Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2013, 06:24 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,676,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
You actually believe that crap? Trayvon was a wannabe thug as zimmerman was a wannabe cop, the difference is that zimmerman was the one with the gun. If you believe assaulting a woman and police is on the side of good it is no wonder why this country is so jacked up in the first place. Apparently you missed the point entirely since it was the "good man" zimmerman who had a criminal record and Trayvon did not. Btw, if smoking cannabis makes one a "druggie" that makes pretty much over half the country one as well. One more thing, I noticed that you failed to mention the fact that the "good man" zimmerman had temper issues and was on meds as well. I guess that you feel that anyone child could get killed without any consequences based solely on the word of their killer and should be released on their word alone. I wonder if you would feel the same way if it was your child?
Of course TrayTray didn't have a criminal record. He was a minor.

DUH!

And George's charges were DISMISSED!

Another DUH!

As a little side note, I briefly visited DU this afternoon. Spent about 10-15 minutes reading their nonsense. A link took me there. I would never have violated common sense by visiting on my own. You wouldn't believe the misinformation they are repeating. Like 'George called 911 48 times in the last 14 months'....that kind of nonsense. Let's not repeat pure lies here, too.

Old 07-04-2013, 06:30 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,264,790 times
Quote:
To be with his father, why does that seem so abnormal to you? Is it because he has one or the fact that he was murdered while visiting him? If he was being sent to a reform school you would have an arguement, but he was'nt.
His text messages (which the jury probably won't see), said that his mom was making him move out of her house and in with his dad because of trouble he had gotten in. That's what's abnormal about it. It wasn't "to be with his father." It was that his mom was tired of dealing with him and sent him to his dad so HE could deal with him.

Old 07-04-2013, 07:01 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,398,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post

DUH!

Another DUH!

As a little side note, I briefly visited DU this afternoon. Spent about 10-15 minutes reading their nonsense. A link took me there. I would never have violated common sense by visiting on my own. You wouldn't believe the misinformation they are repeating. Like 'George called 911 48 times in the last 14 months'....that kind of nonsense. Let's not repeat pure lies here, too.
I believe he's only called 911 46 times since 2004, which I believe is several years before he lived at the last address. He's always been a concerned citizen. Back in 2004, Zimmerman would have been age 20?

Old 07-04-2013, 07:10 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,676,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
I believe he's only called 911 46 times since 2004, which I believe is several years before he lived at the last address. He's always been a concerned citizen. Back in 2004, Zimmerman would have been age 20?
I'm not sure of the time frame but it definitely wasn't 14 months. But over there on that hideous site, they're repeating that and other lies like it's gospel. We see some of that here, too, but it's usually debunked quickly by cooler, saner heads.

Old 07-04-2013, 07:11 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,150,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Of course, but that's not what I meant. If you go back to the quote to which I was responding, I was referring to his prior charges. IIRC, someone wrote that his 2 felony charges were reduced to misdemeanors and I mentioned both parents worked for many years in the judicial system. This was discussed last year so I won't elaborate too much except to say that (a) it's possible that a retired judge's son got a few breaks and (b) GZ has a lot more knowledge about interrogations, making statements, evidence, etc. than someone who didn't grow up with 2 parents who worked in the courts. Now we're learning he also studied criminal law.

I really don't want to dwell on this, since so many hundreds of posts were written last year, but GZ was ordered to take anger management classes and people here are writing as if he's a sweet, shy man who had a bad night when he met up with a tough teenager from Miami Gardens. Did you see Zimmerman's MySpace page? He's no angel. Both of them sound like wannabe tough guys, but only one of them was carrying a gun that unfortunate night.
Am I glad you did not do that multi-quote again! Over 2600 post and I still mess that up!

Both of GZ's felony charges were reduced as far as I know. You and I also know that many times the original charges are worse than what the legal system actually wants. If the felonies were serious or (in the one case his wife really felt threatened) I would presume the charges would not be reduced. I think he also filled against her? As far as anger management; would that not be automatic because of the charges?

I am willing to listen to the rest of the prosecution's case. I just think they have a very hard time getting away from the one witness that said Trayvon was on the top pounding GZ (seconds before the shot).

I still think that the Trayvon's toxicology report should be admitted. There is a lot of background information of GZ. Yes; Trayvon cannot defend himself. But; that test would show the jurors if he was using or not using any medication or drugs that could have altered his perspective that critical night.

Almost time to start watching some fireworks. Have a happy Fourth.

Old 07-04-2013, 07:24 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,324,953 times
Quote:

DUH!

Another DUH!

If he ever been arrested he still would have had a juvenile record which would have been admissable in court. Zimmerman's charges were not dismissed, they were down graded from felonies to misdeameanors. If they were dismissed they never would have been bought up in the first place.

Regardless of the number of times that he called it still was more than normal, especially to the point that they knew who is was just from the frequency of his calls.

Old 07-04-2013, 07:29 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,324,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
His text messages (which the jury probably won't see), said that his mom was making him move out of her house and in with his dad because of trouble he had gotten in. That's what's abnormal about it. It wasn't "to be with his father." It was that his mom was tired of dealing with him and sent him to his dad so HE could deal with him.
Would'nt that be related to the personal tolerance level of the mother? Even the "trouble" that she mentioned was not legal and more than likely behavioral and it did not mention any of it be of violent or criminal in nature.

Old 07-04-2013, 07:30 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,398,918 times
Quote:
I'm not sure of the time frame but it definitely wasn't 14 months. But over there on that hideous site, they're repeating that and other lies like it's gospel. We see some of that here, too, but it's usually debunked quickly by cooler, saner heads.
LOL Yeah, sure.

It was since 2004, there is a list of them for what it's worth.

The interesting part of the trial was the "looking for an address". The re-enactment clearly shows a street address, just to the right of the walkway entrance where GZ parked his truck. Now I know none of this is important, nor is finding the body some 50' from the Tee.

Cooler, saner heads indeed.

I was reviewing some of the cooler, saner tweets from Frank Taaffe. Nowhere, anywhere, have I heard anyone being such a foul-mouthed racists bigot as he is. Simply amazing. But he's getting paid well presumably on that dreadful Nancy Grace show.

Old 07-04-2013, 07:56 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,976,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Here we go again... Read my post #1103 & #1104. Hollowpoint ammo was never outlawed in the US, and why in the world should it be? You're "cop boyfreind" was (edited my original comment)...umm, mistaken.
The "X" is a cut shell full metal jacket round, basically a home-made hollowpoint for cheap asses uses target ammo for defensive rounds. Also not illegal, and probably not much more effective than the FMJ itself in stopping power, and less effective then true hollowpoints on the market.
I don't know if they ever were illegal in some states and then became legal, but in New Jersey they are illegal, to my knowledge, except for the police.

Old 07-04-2013, 08:02 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,761,394 times
Quote:
Would'nt that be related to the personal tolerance level of the mother? Even the "trouble" that she mentioned was not legal and more than likely behavioral and it did not mention any of it be of violent or criminal in nature.
3rd school suspension...this time for marijuana...role model student?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime