Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2019, 06:33 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 4 days ago)

27,185 posts, read 13,469,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southkakkatlantan View Post
I’ve suddenly become very interested in traveling here. I passed through once for only 24 hours. Visited London Bridge and Borough Market during a December trip.

May do a 1-2 week trip there. Prefer to travel in the fall but might be open to going next spring.

So what do you love about it? What did you not like so much? What time of year have you been? Favorite things to do? Experiences with the locals?

Love to hear about any/everything you’ve experienced there.
Time Out London is usually a good source of information in terms of events and places to visit.

Events, Attractions & What's on in London - Time Out London

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2019, 07:21 AM

150 posts, read 143,343 times
London is very expensive, no doubt, but most museums are free (donations suggested). Read the various travel forums and you can learn about discounts (2-4-1 is a great one). Hotels are plentiful and in many price ranges. We have a flat rental planned for our next visit which saves $ and provides a more neighborhood feel with local restaurants, pubs, groceries, etc.

I love that there is so much to do and see and London’s top notch public transport puts it all in reach. History, art, culture, architecture, gardens, food. It’s the total package for me.

Old 10-21-2019, 05:06 PM

23,544 posts, read 24,041,250 times
Unfortunately, I’ve never been to India (on my list though, to visit a former colleague who now went back home to Delhi). Yes, London has some of the best Indian food I’ve ever tasted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
I've found the Indian food in London the best in the world. And I've been to India 8 times.

Old 10-22-2019, 04:18 AM

5,869 posts, read 4,211,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southkakkatlantan View Post
Visited London Bridge
That wasn't London. You were in Lake Havasu City, Arizona. Tell your travel agent you want a refund.

Old 10-22-2019, 05:36 AM

130,339 posts, read 12,112,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
That wasn't London. You were in Lake Havasu City, Arizona. Tell your travel agent you want a refund.
There is more than one London Bridge
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_Bridge

Old 10-22-2019, 06:35 AM

16,421 posts, read 12,515,078 times
I have a feeling southkakk meant Tower Bridge. London Bridge isn't much to visit.

Old 10-23-2019, 11:58 AM

1,584 posts, read 982,203 times
You can easily spend a week and not experience all the fine attractions in London. Never mind day trips.

Would recommend doing some research on your own at travel sites such as Fodor's, or opening up some good travel books. I don't provide suggestions unless folks have already put up some research to tweak -- for starters, everyone's idea of an ideal trip is very different, and I don't like to presume.

Old 10-23-2019, 12:17 PM

7,132 posts, read 4,769,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bachslunch View Post
everyone's idea of an ideal trip is very different, and I don't like to presume.
OP did invite us to tell him/her all about London, so presuming is OK apparently.

Old 10-23-2019, 12:18 PM

4,361 posts, read 7,077,634 times
Everything you could possibly want to know about London is on the link below, including over 6 million visitors' reviews and opinions of each popular tourist sight, hotel, and restaurant there.

https://www.tripadvisor.com

Old 10-23-2019, 01:47 PM

1,847 posts, read 3,728,289 times
Just went this summer, after previously living there 20 years go. you can't go wrong just goggling London and following a sample itinerary posted on tripadvisor or other sites. Let someone else map out your plan. As the internet didn't exist when we used to live there, this time around it was so easy. What we do in every city we visit is at least one very private tour. This is really useful in learning the ins and outs of things. There are many offered. Another great free suggestion is to find out about picture taking tours, look up their itinerary and then duplicate...for free. Excellent way to get off the beaten path to capture great photos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel