Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2015, 02:58 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,444,531 times

Advertisements

I also think the husband had something to do with it. You have to ask yourself why would someone from Missouri (who had no direct connection to the victim) come all that way to commit a murder, and what motive would they have.... unless they were doing it for someone else. May not be totally obvious, but pretty close.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2015, 03:24 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,267,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post
It sounds as if "Taylor" didn't know either until Rodgers started bragging about it. What sick puke would start bragging about a murder? ( for now anyway)
They all do. Murderers almost ALWAYS confide in somebody.

Unless of course they are a psychopathic serial killer which is an entirely different ball game.

The chances of a case being solved plummet atrociously in the immediate aftermath, if no evidence located.

Those same chances then slowly start to increase again, as the guilty start talking to friends and loved ones - they boast, or they suffer with conscience.

Cold Case police always go to the partner of the suspect, years later - often they are divorced, and the ex wife/husband whoever, heard some telling stuff while they were together, or even covered for the perp, and suddenly begins to tell.

In this case, police are looking for the money - its unlikely the murder was committed for just loyalty reasons.

They are looking for the cash, the weapon, and the spouse/friend who knows it all and is keeping someone elses secrets.

Old 08-28-2015, 06:05 PM

16,074 posts, read 28,635,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
They all do. Murderers almost ALWAYS confide in somebody.
How would we know this is true unless the person confided in reports? Partners typically are the last to know.

Old 08-28-2015, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiashen View Post
and though I never suspected him
Most regular posters to the thread tossed it around, but weren't sure. Easy to say, it was obvious after the fact when arrests strongly suggest, he was.

Old 08-28-2015, 07:17 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,823,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Most regular posters to the thread tossed it around, but weren't sure. Easy to say, it was obvious after the fact when arrests strongly suggest, he was.
I guess I'm wired different. There is no way I would get family and friends involved in any controversy. I think these two will try to take MS down, but it doesn't make much sense. She was the bread winner and no life insurance policy that I have been made aware of- not unless it was a loan that was due but Rodgers doesn't look like he's high-end other than previous drug arrests. Script pad may ring true here, maybe from the past? Just guessing..

Old 08-28-2015, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post

I think these two will try to take MS down, but it doesn't make much sense.
If whats reported true, investigators were removing things in Sievers business office two days ago. Assuming a search warrant served, hes already been implicated by these two. What would they be looking for other than something definitively tying him to the murder? But thats just my take. In yesterdays 6:30 news conference sheriff said, we may be back at 11. A lot more yet to be revealed. He still isn't talking, oddly includes her sister after arrests??

Last edited by virgode; 08-28-2015 at 08:44 PM..

Old 08-29-2015, 05:56 AM

19,718 posts, read 16,925,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
I also think the husband had something to do with it. You have to ask yourself why would someone from Missouri (who had no direct connection to the victim) come all that way to commit a murder, and what motive would they have.... unless they were doing it for someone else. May not be totally obvious, but pretty close.
That is exactly my thinking. What possible motive would they have to drive all that way, kill her, and then go back home ? Money is the only motive I can think of. My guess is that there was a large insurance policy, and/or the hubby was playing around with someone else and wanted her gone. He sets up an airtight alibi for being somewhere else, and some "mysterious" killer breaks in and kills the wife.

Isn't the first time someone tried that little trick. I bet we haven't seen the end of the arrests yet.

Don

Old 08-29-2015, 07:28 AM

2,438 posts, read 2,823,340 times
Here's a photo shortly before the murder.

Photo shows suspects in killing of Dr. Teresa Sievers hanging out in weeks before her death - Naples Daily News

Two suspects in the death of Bonita Springs doctor Teresa Sievers were photographed hanging out on at least two occasions in the weeks before she was killed.

The two Missouri men accused in the death of Bonita Springs doctor Teresa Sievers hung out on at least two occasions in the weeks before she was killed.
Jimmy Rodgers, 25, and Curtis “Wayne” Wright Jr., 47, appeared together in a photo posted to Facebook on May 30 by Rodgers’ girlfriend, Taylor Shomaker, who called it a “pretty good night.”
On June 7, Shomaker also posted a set of photos of herself with both Rodgers and Wright, although the two men did not appear in pictures together. Shomaker was wearing the same shirt, makeup and hairstyle in all the photos, suggesting the three were together that night.
Both Rodgers and Wright were arrested Thursday in Missouri to face charges of second-degree murder in the death of Sievers, who was found dead June 29 at her home in Bonita Springs.

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/crime...pened_76891245

Old 08-29-2015, 09:42 AM

104 posts, read 110,168 times
About the money if MS had a hand in this, which has been my thought all along. Including a 4th person whom others have hinted at here: There would the million dollar GFM, which didn't go off as planned. As a matter of fact, I think Dr. Siever's brothers got suspicious early and siezed the account from the husband. Then there is the Indigogo account which has crawled to a standstill. Remember someone local set up a bank account and there may have been two of these. Then, the life insurance policy, even if it all went to the girls. A business life insurance policy and last but not least--Minor Child Survivor Benefits for the girls. Not to mention equity in any property owned. All in all, a good haul if you think with a criminal mind. And these are just the accounts we know about. One thing for certain, any other suspects won't be fleeing by boat anytime soon. At least not from the Florida area.

Old 08-29-2015, 09:47 AM

104 posts, read 110,168 times
P.S. Survivors Planner: How Much Would Your Survivors Receive?.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime