Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 03:20 PM

2,325 posts, read 2,653,455 times

Advertisements

DFW. Easy and fast to get from gate to gate, even if in different terminals. Variety of good food options. Modern and clean. Very user friendly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2013, 11:14 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,605,078 times
The one with a Cinnabon

Old 02-22-2013, 11:19 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,605,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnhw2 View Post
Some Airports seem built for the locals and others are built for visitors while others are built to NOT be flown through, with a plane change.

Best for locals is DFW and Houston
Best for visitors is Reagan
Best NOT to fly through is DFW and Miami and Atlanta Hartsfield along with O'hare
Worst for visitors is Denver, extremely confusing to drop someone off to. Both hard to find, recall toll roads without clear indications of how they work for visitors and the way to the departing curb side took me through a garage which didnt seem right but it was.
IDK Reagan was a mess last time I was there. The layover was really long, and there was nothing to do. It was so crowded... I could never go there again and be fine. Thankfully it had a Cinnabon.

Old 02-22-2013, 11:46 PM

8,452 posts, read 15,050,766 times
I like Burbank Airport (now officially Bob Hope, but nobody calls it that).

It's 80 years old, "modernized" in WWII. Kind of Art Deco looking. Very old Hollywood. You still get to walk out onto the tarmac and climb the movable staircase into the plane. The planes are not the behemoth style, and the baggage area is human sized with little waiting. There is almost a complete lack of advertising because there is nothing there to buy. The airport staff treats you like a human because the scale is small and friendly. And, it's in town. You can even park around it on the streets if you don't mind a walk before your flight.

Old 02-23-2013, 04:15 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,081,790 times
I've only been to LAX and JFK. LAX was definitely underwhelming - I expected my entrance to America to be grander, but LAX pales in comparison to world class airports around the world. JFK is decent but nothing to write home about.

Old 02-23-2013, 04:55 AM

30,357 posts, read 51,964,073 times
Las Vegas... you can drink, gamble, smoke (unless that's changed recently), and shop. What's not to like? It's the only airport where I actually go "yes!" when they announce a flight delay.

I also like Boston-Logan & DFW for the shopping, and SFO just because it's the one I know best.

Old 02-23-2013, 08:35 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,067,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyyo View Post
Las Vegas' airport is huge and really interesting to walk around
I hate the constant bombardment of the slots. They add 30% to the already high volume in the airport.

Old 02-23-2013, 08:42 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,067,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
IDK Reagan was a mess last time I was there. The layover was really long, and there was nothing to do. It was so crowded... I could never go there again and be fine. Thankfully it had a Cinnabon.
Reagan is a mess. Getting from one terminal to another means either leaving the sterile concourse and having to go through security again, or hauling your carry on up and down (often icy) steps and on and off a shuttle that drives you 40 feet.

The best airport in the US? I think I'm going to give a nod to TF Green in Providence/Warwick. It's big enough that there are actually several restaurants (including a Wolfgang Puck), it's clean, friendly, and small enough that things move along pretty quickly. It's clean, fairly new, and fresh. It's easily accessible by mass transit, and there is an enclosed sky way to get from the terminal to the rental car garage so you don't freeze in the bad weather.

Indianapolis is another good airport, lot's of food choices and seldom lines for anything. They are also well served by IndyGo. You can either take the regular transit bus or the $7 shuttle with door-to-door service to the downtown hotels.

Old 02-23-2013, 10:31 AM

15,318 posts, read 17,229,581 times
Toss up between Detroit and Seattle. Both very nice airports.

Old 02-24-2013, 08:51 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,950,377 times
Philly's is one of the better ones.

For several years it was ranked #1 by J. D. Powers & Associates in overall satisfactoriness.

And they don't let you forget it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel