Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2015, 09:09 AM

1,344 posts, read 1,743,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Surprising verdict.
Not at all to me!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2015, 09:23 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
Why surprising? I never had any doubt he did it.

I think he did it, but you just need a reasonable doubt. With no eyewitness, no murder weapon, etc the defense should have been able to plant a reasonable doubt. It wasn't that unreasonable to think he didn't pull the trigger but was there at the time, or, the defense should have been able to make that into "reasonable doubt".

The next case is far stronger.

Old 04-15-2015, 09:31 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,495,356 times
I guess the videos of what he was doing around that time, the gun in his hand, plus the suspicious behavior of him and his girlfriend getting rid of stuff outweighed any of the evidence they didn't have. I'd loved to have seen the whole trial, just to see exactly what happened, but who has that kind of time?

I haven't heard much about the next trial. So I guess if the upcoming one has a decent prosecutor, this means he's never getting out of prison.

Old 04-15-2015, 09:35 AM

17,314 posts, read 22,056,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I think he did it, but you just need a reasonable doubt. With no eyewitness, no murder weapon, etc the defense should have been able to plant a reasonable doubt. It wasn't that unreasonable to think he didn't pull the trigger but was there at the time, or, the defense should have been able to make that into "reasonable doubt".

The next case is far stronger.
1. AH shown on camera with gun
2. AH calls friends from out of town. Friends ship guns to AH from out of state.
3. AH driving around with victim
4. AH DNA found at scene. Defense admits he was there, saw the murder
5. AH arrives home with friends (seen on video), victim isn't among them
6. Victim found a mile from AH's house.

You would have to wonder if AH's home video cameras didn't exist, if he didn't leave his DNA (bubble gum) at the scene and if he would have killed the guy 20-30 miles from home if this trial would have had the same ending. Either way, kid is looking at a long time in a cage.......25 yrs old with a life sentence! I'd rather be executed 24 hrs after the trial verdict.

Old 04-15-2015, 10:01 AM

From one of the articles:

Quote:
The prosecution overcame the lack of testifying eye witnesses by painstakingly piecing together a mountain of circumstantial, forensic evidence and so-called "electronic witnesses" that was so convincing it forced the defense during closing arguments to change tactics and concede that Hernandez was at the murder site. They just claimed he didn't do it, but rather witnessed a possible PCP-rage killing by either Ernest Wallace or Carlos Ortiz, friends of Hernandez and low-level drug dealers in Connecticut.

Old 04-15-2015, 10:54 AM

11,761 posts, read 7,262,177 times
Not surprised at all by the verdict.

What a waste of his and Lloyds life...

Old 04-15-2015, 10:56 AM

2,860 posts, read 3,387,686 times
Well well well....How you feelin' now, GANGSTA?

How's that $40+ million dollar contract serving you now, you freaking rodent?

Have fun rotting away the rest of your life you freakin cockroach.

Old 04-15-2015, 11:34 AM

11,761 posts, read 7,262,177 times
Asked if Aaron Hernandez "gets it" after being convicted of first-degree murder, Bristol County District Attorney Thomas Quinn said Wednesday: "I don't know. I think when you're taken away and they say, 'life in prison without parole' ... there's got to be some response. But I don't know if he got it."

I bet the never dreamed he would be convicted. If you are stupid enough to carry out a brazenly senseless murder I suppose you are senseless enough to think you will get off for doing it.

Old 04-15-2015, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Asked if Aaron Hernandez "gets it" after being convicted of first-degree murder, Bristol County District Attorney Thomas Quinn said Wednesday: "I don't know. I think when you're taken away and they say, 'life in prison without parole' ... there's got to be some response. But I don't know if he got it."

I bet the never dreamed he would be convicted. If you are stupid enough to carry out a brazenly senseless murder I suppose you are senseless enough to think you will get off for doing it.
I wonder if he's thinking he can get a new trial on appeal?

It'll be interesting to see his demeanor in court for the next murder trial for killing two guys in a drive-by after a bar scuffle.

Old 04-15-2015, 01:14 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,388,935 times
Well, Mr. Hernandez proves that you don't have to play a long career, taking many hits to the head in the process, to develop brain damage. Brain damage describes the utter stupidity and poor judgment this young man demonstrated in throwing it all away like he did. I agree with the verdict. he has no chance on appeal. We won't see him again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime