Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 11:25 AM

3,766 posts, read 4,106,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
would anyone be "wondering" about her innocence or involvement if she wasn't so pretty?

I do not think she is pretty in the least.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2013, 11:30 AM

3,766 posts, read 4,106,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foodmuse View Post
Not defending her but, maybe she's on Meds? I've seen people become like that on meds.

Agreed. I have not paid much attention to this, but I was able to catch some of what she said after it was over, and I have to wonder about her. I would like to think that not all teenagers act like this today. Where was her father during all of this? On second thoughts, where was her father during her entire life? Maybe this was a divorce where the judge kept the father out of her life, or the mother thought she didn't need the father's help to raise the kids.

Last edited by james777; 08-25-2013 at 11:55 AM..

Old 08-25-2013, 11:59 AM

18,391 posts, read 19,027,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
What is pretty about her? She is the size of a cow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by james777 View Post
I do not think she is pretty in the least.

while you may not personally find her "pretty" she has everything physically going for her. she is a cute, blonde, smiling young girl that looks to have an upbeat personality. most people would consider her cute or pretty. now add the element of an older man fixated on her and you have people automatically assuming that this young woman "must" be doing something to go along with it.

to ask, 'where were her parents"? many, many families have good friends, even close relatives that molest kids right under the parents nose despite the parents being right there. from all reports this was a man that was good friends with the family almost all Hannah's life and never raised any red flags.

Old 08-25-2013, 12:06 PM

1,331 posts, read 2,335,781 times
I think everybody blaming and speculating need to get a life. If Hannah was involved, law enforcement wouldn't keep calling her a victim. There are a lot of things I'm sure they are not telling the public. None of you interviewed her, none of you saw the evidence or worked on the case whatsoever. The investigators are doing their jobs. Who cares if you think Hannah is or isn't pretty? Why does that even matter? So she went to Starbucks before her mother and brother's memorial? Big deal. Do you want her to just be sad and depressed and sulk for the rest of her life? I'm sure if you were in her position you would do things that made you happy instead of depressed all the time. I've said it once and I will say it again, psychologists have stated multiple times that her behavior is completely normal for a TEENAGER. I'm sure you all are much older, things are much different now then when you were teenagers. You people are a real joke. Leave the girl and the family alone and get a life.

Old 08-25-2013, 12:26 PM

454 posts, read 794,036 times
Too late now, but i'm wishing those agents.. sharpshooters with scope rifles... had not put 5 rounds into his head. They are exceptionally well trained in marksmanship; would have been nice if a leg-shot immobilized him and interrogation of DiMaggio about this case would have been obtained

Old 08-25-2013, 12:42 PM

447 posts, read 1,044,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
she is a cute, blonde, smiling young girl
She is not a blonde. She dyes her hair.

Old 08-25-2013, 12:43 PM

5,047 posts, read 6,349,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyLuvsToTravel View Post
Too late now, but i'm wishing those agents.. sharpshooters with scope rifles... had not put 5 rounds into his head. They are exceptionally well trained in marksmanship; would have been nice if a leg-shot immobilized him and interrogation of DiMaggio about this case would have been obtained
In real life, it's not quite as easy as they make it out to be in the movies and TV.

Old 08-25-2013, 12:59 PM

1,815 posts, read 3,168,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christina0001 View Post
I think it's very sad her parents allowed her to have a relationship with the much older Dimaggio. Obviously inappropriate and creepy. I think the relationship started out consensual and Dimaggio got obsessed. She is 16 now - how old was she when he started preying on her?

I agree with hothula, we really can't judge her public actions based on how we would expect an adult to act. Teenagers are a totally different ball of wax. And how one acts in public and in the presence of the media, is not necessarily any indication of how they truly feel.
An underage teenager cannot have a consensual relationship with an adult.

Are people really freaking out about a Starbucks cup now? Memorials can be very informal affairs. My mother's memorial service was held in the small town where she grew up. People dressed casually and ate and drank from styrofoam plates and cups. That's the way things are done there.

I've never seen a case with so many people dying to turn it into something even more lurid than it was to begin with. The police know far more than you do...just let it go. There are plenty of other crimes going on every single day.

Old 08-25-2013, 01:01 PM

454 posts, read 794,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTransplant View Post
In real life, it's not quite as easy as they make it out to be in the movies and TV.
yes, i'm quite well aware of that... just commenting that with a high powered scope rifle, would have been possible to have at least ONE of those 5 shots fired immobilize him instead. so many more questions could have been answered..........

Old 08-25-2013, 01:05 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,826,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyLuvsToTravel View Post
Shooting the leg could have been impossible depending on his position.

A leg shot does not immobilize anyone, he could have still killed her if he was shot in the leg.

Deadly force is just that, deadly. The purpose is to remove the threat of death or serious bodily harm. Shooting him in the leg would not have removed his ability to shoot her or the police.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime