Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2015, 07:05 AM

176 posts, read 180,928 times

Advertisements

Window for me... but I can go 4+ hours without needing to use the restroom. Can't remember the last time I've ever even been in an airplane closet with a toilet. Even road trips are a blast with me... one stop to refill gas and use the restroom gets a 10 hour road trip done in 8 hours.

So having the window to look out and rest my head on is definitely more important. Also allows me to avoid getting bumped by people walking down the aisle or that horrible service cart. Not to mention, someone is probably going to be disturbed by someone else's restroom needs... might as well be someone other than myself Life's more fun when you don't worry about inconveniencing others! :P
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2015, 08:27 AM

1,584 posts, read 2,085,720 times
Aisle seat 100% no questions asked. I get major anxiety about flying. Not about the concept of the actual flight, but about the concept of having an anxiety attack and not being able to go anywhere. So maybe, aerial agoraphobia? Anyway because of that I'm one of those that has to drink a fair amount before and on flights so with an aisle seat A.) I can use the restroom whenever I need to and B.) I don't feel even more enclosed than I already am. Of course problem B is generally solved by the previous solution, but still....

Old 04-15-2015, 08:39 AM

55 posts, read 238,479 times
For all you with aisle seat preferences, I'm your perfect window seat traveler: I can sit for hours without getting up. I will wait for you to get up and take that opportunity to stretch my legs if needed. Finally I won't talk your ear off!

Old 04-15-2015, 11:20 AM

4,749 posts, read 4,324,858 times
Window

Too many people touch you when you're in the aisle. Mom with big baby bags that hit you

Old 04-15-2015, 11:21 AM

1,007 posts, read 1,126,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoosBall View Post
For all you with aisle seat preferences, I'm your perfect window seat traveler: I can sit for hours without getting up. I will wait for you to get up and take that opportunity to stretch my legs if needed. Finally I won't talk your ear off!
^^^ This is me too. I want to sleep and don't want to be bothered. Flying with me is like flying with a cat >^..^< On international flights, I stay up the night before so I can sleep 8-9 hours of the flight. I never get jet lag this way either.

My favorite seat for long flights are the first row window seats with more leg room to stretch out for my nap.

Old 04-15-2015, 11:34 AM

31,292 posts, read 20,753,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkmani View Post
Window

Too many people touch you when you're in the aisle. Mom with big baby bags that hit you
Me too. I always prefer a window seat, even in coach. People with backpacks don't realize how annoying they are as they bump their way down the aisle.

Also, I enjoy looking out the window at the earths beauty. Flying over the Andes was beautiful.

Old 04-15-2015, 03:33 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,452,721 times
Aisle seat on the right side of the plane. I have a bad left knee so it's much more comfortable, especially on long flights, to have the aisle to stretch it out in without having to disturb anyone.

Old 04-15-2015, 09:49 PM

1,409 posts, read 2,036,046 times
I used to always be a window seat person because I like to look out the window, but then I developed DVT (probably from a fall and not from flying) that did result in a pulmonary embolism. Since then I have been mostly an aisle seat person so I can get up easily from time to time, although more recently on flights less than three hours I have been taking a window seat sometimes.

Old 04-15-2015, 10:06 PM

4,666 posts, read 5,096,166 times
I am all about the back of the plane with a window seat.

Old 04-16-2015, 05:18 AM

1,596 posts, read 2,059,933 times
This is the main reason why I prefer the aisle - you never know who your seat mate is going to be, and the very reason why I got a weird feeling from the guy who sat next to me on my Amsterdam flight -

Victims Endure Sexual Assault at 32,000 Feet

https://gma.yahoo.com/victims-endure...opstories.html

I feel more in control sitting on the aisle, and have more power to smack someone up and have nearby witnesses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel