Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2018, 09:52 PM

37,105 posts, read 41,267,704 times

Advertisements

OP either changed his flight, made it, or did not. It was in 2012.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2018, 07:24 AM

2,218 posts, read 4,371,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
That's tight in my opinion. Arrival time means wheel down, not at the gate. Taxiing can add 10 minutes, and if your seat is at the back of the plane and you are one of the last off, that adds another 10 minutes. It's about five minutes quick paced walk from D-11 to the underground train station (you can't "walk" between terminals at ATL).
Yes you can! You can walk all the way from T to F if you want. There are also moving walkways to make it that much quicker. Between two adjacent buildings (like C and D) sometimes walking will be faster than the train.

Old 08-19-2018, 07:40 AM

9,317 posts, read 21,004,968 times
Technically you can not walk (easily) between the terminals. (Unless you are inside the secure zone)

The Terminals are the "Domestic" North & South Terminal (William B. Hartsfield)
and the "International" Terminal (Maynard H. Jackson Jr.) are 8 miles apart and there is a free shuttle bus that run along the airport perimeter road that interconnects them.

The Concourses are interconnected via a walkway and the PlaneTrain.

Old 08-19-2018, 01:58 PM

3,649 posts, read 4,501,268 times
We had a 50 minute layover with Delta last Thursday and it was a bit nerveracking, but they had just started boarding by the time we got from Terminal A to E using the tram. 36 minutes is really pushing it though...

Edit: Didn't realize the age if the thread, but whatever.

Old 08-19-2018, 05:08 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,839,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billl View Post
Yes you can! You can walk all the way from T to F if you want. There are also moving walkways to make it that much quicker. Between two adjacent buildings (like C and D) sometimes walking will be faster than the train.
T to E is pretty much one single long hallway. To encourage people to walk between flights (good for circulation and helps prevent DVT blood clots) there are some nice displays including sculpture from Zimbabwe between T and A, the rainforest art installment between A and B, and the smug but it-grows-on-you History of Atlanta photo and multimedia display between B and C. You have to go aboveground to get from E to F- once at ground level, walk in the direction of F Concourse and, like Harry Potter's Platform 9 3/4, the stairs to get you back down to the tunnel to F will suddenly appear when you get close. (Okay, I think they've finally put up a sign or two for that tunnel after years of it being unmarked) Somewhere in the E to F transit there's also an interesting display of items seized by US Customs agents.

Yes, I've changed planes in ATL a fair amount in recent years....

Old 08-20-2018, 09:42 AM

2,218 posts, read 4,371,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
To encourage people to walk between flights (good for circulation and helps prevent DVT blood clots) there are some nice displays including sculpture from Zimbabwe between T and A
If I'm by myself and not in a hurry, I sometimes do the walk from T to A on my way to the flight. Because I'm about to be sealed in a tube and strapped to a seat for two hours and I want to get some exercise in first. I've enjoyed the Zimbabwe display many times.

Old 08-20-2018, 09:47 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,378,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by connorg View Post
I'm looking at booking a flight from Augusta, GA to Chicago with a connecting flight in Atlanta. Both flights are operated by Delta and I plan on purchasing the flight through Delta's website. My only issue is the layover time of 36 mins. Under normal flying conditions, should I be fine in making my flight to Chicago? Just a little info, I will be flying alone, and since I'm only going for a few days, I will not be checking any baggage. I've also connected in ATL once before going to Dallas, so I'm somewhat familiar with moving from one terminal to another if I need to. I'm not too familiar with the process if you miss your connection though. I've always made mine, but wait times have also always been longer. Obviously I would go straight to the gate for my next flight. I have no reason to shop or getting anything to eat while in Atlanta, but what if there is a delay on Delta's part? Would it be their responsibility to get me to Chicago? I know it's probably just as simple as talking to customer service desk if I miss my connection, but like I said I'm not too familiar with the process and I've heard horror stories about getting around Hartsfield, even though my one experience was fine. Thanks for the help.
This seems short but it depends. Some airports can handle it. I had a 30 minute layover @ Helsinki. I was nervous about it but that airport is super tiny and efficient. I made my flight.

I don't think necessarily that just b/c a flight has a short minute layover that they can always accommodate it. I would try & get a longer layover or fly direct if possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel