Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2013, 08:49 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,442,188 times

Advertisements

I think we were all stunned when Casey Anthony was acquitted, primarily because she Did NOT testify, if she had, it would have been a completely different outcome.

Has the state actually proven beyond a reasonable doubt that Zimmerman was not defending himself? I don't think so.

If Zimmerman takes the stand, he is wide open... And will be found guilty, as they will be able to quiz him on his iinconsistent information, his background all free game.

Old 07-06-2013, 08:54 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,401,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I think we were all stunned when Casey Anthony was acquitted, primarily because she Did NOT testify, if she had, it would have been a completely different outcome.

Has the state actually proven beyond a reasonable doubt that Zimmerman was not defending himself? I don't think so.

If Zimmerman takes the stand, he is wide open... And will be found guilty, as they will be able to quiz him on his iinconsistent information, his background all free game.
Well stated, all of it.

Old 07-07-2013, 01:58 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,984,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye;30349985[B
]Now you are accusing the whole department of conspiracy?[/b] Perhaps the Governor was also involved? Did the shooting of Trayvon take place in Seminole County? Of course I am sure just a few calls from Orange County would have smoothed over any problems!

As far as I know; both police departments are racially diverse. I am sure that both departments have personnel that would side with Trayvon - just as much as GZ. GZ's uncle served our Country for many years and I think you are reaching to plant the idea of conspiracy without proof.
Who said anything about a conspiracy? I only mentioned that GZ could have gotten a break in the past when he was arrested in Orange County because of family ties.

By the way, I think George Zimmerman has been treated very unfairly by the media from the beginning. But I have no idea why you brought race into this. I see nothing in my comment at all that mentions race.

Last edited by justNancy; 07-07-2013 at 02:08 AM..

Old 07-07-2013, 03:24 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,232,137 times
You had used the term "Duh???". More or less implying 'good ole boy' favors to help GZ out of past problems. All I am saying is that there is no proof of any foul play. If there was; I am sure the prosecution would have picked up on it.

As far as GZ being treated "unfairly" by the media: I blame that on our President and other leaders that tossed in their two cents. Where are these leaders and media with the Kelly Thomas case? I never heard about this until the CD thread on 7/5. It is almost like everybody is paid not to knock the system. People today do not care about the homeless.

Old 07-07-2013, 06:00 AM

27,221 posts, read 46,857,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
You had used the term "Duh???". More or less implying 'good ole boy' favors to help GZ out of past problems. All I am saying is that there is no proof of any foul play. If there was; I am sure the prosecution would have picked up on it.

As far as GZ being treated "unfairly" by the media: I blame that on our President and other leaders that tossed in their two cents. Where are these leaders and media with the Kelly Thomas case? I never heard about this until the CD thread on 7/5. It is almost like everybody is paid not to knock the system. People today do not care about the homeless.
I couldn't rep. you but agree with you. The pressure from higher up and certain groups like the Black Panthers (not sure why anybody even listens to them) made things change.

The result is that for people who are willing to look at the evidence they all see a weak case, all others will just say that the posecutors did a great job.

I even heard people say that the medical examiner who was the last witness was a great witness while a lot of pro Trayvon people even aditted that guy was bad...there are too many biased parts broadcast on tv and in the end the jurors have the last word and have not been able to listen to Jane and Nancy this week with their opinion and not letting finish a perso who doesn't agree with them.

I was glad that both were replaced for a couple of days probably due to vacation time for them, but perhaps HLN realizes that there are other hosts who can do a great job and have the courtesy to let people finish.

Jane comes across sometimes like she is back to the adiction time frame which she so bravely had over come and Nancy is getting to the point that she comes across like she is the star of HLN and it is all about her opinion.

I liked both of them before but no longer and it is not about not having the same opinion...just the rudeness and I would have loved to hear what some people want to say on her show but both ladies cut everyone off so I push the button and switch channels.

Old 07-07-2013, 06:41 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,253,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Yes. The entire family seem nice and middle class - stable and intelligent people. Trayvon probably would have turned out well if he lived.

I am very impressed with the mother, containing her emotions; her strength in not showing a lot of emotion spoke so well.
You are joking, aren't you?? No, I guess you are not. Yep, TM would have grown up to be stable, intelligent gang banger. SMH. What part of a mouth full of gold doesn't give you a clue???

Old 07-07-2013, 07:03 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,707,745 times
Trayvon was definitely walking down the wrong path of life. It's impossible to guess if he would have stayed or veered back to make something of himself. He seems to have come from a decent family, but he was sowing his wild oats and got cut down.

He should have gone on home instead of deciding to show the cracka how tough he was.

Old 07-07-2013, 07:06 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,290,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
You are joking, aren't you?? No, I guess you are not. Yep, TM would have grown up to be stable, intelligent gang banger. SMH. What part of a mouth full of gold doesn't give you a clue???
Nothing like blaming the victim. Yes, better he grew up like George. The jurors will decide.

Old 07-07-2013, 07:21 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,232,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I couldn't rep. you but agree with you. The pressure from higher up and certain groups like the Black Panthers (not sure why anybody even listens to them) made things change.

The result is that for people who are willing to look at the evidence they all see a weak case, all others will just say that the posecutors did a great job.

I even heard people say that the medical examiner who was the last witness was a great witness while a lot of pro Trayvon people even aditted that guy was bad...there are too many biased parts broadcast on tv and in the end the jurors have the last word and have not been able to listen to Jane and Nancy this week with their opinion and not letting finish a perso who doesn't agree with them.

I was glad that both were replaced for a couple of days probably due to vacation time for them, but perhaps HLN realizes that there are other hosts who can do a great job and have the courtesy to let people finish.

Jane comes across sometimes like she is back to the adiction time frame which she so bravely had over come and Nancy is getting to the point that she comes across like she is the star of HLN and it is all about her opinion.

I liked both of them before but no longer and it is not about not having the same opinion...just the rudeness and I would have loved to hear what some people want to say on her show but both ladies cut everyone off so I push the button and switch channels.
There are some times when we do need leadership. Especially if a case is being handled with prejudice. But; that was not the case with GZ. Even without our leader's comments; our press had already made up it's mind on who was at fault.

That is one reason that I have not watched the talking heads for a long time. That doesn't mean that I do not hear some of what they are saying. I do think they did a better job after the trial started - but they could quickly see the lack of evidence and the tide turning.

I would really like trial coverage without any discussion (even though it does help me understand the issues from time to time). I like to make up my own mind after I see/hear the evidence.

Old 07-07-2013, 07:46 AM

14,455 posts, read 14,406,549 times
The jury can determine GZ's guilt or innocence. I think second degree murder is too much for what he did. However, I could accept any result from not guilty to manslaughter.

The shocking thing for me is what I have learned reading many of the 1300 + plus posts here on CDF on this topic. The willingness of large numbers of people to prejudge this case based on what they have read in the media is astounding. People can tell me until the cows come home they aren't racist. What I've read speaks for itself and its not pretty. As horrible as this tragedy is things like this do happen in life. Although, they probably happen more commonly in a country where people are free to walk around in public with loaded guns. What doesn't need to happen is everyone taking sides in a matter like this before the trial even begins.

Whatever happens to GZ, this case has left a lot of scar tissue behind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime