Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Anthony get the death penalty??
Yes...it's a given...fry 16 20.25%
Life in prison with no parole 50 63.29%
Other.... 13 16.46%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 07:47 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,596,839 times

Advertisements

It's been a long time coming but jury selection is currently being conducted. Trial to start next Monday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2011, 12:40 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,458,970 times
If she doesn't fry I'll be surprised.

What she did to her daughter is unconscionable.

Old 05-10-2011, 03:55 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,373,081 times
She should just plead it out, anything...insanity, or just take the offered deal. The fact that SHE continues to plead innocence is the problem for me...every story she tells unravels...and that she went out partying when her daughter was missing?! No way could any Mother explain that away enough for me to understand it...

If she at least took some responsibility...but she is so far into denial on this issue, she reminds me of Jeffrey McDonald..who still proclaims his innocence in jail to this day!
http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/TheL...ry?id=10648617

Last edited by jasper12; 05-10-2011 at 03:56 PM.. Reason: edit

Old 05-10-2011, 04:23 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,867,681 times
This has been a bizarre story from the get-go ie OJ Simpson....I, like others, have followed this very closely since the beginning. It is such a painful story to hear, but that must be greatly magnified for those close to the case....

I know we all hope Lady Justice will reign supreme for this little girl.

gbh

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
It's been a long time coming but jury selection is currently being conducted. Trial to start next Monday.

Old 05-10-2011, 06:53 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,596,839 times
As usual in high profile cases, it may take them longer than expected to find the correct jury. The general consensus seems to be that the defense wants young single guys who have never had children...whom I gather would find Casey attractive and throw out the sympathy card...kinda like how her own attorney Biaz (or is it biased) has reportedly been swept away by her feminine charm

She is so fussy and almost OCD looking in the way she rearranges and straightens her clothing in court...primp, primp, primp. Love the school marm look she has taken on. I guess her mom and dad haven't shown up yet to give her that favored clubware she likes to sport.

She was reported to have shed a tear in court for the first time ever on Monday because they think she is finally grasping the fate that awaits her. Either that or they are coaching her that she needs to appear to show emotion to avoid coming across as typically antisocial.

They are speculating already that she may take the stand in her own defense, because she is so proficient at lying.

Old 05-10-2011, 08:07 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,373,081 times
Interesting. She has never really seemed too upset to me about her child being dead, and her being in prison for murder. I would be a complete wreck, crying all the time, I would be a basketcase. I would not care about my hair, or how I dressed if one of my babies was dead. She seems a lot like that Mother who killed three of her own children, up in the Northwest.

I have always had a strange fascination with Mothers who kill, because I can't even begin to wrap my head around what is going on with them.

Yeah, don't load the jury box with normal Moms. That is for sure!

Hmmm...where are those 12 OJ jurors? Casey Anthony needs people like that?!

Think about it, a sequestered jury, for the length of the trial...where do you find people who could do that?

Old 05-10-2011, 08:18 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,492,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post

life in prison. by the time the appeals are completed if she isn't insane or dead she won't be much of a threat. 3 or 4 lifetime sentences? can you be sentenced to beyond a lifetime--yes, i think so.

==perv who ruined Jaycee Duggard's life--i forget how long past his lifetime his sentence is

--so many others--why waste the time to recall their names?

Old 05-11-2011, 09:33 AM

7,357 posts, read 11,765,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post

But if she comes across pitiful enough they'll give her a break.

Old 05-12-2011, 09:48 AM

297 posts, read 520,087 times
Do you think Casey's trial will get as much publicity as OJ Simpson's?

Old 05-12-2011, 05:35 PM

664 posts, read 1,028,194 times
I didn't see this thread and started a new one, sorry, Well it looks like Casey is ready to throw her parents under the bus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime