Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 10:35 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,628,787 times

Advertisements

I do not think she is guilty and I think additional DNA tests should be done. There are things that do not make sense about this case to me, though I haven't thought about it in a while. I wish her sentence would at least be commuted to life until further testing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2014, 12:56 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,529,453 times
I tend to think she's guilty but imo there's reasonable doubt.
The big issue is that local LE bungled the investigation and there were many problems with the trial. I'd like to see her get another trial, a fair one this time.

Old 03-03-2014, 01:18 PM

243 posts, read 509,668 times
I read that the jurors didnt get to see all the photos of her bruises.

Those bruises were pretty bad, could someone do that to themself?

and I agree Annie, I dont think she should be on death row.

Old 03-06-2014, 01:24 AM

2,661 posts, read 5,469,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duffy68 View Post
I read that the jurors didnt get to see all the photos of her bruises.

Those bruises were pretty bad, could someone do that to themself?

and I agree Annie, I dont think she should be on death row.
She is guilty. There was no evidence of an intruder and her story doesn't make sense. How did someone slaughter the two little boys with multiple stab wounds and yet she was left alive? There was overkill with the children. That scenario makes you wonder why? The killing of the children showed extreme anger towards them.

There are people that have went over the evidence with a fine tooth comb and no one that has properly looked at the evidence thinks she is innocent.

If her injuries were that serious she would have been taken immediately to hospital but she stayed and talked to investigators and only remained in hospital a couple of days. If her injuries were caused by an intruder she would not have got away that lightly especially in comparison to her two little boys who had multiple and deep mortal injuries.

All valuables were left including Darlie's purse and expensive jewellery near a bloody knife left on the kitchen counter. The scene was so bloody that experts said that it would be impossible to leave the scene without leaving a blood trail and yet no blood was found outside. The dog which barked at strangers didn't bark at the intruders.

There is lots of evidence against Darlie if anyone wants to read the Court Transcripts. Anyone that has read the Court Transcripts all agree to her being guilty.

Old 03-06-2014, 04:26 AM

1,373 posts, read 1,654,314 times
I have no doubt that she is guilty.

Old 03-06-2014, 12:52 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,628,787 times
I did read the court transcripts.

Old 03-06-2014, 05:11 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,274,604 times
Based on what I have seen, I am not convinced that she's guilty.

Old 03-06-2014, 10:48 PM

243 posts, read 509,668 times
Thanks everyone for your replies.

I think the evidence points at her being guilty, I mean she even mentioned she had picked up the knife on the 911 call.

but what motive? would someone really kill their children because they were broke?

Old 03-07-2014, 09:23 AM

2,661 posts, read 5,469,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duffy68 View Post
Thanks everyone for your replies.

I think the evidence points at her being guilty, I mean she even mentioned she had picked up the knife on the 911 call.

but what motive? would someone really kill their children because they were broke?
No not because they were broke. Parents are the biggest killers of children though and the reasons are complicated. Usually there are psychological factors involved. Darlie is a narcissist and she was also suffering postpartum depression. I think she resented those boys. She was a neat freak and the boys were always sent outside to play. I doubt she loves anyone but herself. The killing of the boys displayed a huge amount of anger and there was overkill. I'm not a psychologist but to me she didn't appear to like having the boys around as they were messy and a nuisance. She liked babies but not when they grew up and she couldn't control them.

Darlie's life was going a bit haywire with their financial situation. She liked the good life and money. I think she took out her anger and frustration on those boys.

Has anyone else got opinions?

Old 03-08-2014, 12:43 PM

973 posts, read 1,453,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie20 View Post
No not because they were broke. Parents are the biggest killers of children though and the reasons are complicated. Usually there are psychological factors involved. Darlie is a narcissist and she was also suffering postpartum depression. I think she resented those boys. She was a neat freak and the boys were always sent outside to play. I doubt she loves anyone but herself. The killing of the boys displayed a huge amount of anger and there was overkill. I'm not a psychologist but to me she didn't appear to like having the boys around as they were messy and a nuisance. She liked babies but not when they grew up and she couldn't control them.

Darlie's life was going a bit haywire with their financial situation. She liked the good life and money. I think she took out her anger and frustration on those boys.

Has anyone else got opinions?
I agree. People can go to some pretty extremes when stressed or they feel they're in a corner. Look at how many people commit suicide when they're in a financial bind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime