Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 02:24 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,295,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightAttendant View Post
I actually laughed when I read how some of you say..go ahead..pat away!
Eh, I guess I don't have body issues like most Americans. Last time I flew, I was pulled aside and patted down to the point where I thought she might start making out with me. It was quite the intimate experience! Doesn't bother me one bit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2010, 02:34 PM

3,484 posts, read 9,425,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plainsman48 View Post
I flew yesterday - the machines are brand new and the dosimeter I carried, barely budged! SO for the naysayers out there - you'll get more radiation at the dentist's office than you will at the airport.
I go to the dentist's office twice a year and only get xrays there every few years. I fly multiple times weekly. Thanks but no thanks on the extra radiation. The casual once a year traveler probably doesn't give a rat's behind but I know other frequent fliers like myself are concerned.

Old 11-10-2010, 02:35 PM

3,644 posts, read 6,308,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mels View Post
Having declined the body scanner, as I don't trust the constant radiation or the pervy TSA employees not to save/send images, I have been "patted down." This is a full-on touch your crotch and the crack of your behind kind of pat down. Not for the easily offended. However, let's just say in the frequent traveler world those scanners are being called d**k measuring machines because, really? Have you seen the images it produces??

There is a "national opt-out day" being called for among travelers on November 24 (day before T-giving). My fear of that is it will slow down the TSA lines considerably for holiday travelers. National Opt-Out Day
This is a great idea. We need to raise awareness among the flying public that they have the option to opt-out of these machines. Many people don't know they have the option.
As far as slowing things down, at least we don't have to worry about missing our flights because the pilots will be stuck in line right behind us since they have to go through the same stupid 'security' procedure.

Old 11-10-2010, 08:24 PM

Old 11-10-2010, 09:36 PM

2,957 posts, read 12,732,582 times
^^^
yeowza

Old 11-10-2010, 10:57 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,382,713 times
I only hope in 20 years we will look back at this as some awful phase. I hope they will come up with better procedures that don't dehumanize people the way the TSA is doing now.
The terrorists must be laughing their asses off at the chaos they have created at our airports. Mission accomplished.

Old 11-11-2010, 12:48 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,939,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
I only hope in 20 years we will look back at this as some awful phase. I hope they will come up with better procedures that don't dehumanize people the way the TSA is doing now.
The terrorists must be laughing their asses off at the chaos they have created at our airports. Mission accomplished.
Problem is, if people go along with this, it will only get worse and will prove to not simply be a phase at all.

Old 11-11-2010, 04:13 AM

363 posts, read 1,043,854 times
My solution for screeners when they needed them was too simple - hire off duty and recently retired NYC, CHI, LAX, PHL, DEN, MIA, ATL cops. At least they know what a weapon looks like and they know how to properly frisk a person. Not the Wackenhut and certainly not the Andy Frain wannabees given 40 hrs of training to spill the coffee on the machines.

At least in the smaller towns they had deputies at the gateway, which was more of an assurance.

Old 11-11-2010, 03:41 PM

3,644 posts, read 6,308,993 times
Check out these shirts that protest TSA's groping. Michelle Malkin » TSA: Touching sensitive areas

Old 11-11-2010, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
Check out these shirts that protest TSA's groping. Michelle Malkin » TSA: Touching sensitive areas
Ooh, I love these! Do you think if I wore only these, some boots and a t-shirt they'd still try to grope me?

http://michellemalkin.cachefly.net/michellemalkin.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/ZZ3C9A979B.jpg (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel