Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 08:46 AM

2,120 posts, read 1,789,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
Not on airplanes, thank god!
I'm sure these passengers wished that was true British Airways flight grounded after ‘smelly poo in the toilet’ overwhelms passengers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2015, 09:14 AM

2,913 posts, read 2,442,533 times
Domestic flights of a few hours or less I don't mind too much. For long haul flights I go for an aisle.

Old 04-14-2015, 09:15 AM

950 posts, read 923,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyonpa View Post
Short Flights Window

Long Flight Aisle

No flights Middle.....

bingo !

Old 04-14-2015, 11:24 AM

7,829 posts, read 11,782,993 times
the downside of an aisle seat is that you have to constantly get up to let the other 2 people off which can get annoying after a while. I discovered that I would rather sleep in peace when I can and then I can bother/wake up the other people when I have to go anyway, who cares... it is what it is, so window wins

Old 04-14-2015, 11:34 AM

1,242 posts, read 1,689,147 times
Window seat for every flight. I sleep better, have more room and enjoy a great view. I just make sure to hit the restroom before boarding.

Old 04-14-2015, 12:02 PM

15,793 posts, read 20,478,579 times
I've only done domestic flights, and usually with a layover, so a 3hr flight is typical for me.

Window seat all the way. Usually with a 3hr flight, I do not need to get up. So I can get cozy, watch the scenery out the window and not have to get up for anyone. I even pick the side of the plane opposite of the sun so that I can leave my shade open without getting blasted by sunlight and annoying everyone in the cabin.

I've done a few 6 hr cross country flights and still gone window seat. usually I only need to get up once for these flights.

Not sure i'd like an aisle seat. Sure having easy access is nice, but I like to see what's going on outside the plane, especially if we are banking trying to line up for approach. I hate not knowing what is going on so I like to control the window.

Few times I've gotten lucky and had the ENTIRE row to myself.

Old 04-14-2015, 12:29 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,294,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
I cannot stand when I'm seated next to creeps like that, ugh. It's enough to make my stomach turn and be like "do u effing mind?" like "can u seriously not stare at me, creep?"..."you're starting to pissss me off"...

sorry not sorry but I have zero patience for annoying jerks on planes. It's bad enough that your mere presence sickens me, now u have to use the bathroom every half hour?

Of course the individual would not have enough foresight to schedule himself an aisle seat...because u know... that would require him to do something...no, he'd rather drive you insane the whole flight.
Well.... he could have been having an issue worse than his bladder (if you know what I mean). Getting hit suddenly with "the trots" can happen to anybody at a bad time like this. It's something that we all don't think to take into consideration, although yes - constantly having people's butts pass your face as they go back and forth is understandably very annoying.

Old 04-14-2015, 12:35 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,826,007 times
Aisle- I've spent too much time over the years on wee regional jets and turbo props where the window seat has less space than even a middle seat would.

Old 04-14-2015, 12:37 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,832,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
You think people don't poop on airplanes? LOL
Read it. Understand it. "Everybody..."

Old 04-14-2015, 12:40 PM

1,596 posts, read 2,057,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
I cannot stand when I'm seated next to creeps like that, ugh. It's enough to make my stomach turn and be like "do u effing mind?" like "can u seriously not stare at me, creep?"..."you're starting to pissss me off"...

sorry not sorry but I have zero patience for annoying jerks on planes. It's bad enough that your mere presence sickens me, now u have to use the bathroom every half hour?

Of course the individual would not have enough foresight to schedule himself an aisle seat...because u know... that would require him to do something...no, he'd rather drive you insane the whole flight.
I've been flying since 1987ish and I can honestly say I've never sat next to someone who irked me so much.

I did fly with another strange guy to London a few years before Amsterdam flight. He was one of those people who must have been anti-social and would not have enjoyed sitting next to anyone. He did everything in his power to dismiss my existence, and I was fine with that. He didn't say a word to me, just mumbled something when he had to use the toilet. Again, another moron who should be a candidate for an aisle seat as you would never have to inform someone you need to use the bathroom.

As a female who travels by myself a lot, I know when a guy is trying to be TOO friendly. I'm trying to fly to my destination in peace, not become someone's flight soul mate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel