Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2009, 02:33 PM

348 posts, read 1,360,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry251 View Post
Yeah, food in a confined space is not nice..

but as for the breastfeeding. yes it's natural...however, peeing and defecating are natural too. Do I plop down in the middle of a plane and drop one? No, I do not!
That has got to be one of the most discusting posts!

You don't have to look at someone breastfeeding if it bothers you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2009, 02:42 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
Come on people - chill out.

My "pet peeve" is the passenger behind me who keeps kicking the seat back.

Old 04-15-2009, 08:13 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,409,746 times
Quote:
but as for the breastfeeding. yes it's natural...however, peeing and defecating are natural too. Do I plop down in the middle of a plane and drop one? No, I do not!

The minute I can whip out a certain part of my anatomy, feed a newborn through that and have it be both healthy and comparable to the example you've tried using..

A woman breastfeeding in public may not be my bag either, but that's a fairly lousy example you're using.

Old 04-15-2009, 09:36 PM

515 posts, read 1,330,561 times
I don't think it is, when using the argument that both are natural...

Ok, the gist is, I think breastfeeding is disgusting. I don't want to see it and I think it should be kept private. I think too many mothers are too selfish to realize that people DO NOT want to see it in a food court, etc.

I don't care if a mother does it on a plane under a blanket, but don't whip it out like a freaking squirt gun for all to see.

Old 04-15-2009, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
The minute I can whip out a certain part of my anatomy, feed a newborn through that and have it be both healthy and comparable to the example you've tried using..

A woman breastfeeding in public may not be my bag either, but that's a fairly lousy example you're using.

Passing wind is natural and healthy as well, but we do not do that in public (thank goodness )

Old 04-15-2009, 11:37 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,226,281 times
such weak arguements as there is really no similarity

you keep mentioning things that either leave a potentially hazardous mess or create an offensive smell - both of which have some serious ramificiations when you are trapped in a metal tube thousands of feet in the air

Old 04-15-2009, 11:41 PM

So if there was a woman sitting next to you, showing her breast for all to see, you wouldn't have a problem?

Sorry, but I like privacy, and I think it's gross when a person shows her nude self to other unwilling people.

Call me a prude, or call me a person who misses the lack of shame that flying used to have.

Or how about...no babies on planes at all? That would be best.

Old 04-16-2009, 06:22 AM

1,851 posts, read 2,154,109 times
Quote:
So if there was a woman sitting next to you, showing her breast for all to see, you wouldn't have a problem?
No. Never have.

I don't perceive the human body as disgusting or something to be ashamed of. I've sat right next to strangers breast-feeding their baby and you know what I do? In a display of respect, I don't stare or keep looking at her, while she feeds her child. I look the other way or read. It doesn't bother me, but I don't want the woman to feel uncomfortable by me looking at her all the time.

And public bathrooms are disgusting and dangerous. They are full of bacteria, germs....viruses and god only knows what. Bringing a baby into that kind of environment for feeding; is not a healthy prospect. And it's not fair to the baby. And it's outrageous to force that kind of situation on a baby and her mother, simply for the purpose of appeasing the neurotic whims of others.

Quote:
Sorry, but I like privacy, and I think it's gross when a person shows her nude self to other unwilling people.
Well, that explains it all. If you think the human body is gross, that's really your issue. Not the woman who's providing her child the best and most natural form of nutrient. You're the one that has mental issue with it.

I have a fear of heights, but you don't see me demanding they cease building tall structures.

No offense, but it comes off so selfish and self-absorbed that you can't "tolerate" and "endure " the torturous " horrors " of an exposed breast, for the purpose of feeding a child. Oh dear me, how horrific.

Quote:
Call me a prude, or call me a person who misses the lack of shame that flying used to have.
There was an element of shame attached to flying? When was this? And why were people ashamed to fly?

Quote:

Or how about...no babies on planes at all? That would be best.
Some people think inter-racial couples are gross. So should we ban inter-racial couples from flying?

Some people think guys with long hair are gross? Should we ban long-haired guys from flying, so everyone could feel all cozy and comfortable about themselves?

Some people think senior citizens are gross. Should we ban senior citizens from flying?

Bottom line here is this.

Breast-feeding is not even remotely similar or even mildly related to defecation and urination.

Breast milk and breasts present no biological threat to you or anyone else. Nor do breasts or breast milk present an overwhelming, disgusting foul odor.

It is the best form of nutrient for babies.

You know, there's some things in life that are of a higher priority than some individual's own neurotic issues. And a baby getting the best nutrient possible and safety.......is one of them.

A thicker skin and a higer form of respect for others....is suggested.

Old 04-16-2009, 07:08 AM

I don't care if a baby is getting nutrition. I don't like babies, don't give a whim about them.

I hate children and would prefer to not see them fly at all.

And No. I totally disagree with your liberal attitute. People used to perceive flying as a treat and not a chore. Now anyone is content to do ANYTHING on the plane and there are just no limitations.

If I saw a woman next to me, breastfeeding with no blanket, I wouldn't stare, because I would be so disgusted.

Old 04-16-2009, 07:09 AM

1,049 posts, read 3,791,337 times
Well I have a question. As I said, I have no problem seeing women breastfeeding, but whipping out your boob is not the only way to give a baby breastmilk, is it? It doesn't seem that anyone is arguing that a mother's milk is good and healthy, but some people obviously have a problem with the method.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel