Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 05:58 PM

933 posts, read 1,478,687 times

Advertisements

I prefer the aisle. I admit, I use the bathroom a lot. And the last thing I want to do is to be pinned to the window and have to ask strangers and/or sleeping people to get up twice (going and returning from bathroom) so I can use the restroom. I would feel like I had to hold it in the entire flight and that's no fun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2015, 06:17 PM

2,218 posts, read 3,454,810 times
I am a window lover. The view is spectacular and I can sleep better if I can lean against the wall.

Also, I have witnessed bags/backpacks fall out of overheads on to people's heads when they are opened. People are NOT careful and they over fill the bins. At least in a window seat you are safer.

Old 04-14-2015, 06:45 PM

1,850 posts, read 3,017,872 times
Excellent question. I like to look out the window as the plan takes off and as it lands as well as when we are in the sky but I also like the aisle seat because I can stick my legs slightly in the aisle. ( I have longer legs).

Old 04-14-2015, 06:46 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,358,419 times
I always book the aisle for myself and DH likes the window. Can cause some problems when traveling.

Old 04-14-2015, 07:56 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,332,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyonpa View Post
Short Flights Window

Long Flight Aisle

No flights Middle.....
Sounds good to me!

Old 04-14-2015, 08:54 PM

4,210 posts, read 4,462,073 times
I prefer window. Ideally in an exit row so you have best of both worlds (which I often got in my high frequency work travel days).Over time, I found the window seat a better experience than aisle due to - not just fellow row passengers, but the crew, service carts and other passengers passing which made stretching my legs (I'm 6'2) more of a hassle than it's worth.
Crew Nazis telling me my bag had to be 'under' the seat in front of me, when it is more comfortable and I get better leg room by putting it under my legs snug against the lower seat front.

Between getting bumped / jostled (feet, leg, shoulder, arm, head), by careless people carrying bags or trying to get something from overhead bins, I'd just as soon hibernate most of the trip in solace with an occasional get up and stretch / bathroom break, usually timed to coincide when fellow row passenger(s) are returning / to minimize the inconvenience to them.

Old 04-14-2015, 09:13 PM

37,626 posts, read 46,026,601 times
Window. Always.

Old 04-14-2015, 09:43 PM

3,804 posts, read 6,175,515 times
Aisle. Preferably with no one next to me.

Old 04-15-2015, 12:59 AM

367 posts, read 697,503 times
I like the aisle seat because I don't want to bother someone to get out so I can go to the bathroom.

Old 04-15-2015, 04:06 AM

756 posts, read 834,651 times
Question Where's The Poll?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MItoBH View Post
I'm 90% in favor of an aisle seat on flights longer than five hours - which are my overseas trips. I prefer it because these tend to be overnight, and for my personal reasons, I would prefer to be able to leave my seat ASAP without bothering someone trying to sleep, or step away from them for a breather. For instance, on my overnight flight from Detroit to Amsterdam, I had the aisle. Low and behold, my theory of why I prefer that seat came true. There was a strange guy sitting next to me who insisted on trying to talk to me. He was not attractive, and he gave me the heebie jeebies, but not enough to alarm a flight attendant. In my peripheral vision, he was looking at me every so often (like, WTF?) I would have been VERY uncomfortable being blocked in by this fool if I had his window seat. I was wearing my noise canceling headphones which are a life saver - but the fool had a weak bladder and used the bathroom countless times. I may have had to resort to violence or screamed at him by the attention he was trying to get from me. I was prepare to go Kill Bill on him at any moment, but it didn't come to that. I'm a petite female, and sitting next to other small/normal size people who mind their own business is my preference - but, we don't get to pick and choose who we sit next to (I wish we could).

For short domestic flights were I don't need to use the toilet or take a nap, I am happy looking out the window while reading a book.
I Want A Poll.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel