Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 10:51 AM

7,776 posts, read 12,451,918 times

Advertisements

I doubt it's the first time he's been an adulterer and won't be the last. I say that because if it were the first time, he would never have made it public.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2013, 12:34 PM

10,051 posts, read 18,093,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faeryedark View Post
And to not mention a 16 yr old is post-pubescent...and while it's illegal now, it wasn't always, and it's natural for older guys to be drawn to young women
"Natural"? I know no man in his 40s or older who is attracted to teenage girls. That is just creepy.

Are you some aging male looking for a teenager?! Yuck.

Old 03-31-2013, 02:10 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,695,815 times
Popular approval of this person or his actions, is irrelevant in the eyes of the law. The law draws lines in the sand, and those lines determine whether or not a crime was committed.

In Indiana, the age of consent is 16. The OP apparently does not know what "pedophile" means. Driving a Lexus or using Facebook isn't illegal. So, what, exactly, did the guy do that would result in arrests and sex offender lists, if he didn't break any laws? Unless adultery is a crime in Indiana, it looks like the only laws broken were those broken by the girl and her friends.

The comments below the article are about as humorous and hyperbolic as some in this thread.

Last edited by 43north87west; 03-31-2013 at 02:35 PM..

Old 03-31-2013, 02:26 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,695,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMBAM View Post
Except he didn't do anything illegal. The age of consent in Indiana is 16, there's nothing illegal about having consensual sex with a 16 year old, even if you are committing adultery (also not illegal). I grant you it's gross and pervy, but the guy isn't a sex offender and shouldn't be, a 16 year old really is old enough to understand what sex is and whether or not they want to engage in it.
Yep. The age of consent is what it is, regardless of internet opinions for or against it. No "True Crime" in consensual sex. If anything, the guy committed a big social foul. then he had his car stolen, his credit card stolen, and was held at gunpoint.

The OP is struggling to think that this is a bad thing, because apparently it's OK to steal someone's car, charge their credit card, and hold them at gunpoint for showing up to have consensual sex with someone.

OP also used the term "pedophile" where there is no information or indication.

Old 03-31-2013, 04:39 PM

1,738 posts, read 2,080,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
"Natural"? I know no man in his 40s or older who is attracted to teenage girls. That is just creepy.

Are you some aging male looking for a teenager?! Yuck.
lol, you don't know any men would ADMIT it. And, actually, I'm just a woman who has bothered to look back at history and see it for myself...it's all through history. We're not talking little kids, but young adults who have all the physical atributess of an adult. It's a fairly normal atraction if you'd bother to research it.

Old 03-31-2013, 05:22 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,146,486 times
No its NOT normal! 16 is a kid. Forget the "law" its disgusting. Any guy who is 41 and pursuing a kid online needs his f***in head examined.

Pervs. Pervs everywhere. If I had a daughter I would not let her out of my sight.

Old 03-31-2013, 05:33 PM

1,916 posts, read 3,244,963 times
Two wrongs don't make a right. The 41 yo man is clearly a pervert who was attempting to commit a perverse social foul, whether legal or not, but the 16 yo girl actually committed a premeditated violent crime. That is never justified. Self-defense, on the other hand, is totally justified. What happened here was NOT self-defense. If what he was doing was illegal, setting him up with the police is perfectly justified, but in this case it looks like this girl was looking for victims to violently rob.

Old 03-31-2013, 06:25 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,999,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
Married man, 41, arranged sex date with girl, 16, he met on Facebook... but was robbed by her and her friends instead | Mail Online

I don't know if I can think this is a bad thing.
Some married pedophile creeper looking for underage strange in his lexus...he needs a whuppin from someone. Wonder how this will turn out with arrests and sex offender lists...Hmmm.
I approve of pedo ass whupping.

Old 03-31-2013, 07:13 PM

1,458 posts, read 2,660,761 times
He isn't a pedophile. Stop conflating true perversion, where adults are attracted to pre-pubescent children, with plan poor judgement and mild creepiness. I've seen 16 year olds with D cups and bikini waxes. That is a different planet than being turned on by childish bodies.

Old 03-31-2013, 07:50 PM

1,738 posts, read 2,080,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohirette View Post
He isn't a pedophile. Stop conflating true perversion, where adults are attracted to pre-pubescent children, with plan poor judgement and mild creepiness. I've seen 16 year olds with D cups and bikini waxes. That is a different planet than being turned on by childish bodies.
Thank you! Many people would be very surprised and probably horrified to find that in their own famlies it was at one time quite common for older men to marry 16-17 yr olds.
People confuse what we consider social norms now...with what is natural.
I'm not argueing for or against legally, just stating fact.
Because, people want to equate attraction for a post pubescent with attraction for little kids...and throw around the word "pedophile" without care for it's actual meaning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime