Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2013, 12:55 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,687,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post

If you are a divorced mother and send your kid to live with the father and not just a visit, you want that kid to be GONE from your household.
That is not true, at all.

There could have been many reasons for her to send Trayvon to his father. Maybe he was getting involved with a bad group of friends and she wanted him to put distance between them. After all, she has a college degree; I'm sure she expected more from her son. Her other son is a senior in college.

How Trayvon perceived what his mother did is another matter altogether. If he didn't want to live with his father, he would have resented her actions, and expressed himself accordingly.

Old 07-05-2013, 12:58 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,284,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post

There could have been many reasons for her to send Trayvon to his father. Maybe he was getting involved with a bad group of friends and she wanted him to put distance between them. After all, she has a college degree; I'm sure she expected more from her son. Her other son is a senior in college.

How Trayvon perceived what his mother did is another matter altogether. If he didn't want to live with his father, he would have resented her actions, and expressed himself accordingly.
Oh no??? That would the majority of any reason. Unbelievable.

Old 07-05-2013, 01:21 PM

27,224 posts, read 46,908,071 times
Quote:
He reported a boy age 6 or 7 as being suspicious?

That's whacked.
i just put in on Google.."6 year old arrested" and you will be shocked how many incidents will come up....so what is your point?

Most 6 years olds are nice kids but we have also in our community had them very young where they were not supervised and were destroying other peoples property. Many people put up cameras so they can catch them in the act since usually it happened to corner lot properties at the time frame the kids would come out of school without an adult present and some of the boys and girls at very young ages trying to impress others by how "cool" they are...scratching cars with stones, riding over sprinkler heads, etc...

bored kids being dumb and one of them was removed by the police and put in the back seat of a police car after my neighbor called the cops and filed for criminal mischief...

Old 07-05-2013, 01:26 PM

27,224 posts, read 46,908,071 times
Quote:

I know criminals with a College degree even got to know a realtor with a 3 x felony and a College degree. That doesn't make a person be agood parent or a bad parent.

She is defending her son which is logical but she send him to live with the dad since she couldn't handle him after his 3rd suspension and what would have happened later or for how long we don't know since the incident happened and nobody know what would have happened...

Clerly he didn't change too much since he was on he phone using racist remarks with a person who thinks that is fine and ok and is not racist and didn't show too much of respect for any one in the court room...nice example for a troubled teen.

Old 07-05-2013, 01:33 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,859,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Again, and this has been repeated numerous times by numerous posters; when you call 911, you are not talking to the police, you are talking to the dispatcher, a person is under no obligation to obey the dispatcher, there is no law stating a person has to obey a dispatcher.
Right, and more pointedly, the 911 Dispatcher testified that they cannot, legally, tell someone what to do. They can only make suggestions to avoid liability.

Also the 911 Dispatcher agreed that by asking GZ the location of TM, it could be construed to mean they were encouraging GZ to follow TM.

Old 07-05-2013, 01:34 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,687,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Oh no??? That would the majority of any reason. Unbelievable.
Well, this post makes no sense.

A mother trying any avenue to keep her son out of trouble is 'wanting to GET RID of the kid'?

I don't know about other people, but I GET RID of garbage; I GET RID of old clothing. I would NOT 'GET RID' of any of my children, and Trayvon's mother doesn't strike me as a blowsy, scummy, welfare-sucking, lazy-assed lowlife wanting to GET RID of her son.

Old 07-05-2013, 02:34 PM

1,658 posts, read 2,705,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Right, and more pointedly, the 911 Dispatcher testified that they cannot, legally, tell someone what to do. They can only make suggestions to avoid liability.

Also the 911 Dispatcher agreed that by asking GZ the location of TM, it could be construed to mean they were encouraging GZ to follow TM.
I bolded the part of your post that is meaningless, because GZ said, in his written statement to the police, that he was told not to follow the suspect. He knew that he should remain where he was, but he decided not to, and the reason for this is known only to him.

Since we don't know who started the altercation, perhaps it would be just to bury both of them, and let God sort it out on Judgement Day.

Old 07-05-2013, 02:47 PM

4,121 posts, read 2,454,014 times
Wow I can't believe how long this thread is!!

Old 07-05-2013, 03:31 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,934,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Zimmerman may have called 911 a lot of times...maybe because he lives in a high crime area. This is not evidence that goes against his claim of self defense, irrelevant spin.
I disagree, it clearly indicates that Zimmerman was predisposed to think the worst of any young black man that he saw and is proof positive that he is more than just a little paranoid. 46 calls to 911 in just a few years is insane. Most people will call 911 a few times at most in a lifetime.

Old 07-05-2013, 03:51 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,284,446 times
Quote:
Well, this post makes no sense.

A mother trying any avenue to keep her son out of trouble is 'wanting to GET RID of the kid'?

I don't know about other people, but I GET RID of garbage; I GET RID of old clothing. I would NOT 'GET RID' of any of my children, and Trayvon's mother doesn't strike me as a blowsy, scummy, welfare-sucking, lazy-assed lowlife wanting to GET RID of her son.
Definition of RID

archaic : save, rescue

: to make free : relieve, disencumber <rid the complexion of blemishes> <be rid of worries> <get rid of that junk>

I'm sure the mother was doing a bit of both definitions of "rid".

Saving her son from himself and relieve herself and her family of his troublemaking.

Are we clear now??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime