Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 04:14 PM

24,124 posts, read 32,498,125 times

Advertisements

Just give us your best educated guess and why you think it will take that long - or short.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2011, 04:19 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,097,080 times
Two days is my best guest after all they have one juror who has to leave for a cruise on Thursday . I dont think they will take that long but somehow I think there is going to be one hold out . I think most of the jurors already have their mind made up .

Old 07-04-2011, 04:25 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,767,070 times
I thought the verdict would come today, but for sure tomorrow...my guess

Old 07-04-2011, 04:29 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,377,352 times
I agree with Phonelady, there is a hold out. The longer the better for Casey. If there is a holdout, that will be interesting...mistrial? Wow!

The end of the week. But there are some people, once they have made up their mind...good thing I am not on that jury, I would b#*ch slap anyone who does not just let me go home!

Maybe someone has counter-transference issues with cops, or was molested as a child, and is putting her issues on Casey. Who knows?

I hope Casey is convicted, but we all know, "Not Guilty" is NOT the same thing as innocent.

Old 07-04-2011, 05:39 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,194,204 times
Tomorrow. 7/5/11.

But I've been wrong with all of my other predictions on this case so..... Don't bet the milk money.

Old 07-04-2011, 08:19 PM

288 posts, read 168,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Tomorrow. 7/5/11.

But I've been wrong with all of my other predictions on this case so..... Don't bet the milk money.
I remember seeing a post by you somewhere making the point that Charles Manson is not "normal" and he was involved in the murder of those people years ago. That's a good point. He certainly was/is NOT normal. lol

However, I think he already had a very long criminal history by the time he was caught for those murders. He has spent many years in prison as well.

I don't see Casey as "crazy." I see her as very damaged and clueless. I think she accidentally killed her little girl and then totally freaked out and tried to cover it up. THAT is the pattern I see in Casey when I look at the information which is out there about her life. When things she thinks are bad happen to her, she lies about them and it seems to make them go away for AWHILE. She doesn't seem malicious. She seems clueless. She doesn't seem to be able to follow through on things. She seems like a teenager, IMO. And she made such a huge royal mess of her attempt to cover up this thing! I think she was just trying to put off the inevitable. You know, that girl may have been a good fiction writer if she had any direction and focus!

I'll keep trying to find your post so I can answer the rest of it, if I didn't already.

Old 07-04-2011, 09:47 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,658,886 times
Casey unlike Manson would probably not be a threat to society...that said she deserves to spend the rest of her life behind bars.

Old 07-04-2011, 10:14 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,377,352 times
My Aunt would have been the perfect juror, for a defendent. Especially in this case. She was bi-racial, middle age, very Baptist, lower education, worked as a bus driver, her standard of "reasonable" would have been that everything would have to be crystal clear, like Casey would have had to have been caught red handed throwing Caylee in the ditch, other wise, there is no "proof". Yet, she was the same woman who would swear Jesus was the son of God, even though there is no "proof" of that.

Old 07-04-2011, 11:08 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,971,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgain View Post
I don't see Casey as "crazy." I see her as very damaged and clueless.
Please clarify your statement "I see her as very damaged." How? I understand the clueless.

Old 07-04-2011, 11:17 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,971,298 times
I think tomorrow will tell the tale. If the jury is quiet they are deliberating and maybe coming to some kind of agreement on the verdict.

If they start having questions and need to send a note out to Judge Perry about certain parts of the testimony or evidence then they are not agreeing on things. Or they could send a note out for clarification on the 26 pages of instructions and charges.

We may have a verdict tomorrow afternoon. If not it could be a long wait.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime