Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 10:50 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,016,074 times

Advertisements

Missing woman's body found 28 years later, behind false wall - CNN.com

Apparently, this guy killed his wife some 28 years ago, and stashed her body behind a fake wall he built into his house (he reported her missing to the police). He continued to live at the house until his death last year.

On the 'creep scale' this ranks very, very high. Not only for killing his wife (obviously), but then living in the house, knowing her body was decomposing behind that wall, for almost three decades.

There was once a dead rat in a wall of my house, and I did not rest until it was removed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2013, 11:18 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,519,093 times
I feel sure hers isn't the only body that has been buried in some way on the property where the spouse continued to live.

It is hard to fathom, though. I wonder if he killed her only after constructing the elaborate false wall and a plan for hiding her body there?

I cannot imagine why someone would not just divorce his/her spouse, though . . . nothing was mentioned about insurance money on the wife . . . ?

Sure seems he had everyone convinced his wife "walked off." I would like to see more about the case.

With so many cameras around today, I really doubt someone could get away with this same crime in 2013. Too many ways to track the spouse's movements.

Old 07-03-2013, 07:03 PM

260 posts, read 909,347 times
Teacher's body found behind false wall in her home - after 28 years | Hills News

They had a 25 yr old son who drowned 3 years earlier and he it sound like she was depressed and may have committed suicide. Police searched a river looking for her and he was made out to be the grieving husband. I could not find the same article but this one confirms the death of the son. I just found another article that makes more sense.
Woman whose remains found after 28 years remembered

Old 07-06-2013, 11:43 AM

32,944 posts, read 3,930,657 times
Creepy indeed. The house should be razed. Who would want to live there?

Old 07-06-2013, 11:53 AM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Usually in cases like that, the husband remains a suspect, no matter how innocent and grieving he plays.

Old 07-06-2013, 12:01 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,825,816 times
Worse than a creep..imagine having your morning coffee knowing that Marge was mummified on the other side of the wall. You would have to be the most evil SOB - and I hope this creep thought of his wife every single day while he lived...I am sure he had no peace..He was in fact the prisoner of a corpse. No one gets away with murder- they all pay one way or another..

The other day a man of about 70 was panhandling on the street...a miserable skinny beggar. Totally humiliated and down graded to being less than a stray dog. I gave him a couple of bucks after a short lecture...I see you have done some good things in your life and some very very bad things"

This miserable beggar looked like someone who was a career criminal and thug. He was a marked man. One one cheek below his eye he had a tattoo of two tear drops...on the other eye was a single tear drop...I assume these former badges of criminal honor came from the fact he had murdered three times. In the end he pays..groveling like a dog begging for scraps on the street...No one gets away with murder.

Old 07-06-2013, 12:06 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,097,080 times
There is a special place in hell for people like this so Im thinking he might be finding it very hot where he is right now ....

Old 07-06-2013, 12:20 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,108,088 times
I'm beginning to think more people get away with murder than we think. Even today some police just assume a run away or a cheating spouse just took off. It depends on the level of commitment and perseverance of law enforcement.

Old 07-07-2013, 10:46 AM

50,820 posts, read 36,527,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
I'm beginning to think more people get away with murder than we think. Even today some police just assume a run away or a cheating spouse just took off. It depends on the level of commitment and perseverance of law enforcement.
It seems that even when the cops are fairly sure it was murder, there is a very limited amount they can do without a body. Thinking of that A-hole (in Utah I believe but can't remember) who killed his wife and used as an alibi that he took his toddler sons camping in the middle of the night in a blizzard. Then later blew up his house with himself and the poor babies inside. I am sure the cops knew he did it and never stopped investigating, but without a body they had no proof.

Old 07-07-2013, 03:45 PM

745 posts, read 1,649,345 times
How did they know to look behind the wall.
It must have been well sealed to keep the odor from permeating the air and maybe alerting neighbors or delivery people, meter readers etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime