Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2013, 11:14 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,892,966 times

Advertisements

So 2 hours ago I really hadn't paid much attention to this case and had no desire to do so, but I had already turned to CNN to watch the The Cheshire Murders. After that concluded Don Lemon came on and was showing footage from todays memorial service for Tina and Ethan Anderson. I noticed how nonchalant Hannah was at this service in what I could only describe as in weirdly good spirits, sipping her starbucks coffee, smiling and laughing with others as if nothing had ever happened. I realise people grieve differently but I would think a girl who's mother and brother were brutally murdered not a month ago would be devastated..... wouldn't you? That is, unless she was complicit..... They then had an hour long show on this and after watching, My suspicions were strengthened. Lets go over some of this....

The show said the day of the abduction there were 13 calls between the two and after that, both phones were turned completely off. She claims these weren't calls but text messages. Couldn't that be determined by the police fairly easily? She also explains that there were so many because Dimaggio didn't know the address. Giving her the benefit of the doubt and assuming they really were text msgs, it takes thirteen msgs to give an address???? Really? And why did both phones turn off? If they were text msgs, couldn't police determine what was said?

Weren't there letters found in the charred remains of the house? Number one, who in the last decade has bothered to write a letter to anyone, let alone a 16 year old, unless they are.... perhaps.... love letters? If these letters were legible enough to determine they were from Hannah, then certainly they were legible enough to read. What exactly was IN these letters???

Hannah took a trip to Hollywood, alone, with dimaggio. If that in and of itself isn't, lets say, paculiar, then the fact that dimaggio got upset that Hannah was spending too much time on her phone and not eniough time paying attention to him, is. Sounds like a needy lover to me.

According to a freind, Hannah admitted that dimaggio said he had a bit of a crush on her, which she told no one else of. Isn't that a bit odd if she was really, as the freind claims, freaked out about it?

TWO DAYS after her recovery, she took to social media doing what CNN described as "telling her story" but it looked to me like a lot of picture posting in cute poses and so forth. Who in their right mind has the wherewithal to post on social media after such an ordeal only two days after being "rescued"...??

The entire time I was watching this, I was wondering what her relationship with her mother was like, and then she answered it for me. On her interview with the today show, she explained away the letters found in the home as her discussing with Dimaggio "how to handle" the troubles her and her mother had been having..... Again, who writes letters to discuss such a matter-of-fact subject in this day and age?

Wasn't there an incident where Dimaggio was supposed to pick her up from an event and he said he didn't want to see her kissing "other" boys? Other? What does that mean? Freudian slip maybe?

What evidence is there to conclusively prove that Dimaggio committed the murders? Is therre any at all? How do we know that Hannah didn't do it, call Dimaggio and get the whole thing rolling? How do we know that Hannah didn't help plan this whole thing?

eh? eh?

I'm sure there were other things that seemed suspicious to me but I can't think of them right now. All I know is that they keep calling her a "victim" and saying that she was "abducted"..... I'm not convinced, I'll tell you that much, what about you? Don't you think there should at the very least be an official investigation of this girl? To not investigate her is just foolish, given these suspicious facts. I don't think we have the whole story as far as the relationship between Anderson and Dimaggio. Maybe no one does except for her. My gut tells me she is getting away with something, whether that be a criminal something, I don't know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2013, 07:19 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,667,657 times
She blames her post-abduction actions on being a teenager. "That's what we do."

Old 08-25-2013, 07:30 AM

726 posts, read 1,228,961 times
Not defending her but, maybe she's on Meds? I've seen people become like that on meds.

Old 08-25-2013, 07:36 AM

18,383 posts, read 19,014,497 times
a teenager by nature is self absorbed. I doubt she has really processed truly what the death of her mother and brother really mean for her life. I knew a young teen mom who lost their 3 year old in an accident, she was busy putting on make up so she would look her best when friends came over to pay their respects. seriously teens are in a world of their own, you can't judge her by an adult standard that truly knows what loss is.

Old 08-25-2013, 07:51 AM

149 posts, read 347,591 times
Ever since this whole thing came about I've felt that something's not right. My "gut" is usually right. I don't think she's as "innocent" as they make her out to be. Something's fishy here. I just don't know exactly what it is.

Old 08-25-2013, 09:03 AM

7,776 posts, read 12,439,623 times
I'm sure Miss Anderson is being investigated to the fullest extent of the law. Not sure why anyone thinks otherwise, unless they think the file should be open to the public.

Old 08-25-2013, 10:32 AM

18,383 posts, read 19,014,497 times
would anyone be "wondering" about her innocence or involvement if she wasn't so pretty?

Old 08-25-2013, 10:43 AM

6,044 posts, read 24,088,888 times
I think it's very sad her parents allowed her to have a relationship with the much older Dimaggio. Obviously inappropriate and creepy. I think the relationship started out consensual and Dimaggio got obsessed. She is 16 now - how old was she when he started preying on her?

I agree with hothula, we really can't judge her public actions based on how we would expect an adult to act. Teenagers are a totally different ball of wax. And how one acts in public and in the presence of the media, is not necessarily any indication of how they truly feel.

Old 08-25-2013, 11:09 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,810,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
would anyone be "wondering" about her innocence or involvement if she wasn't so pretty?
What is pretty about her? She is the size of a cow.

Old 08-25-2013, 11:15 AM

447 posts, read 1,044,179 times
Nothing like a fresh iced coffee!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime