Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2021, 07:17 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,860,814 times

Advertisements

Nobody famous, but a kid from college who I knew in passing (had classes with and I think I had small talk with a couple of times), took some lady out to the woods and brutality murdered her. He was caught within about a week of the incident. This was over 15 years ago.

One of my good friends was close with him, and I asked him what he thought about it after the incident and he said he never wanted to speak about it, so I have never brought it up with him again. The murderer was a physically big guy (probably 6'4 and very fit). But he was very quiet. Seems like he just snapped, which is super scary to think about to this day (> 15 years ago). I can still picture the guy and still get chills.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2021, 01:57 PM

1,937 posts, read 700,911 times
I don't live that far from the site where the Son of Sam shot his last two victims who were on a date. Luckily, a cop gave his
car a summons (parked too close to a hydrant - near the crime scene) earlier. That ticket led to his arrest.

Years ago, a co-worker snapped and killed his girlfriend. When he was arrested, we heard he had a list in his pocket of
people who we think he was mad at. My boss (a nice guy) was on that list! Nothing happened to him, thankfully.

Old 05-01-2021, 04:47 PM

8,876 posts, read 13,907,158 times
This loser, Richard Evonitz, allegedly murdered several girls in our area when I lived in VA, including one girl that lived within a good golf drive from our home.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Evonitz

John List, a guy that murdered his family in NJ and then moved to VA under an assumed identity, lived in my parents neighborhood there when he was found.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_List

Old 05-01-2021, 10:35 PM

927 posts, read 968,774 times
I lived across the street from the main Zodiac suspect for many years. He is deceased now.

Old 05-02-2021, 06:34 AM

1,830 posts, read 1,357,340 times
I currently live minutes from the area where Dean Corll and his family lived and operated their candy company. Apparently he was known to local kids as the Candy Man because he would often give them free candy, all while luring locals through other means before killing and burying their bodies throughout the area. I regularly pass by the cemetery where one of his young victim is buried. Very sad.

That area of town where he lived and ‘hunted’ (The Heights) is now a fully gentrified, high-priced family area, with some of the most expensive homes in the area. Someone probably paid top dollar to live in his old place now.

Old 05-21-2021, 09:31 PM

142 posts, read 294,033 times
Default This nightmare happened right around the corner from my home.

Absolutely horrible double murder right around the corner from my home of a mother and her toddler daughter having their throats cut by a man from out of state she barely knew. This crime destroyed the area I live in.

https://www.news10.com/news/details-...n-glens-falls/

Old 05-21-2021, 09:34 PM

142 posts, read 294,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Scoops View Post
I don't live that far from the site where the Son of Sam shot his last two victims who were on a date. Luckily, a cop gave his
car a summons (parked too close to a hydrant - near the crime scene) earlier. That ticket led to his arrest.

Years ago, a co-worker snapped and killed his girlfriend. When he was arrested, we heard he had a list in his pocket of
people who we think he was mad at. My boss (a nice guy) was on that list! Nothing happened to him, thankfully.
I was sleeping in the back seat of a car from Elephas disco when SOS shot two victims two cars away from me. I was out with my friends that night and I was tired and they still wanted to party so I went to my friends car, climbed into the backseat, and fell asleep. I was awakened by what sounded like fire crackers going off. I didn't see a thing though beyond hearing the gun shots.

Old 05-22-2021, 02:11 AM

1,154 posts, read 274,126 times
The Boston Strangler lived in the next town from me when I was a kid if that counts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime