Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2018, 09:22 AM

27,194 posts, read 13,482,880 times

Advertisements

In the UK, McDonalds has for the past decade, had a 'Great Tastes of America' burger range with constanty chaging burger representing the different states of the US.

Great Tastes of America returns to McDonald's UK :: McDonalds.co.uk

In recent years McDonalds UK also launched a 'Great Tastes of the World' range which also has different changing burgers based on different countries across the world.

Great Tastes of the World | McDonald's UK

The French Fries taste different in the UK, as there are a lot less added ingredients.

You can also get a bacon roll for breakfast and there are other notable differences.

KFC in the UK is also very different, with no masked potato or biscuit and an emphasis on burgers, whilst KFC serve fries in the UK.

Last edited by Brave New World; 12-24-2018 at 10:11 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2018, 10:35 AM

6,191 posts, read 7,361,153 times
When overseas, we might pop into a chain just to try the thing they do not have in America. Why not? What's the big deal about one meal? It could still technically be local cuisine. We might even try a chain that isn't in America.

Otherwise, we eat at local places.

Old 12-24-2018, 01:44 PM

24,125 posts, read 32,498,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBNCHI View Post
When overseas, this would be the last thing I would do.
THIS^^^^. That has to be the absolute last thing that I care about when visiting a foreign country.

Old 12-24-2018, 03:35 PM

815 posts, read 737,351 times
The veggie Big Mac in India was quite tasty. And I loved the seasoning packets they sell with the fries there.

Old 12-24-2018, 05:21 PM

12,722 posts, read 7,582,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city living View Post
We might even try a chain that isn't in America.
Pollo Campero!

Or to save a few quetzales instead go to their cheaper take-out only sister chain, Pollo Granjero.

Old 12-24-2018, 06:48 PM

7,448 posts, read 7,593,446 times
The last thing I want overseas is American fast food. I always look for local places. And I've been to about 45 different countries. I remember one time in Germany I had a counterpart that had a rental car. It was lunchtime and he suggested going to Burger King, which totally disgusted me. Let me show you the little hut in the woods, I told him, which was much closer. He was absolutely amazed and thanked me for steering him that way. Delicious German food and beer. I'm not wasting my time eating crap food.

Old 12-24-2018, 07:35 PM

30,649 posts, read 18,249,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city living View Post
When overseas, we might pop into a chain just to try the thing they do not have in America. Why not? What's the big deal about one meal? It could still technically be local cuisine. We might even try a chain that isn't in America.

Otherwise, we eat at local places.
I did that when I was traveling through India. I ate at a local Indian burger joint (don't know if it was a chain or not). The food was pretty decent but I and my group became deathly Ill after eating at this place It seems that a lot of the foodborne illnesses you get in India has to die with personal sanitary issues among cook and serving staff. I was shocked beyond shocked at how many bathrooms in India lacked toilet paper and soap. Many cooks anc restaurant staff would use these bathrooms, dirty up their hands, and then go back to cooking and serving food. On the whole, though, I was in culinary heaven while in India

Old 12-24-2018, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
Pollo Campero!

Or to save a few quetzales instead go to their cheaper take-out only sister chain, Pollo Granjero.
I'd eat there. I have a particular fascination with trying fried chicken from different cultures, etc. There is a Korean fried chicken joint near me in Honolulu where the chicken is simply to die fof!

I also don't mind jollibee, a Filipino fried chicken joint.

Old 12-24-2018, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Taco64 View Post
The veggie Big Mac in India was quite tasty. And I loved the seasoning packets they sell with the fries there.
I recall that McDonald's in India also had Tex-Mex items. I was curious to try, but after three weeks of traveling throughout India I opted for an actual taste from home and got a fillet o fish

Old 12-24-2018, 07:47 PM

Currently traveling to the Philippines for work and am interested to try the McDo (fried chicken dish) at McDonald's: https://adobomagazine.com/press-rele...cken-mcdo-here
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel