just angry THEY CANT BE LAZY AND HAVE TO ACTUALLY WORK!!

Old 11-05-2010, 05:04 PM

2,957 posts, read 12,729,335 times
Dear Dude111,

STOP YELLING AT US!! WE GET YOUR POINT!!

KINDLY RESTRICT YOUR USE OF THE ALLCAP KEY AS YOU DEAFENING US!!

Regards,
azoria

(P.S. You may also want to limit your access to the exclamation mark!!)

Old 11-06-2010, 07:19 AM

1,492 posts, read 7,715,495 times
I always opt out. Once they begin making it mandatory for the backscatter machines...I will no longer fly.

Old 11-06-2010, 03:54 PM

2,287 posts, read 2,588,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsup View Post
That's just flat out wrong. Any cargo on passenger planes is required to be screened.

Also what right specifically are you referring to that is being violated? Just curious. You can still travel from state to state without being frisked - you just can't do it on an airplane.
Domestic Cargo is screened, international cargo is not. DHS has a timeline to have foreign cargo screened 100% by 2014 - until then it is hit and miss. Who is more likely to send a bomb on a plane? Someone from Topeka, KS or someone from Saudi Arabia?

The right that is being violated is the 4th amendment, unreasonable search and seizure. Why do I have to be searched as if I am a criminal before I am allowed to fly?

Also the line you can travel by alternate means just doesn't cut it - the TSA has taken their security theatre to the highways in Georgia, to Amtrak and to buses and subways. Their willingness to violate the constitution and yours and my rights knows no bounds.

Old 11-07-2010, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoria
Dear Dude111,

STOP YELLING AT US!! WE GET YOUR POINT!!

KINDLY RESTRICT YOUR USE OF THE ALLCAP KEY AS YOU DEAFENING US!!
Im very sorry,i guess i dont consider CAPS to be yelling.. (I use caps so the words stand out more)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel