Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2013, 08:30 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,844,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Zimmerman may have called 911 a lot of times...maybe because he lives in a high crime area. This is not evidence that goes against his claim of self defense, irrelevant spin.
Although every other month, if you do the math is not a lot of calls.

Old 07-05-2013, 08:46 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,822,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
But George had already called the police and they instructed him, which he disobeyed, and ended up killing someone because of it.
Again, and this has been repeated numerous times by numerous posters; when you call 911, you are not talking to the police, you are talking to the dispatcher, a person is under no obligation to obey the dispatcher, there is no law stating a person has to obey a dispatcher.

Old 07-05-2013, 09:58 AM

872 posts, read 2,030,031 times
Zimmerman didn't technically call 911, we called a non-emergency dispatch and no, he doesn't have to do anything he says. And no, Zimmerman didn't need to be afraid of of martin until after he was attacked, because that was the justification for killing the little thug.

Old 07-05-2013, 10:09 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
Does anybody find the mothers testimony and the half brothers testimony crucial for the prosecutor in making their case?

To me the mothers testimony was neither helping any side and the brothers might have hurt the prosecution...

He didn't hang out with the same friends and neither was he friends on social media with his younger brother. Nothing wrong with that but if kids nowadays have a good relationship and both have social media it is very uncommon for them not the be active or at least connected with each other.

Both my kids have a good relationship and also have a 4.5 year age difference like Trayvon and his brother had...they are very close and even due to the bigger age difference and my youngest being born a few month later than Trayvon but same 1995 birth year and my oldest having the same age/birth year as Trayvon's brother, both my kids are connected on social media even though my eldest was also like Trayvons half brother in College and away so the situation regarding that is similar....

To me if the prosecutor wants to show they are close and the half brother can detect hishalf brothers scream...than this all comes across to me as not something I find believable.

How many parents and siblings and friends have ever heard a loved one scream for their life and what that sound may be...unless it is a very typical sound due to one having a male voice and the other a clear female voice or one a very deep voice and the other a pitchy voice...I don't think anybody can clearly say who was who in this case since both families claim it was their loved one and this should be eliminated to even be considered by the jurors...JMO!

Old 07-05-2013, 10:24 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,972,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
But George had already called the police and they instructed him, which he disobeyed, and ended up killing someone because of it.
And he will disobey many people in the future regarless if it is legal or not because GZ believes only other people should obey rules but he is exempt because his ego is bigger than his intelligence.

He will be acquitted and he will most likely end up hurting other people because GZ feels no remorse. He just got rid of his enemy, one of those who always get away. He doesn't get that he is escalating the situations with his actions. He took away a life and is laughing sarcastically in court. I understand that people want to defend their gun rights but that still doesn't make GZ normal. He is a psychological mess.

Like I said earlier (my post was ignored) if Zimmerman saw a creep following an underaged kid
without identifying himself to the pedestrian, would GZ had called the police on himself? That's far more suspicious than most of the people he reported in the past.

Old 07-05-2013, 10:42 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
And he will disobey many people in the future regarless if it is legal or not because GZ believes only other people should obey rules but he is exempt because his ego is bigger than his intelligence.

He will be acquitted and he will most likely end up hurting other people because GZ feels no remorse. He just got rid of his enemy, one of those who always get away. He doesn't get that he is escalating the situations with his actions. He took away a life and is laughing sarcastically in court. I understand that people want to defend their gun rights but that still doesn't make GZ normal. He is a psychological mess.

Like I said earlier (my post was ignored) if Zimmerman saw a creep following an underaged kid
without identifying himself to the pedestrian, would GZ had called the police on himself? That's far more suspicious than most of the people he reported in the past.
You are stating your post got ignored previously...I'm not ignoring it but find it not adding anything and btw do you have a crystal bowl?

I don't thing your post makes any sense...but you may find the same of my posts that is the liberty we have in this country...

Old 07-05-2013, 11:23 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,201,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post

Like has been asked, do you have a crystal ball to know that Zimmerman would/will disobey many people in the future?

I ignore because what seems to be facts does not enter into your thinking for things all Trayvon.

If the "evidence" showed Zimmerman was guilty, I say lock 'im up but it does not. All he is guilty of is poor judgement and being too zealous about thinking he could make a difference.

Old 07-05-2013, 11:32 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,261,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Not necessarily, it could have been that he wanted to be with his father in the first place or some other reason for him acting the way that he did. My question is why is the focus on a child's behavior and at the same time totally ignoring the behavior of a grown man with a criminal record?
Yes, necessarily. That is what his text messages indicate; that his mom wanted him out of the house and was making him go to his father's. TM was not a child.

Old 07-05-2013, 12:01 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,201,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Yes, necessarily. That is what his text messages indicate; that his mom wanted him out of the house and was making him go to his father's. TM was not a child.
Correct, luz. TM was NOT a CHILD. He was a juvenile. Big difference and a big, big difference in being sent to the father's home for a visit and being sent because the mother wanted to get rid of the kid and his trouble making. All you Trayvon lovers, she wanted to be rid of the kid. No if ands or buts about it. If you are a divorced mother and send your kid to live with the father and not just a visit, you want that kid to be GONE from your household.

Old 07-05-2013, 12:46 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,561,936 times
Relative Says Zimmerman's Racist and Molested Her for 10yrs.
George Zimmerman: Molestation accusations relevant testimony in trial

Judge Allows Zimmermans School Records
George Zimmerman School Records Allowed As Evidence In Trial For Shooting Of Trayvon Martin

Expert Testifies No DNA Under Trayvons Fingernails or Zimmerman's Gun
Zimmerman murder trial: Trayvon Martin's DNA not on the gun, expert testifies - chicagotribune.com

Zimmerman on Adderal for ADHD/ Hoodie Comment when released
thegrio.com/2012/06/18/zimmerman-jailhouse-calls-george-said-upon-release-id-have-my-hoodie/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime