Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2013, 11:05 PM

3,928 posts, read 4,910,068 times

Advertisements

The brother of Trayvon Martin was a good witness and makes you remember that a 17 year old boy was stalked and hunted by a wannabe cop.

Old 07-05-2013, 11:21 PM

137 posts, read 151,478 times
Arrow Mom vs. mom as Martin, Zimmerman mothers differ on 911 call screams

Mom vs. mom as Martin, Zimmerman mothers differ on 911 call screams

(CNN) -- Was it George Zimmerman or Trayvon Martin who screamed for help the night the 17-year-old Martin was shot dead?

That could depend on which mother the jury believes.

Both Zimmerman's and Martin's mothers expressed no hesitation Friday in separate court appearances as to whose panicked voice is heard screaming during a 911 call from that February 26, 2012, night in Sanford, Florida: Each said it was her son.

Mark, went a tad over-kill with Trayvon Martin Mom.

Old 07-05-2013, 11:26 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,845,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeemama View Post
The brother of Trayvon Martin was a good witness and makes you remember that a 17 year old boy was stalked and hunted by a wannabe cop.
He actually lost credibility on the witness stand when, on cross-examination, the Defense pointed out that even two weeks after he first heard the 911 recording (in which he stated that day, he was unsure it was TM's voice) he still stated to a journalist, in an interview, that he was not sure it was TM's voice. He stuttered around and resorted to saying he couldn't remember, he didn't now and he wasn't sure.

Don't think the jury missed that. They are listening intently.

Old 07-05-2013, 11:26 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,565,415 times

Trayvon Martin 911 Call - YouTube

Old 07-05-2013, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemisa View Post

Mom vs. mom as Martin, Zimmerman mothers differ on 911 call screams

(CNN) -- Was it George Zimmerman or Trayvon Martin who screamed for help the night the 17-year-old Martin was shot dead?

That could depend on which mother the jury believes.

Both Zimmerman's and Martin's mothers expressed no hesitation Friday in separate court appearances as to whose panicked voice is heard screaming during a 911 call from that February 26, 2012, night in Sanford, Florida: Each said it was her son.

Mark, went a tad over-kill with Trayvon Martin Mom
Actually, O'Mara set her up with all of these questions to be questioned again later. Today was not the day to do that.

How she discredited herself:

1. She was in the Mayor's office listening to the 911 call without law enforcement present.
2. She claimed that she had no idea, before listening to the tape, that it was believed to contain her son's voice. Supposedly being her son, he is about to be played screaming for his life and no one warned her? Hard to fathom.
3. She claimed that she never discussed this tape with TM's father, which is highly unlikely.

Old 07-05-2013, 11:49 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,565,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Actually, O'Mara set her up with all of these questions to be questioned again later. Today was not the day to do that.

How she discredited herself:

1. She was in the Mayor's office listening to the 911 call without law enforcement present.
2. She claimed that she had no idea, before listening to the tape, that it was believed to contain her son's voice. Supposedly being her son, he is about to be played screaming for his life and no one warned her? Hard to fathom.
3. She claimed that she never discussed this tape with TM's father, which is highly unlikely.

None the above discredits his mother, I don't believe she was told the voice on the tape was her son.
Police believed it was Zimmermans voice on the 911 screaming for help.

http://news.yahoo.com/police-officer...195352515.html
But under cross-examination by defense attorney Don West, Nakasone said there was a risk of increased listener bias if people trying to identify a voice are listening to a sample in a group, as Martin's parents did, rather than individually.

"There might be a risk of bias included in the end results," Nakasone said.

Nakasone's pretrial testimony, along with other defense experts, helped keep two prosecution audio experts from testifying. One prosecution expert ruled out that it was Zimmerman screaming on the 911 call and the other thought it was the teen.

Old 07-06-2013, 01:02 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,941,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
It seems that some on this forum have an issue with people who report suspicious behavior.
Not at all, but did you read the transcripts? Your post is in response to the comment about the 46 calls to 911. I think as a taxpaying Floridian, I'd like the police to be investigating real crime, not the petty stuff Zimmerman was complaining about all the time. When he called 911 the night of the shooting, that was the right thing to do. Getting out of his car and following the person he thought looked suspicious wasn't. Many people I know in Florida who carry guns agree with me, so this isn't the ranting of a bleeding heart liberal as some will claim.

Old 07-06-2013, 01:22 AM

10,113 posts, read 10,970,291 times
I think the two mothers testifying was a wash. It's just a matter of what the jury believes.

Thus far I only see the jury having 'reasonable doubt' ... with what I have watched of the trial I don't see the jury returning a guilty verdict.

If the defense completes their witnesses next week we may have a verdict before the weekend. Since the jury is sequestered they probably don't want to spend another weekend in a hotel room. Of course I have to take into consideration closing arguments so that could take us through Friday. But this jury could deliberate on Saturday.

Old 07-06-2013, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
None the above discredits his mother, I don't believe she was told the voice on the tape was her son.
She is entering the Mayor's office, where TM's father is present along with Crump and a few more people. They get the tape set, hit play and BAM!!!!, her son (who she knows to be dead) is allegedly screaming in terror for his life.

Oh, hey, we failed to warn you ahead of time. My bad.

Okie, Dokie.

You can believe what you wrote until the cows come home. I don't believe that for one second.

Old 07-06-2013, 01:32 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,941,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
His excessive calling is unusual if those scripts are correct. He lived in a lower middle class area not in war zone. That's just Zimmerman. He thinks the world is full of people who are to get him or disturbe his peace. Again he did some stupid actions that had terrible consequences. My concern is that I don't think he learned anything from this. It seems he really believes he did nothing wrong by following people like a creep without identifying himself. GZ laughing in court with such comptempt just makes me think there is no remorse in his mind, to him TM was not human, just a nuisance he got rid of.

I don't know what TM had in mind(what he thought GZ's real intentions were) but I have been followed by slow moving car in a residential area when I was 15 years old during daylight. No one was outside and I panicked and my first reaction was to change direction trying to lose the car. It didn't work either and I thought I was gonna die that day. I don't think it's irrational at all that TM tried to lose GZ. If he hit him first yes, it was a stupid action like many of GZ's action that night.

The question is: if GZ would have seen someone following a pedestrian in a slow moving car without identifying himself, would he had call the police for the 47th time? GZ behavior is inconsistent because his paranoia is not rational.
What about the car chase? When the police arrived, the man Zimmerman accused of driving erratically said he was terrified that Zimmerman was going to attack him. There was a report posted on the Sanford PD site, but it's no longer available.

Also, some people might think it's heroic for a man shopping in a supermarket to chase a shoplifter and tackle him, but a store employee would be fired for doing the same thing. Anyone who's ever worked in retail knows the management wants you to call the police and wait. That's why we have police officers! Anyway, that was another report involving Zimmerman.

Of course the jury won't hear any of this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime