Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2015, 05:37 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,826,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
I guess it is possible to not only find a hitman, but also add a "brutality" stipulation to the contract, but I think the odds of finding such a person become increasingly small.

Pyschologically, most hitmen would probably want to make the killing as impersonal as possible by using a gun and then preferably from behind. My feelings is that the murder was committed by a former patient.

It appears that the doctor had unusual business practices that may have attracted unstable people with unreasonable expectations of their approval for government benefits or romance with the doctor.

We don't even know if the murder weapon was a "hammer". I think most are taking it as some kind of crow bar that jacked-up the door to the garage, but even if this is "real" and she was killed in the kitchen, she did wake-up and walked to the kitchen, so that tells me that if words were exchanged ( as the neighbors heard arguing) it had to be someone that she knew but why would they break into the house, if she knew them?

I think whoever this was, was there, and then staged it to make it look like a break-in. So, I don't buy the neighbor theory. They also knew that the cameras didn't work on that side of the house, making the point of being in the house before that. ( evil smiley goes here) No sociopath needed.

The only odd part ( so far) is that TS was playing in the yard with her kids one afternoon ( the week before the murder) and the neighbor said this was odd because she never got off work that early.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2015, 02:49 AM

255 posts, read 454,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post

The only odd part ( so far) is that TS was playing in the yard with her kids one afternoon ( the week before the murder) and the neighbor said this was odd because she never got off work that early.
I have not heard this before. May I ask where this information came from?

Old 08-23-2015, 07:15 AM

1,535 posts, read 1,404,854 times
Quote:
As I said earlier, TS brow-beated which is fine for a high ranking secret service job but not for a doctor.

Makes me wonder if she was secretly gay. ( I don't mean that in a negative way but just a realistic way).
A woman need not be gay to have an unpleasant personality. Though a good number of gay doctors may not advertise their sexuality at their practices, there is not a big need today to keep it a secret today via a double life- especially considering that her practice was focused on alternative medicine (not say, the area's Hassidic or other conservative religous community) and most customers were probably inclined to be supportive or at least be generally tolerant of a lot of alternative expressions.

Quote:
as the neighbors heard arguing) it had to be someone that she knew but why would they break into the house, if she knew them?

I think whoever this was, was there, and then staged it to make it look like a break-in. So, I don't buy the neighbor theory. They also knew that the cameras didn't work on that side of the house, making the point of being in the house before that. ( evil smiley goes here) No sociopath needed.
The killer could have just gotten lucky about the malfunctioning camera (25% chance?). As for the arguing implying that the break in was staged, I think your explanation is the simplest. Another possibility could be:
- Doctor accepts a visitor that she knows
- Argument ensues about something (doctor refuses some kind of demand?) and kicks the visitor out.
- Enraged visitor then makes an impulsive decision to return, breaks in and murders TS.

Last edited by Cryptic; 08-23-2015 at 07:35 AM..

Old 08-23-2015, 09:31 AM

2,334 posts, read 2,661,046 times
Quote:
As I said earlier, TS brow-beated which is fine for a high ranking secret service job but not for a doctor. This is not going to mix-well with someone that is on an edge. Even her ( TS) assistant said that she wasn't interested in if her clients liked her but was more interested in getting the patient well. Makes me wonder if she was secretly gay. ( I don't mean that in a negative way but just a realistic way).
Quote:
A woman need not be gay to have an unpleasant personality....most customers were probably inclined to be supportive or at least be generally tolerant of a lot of alternative expressions.
I can't speak for GreenFlute334, but I didn't read it that way, as if to imply that a gay woman has an unpleasant personality, BUT it could mean that her very aggressive manner and personality may have really angered someone, and I also think it's someone she knew. Could have been a spouse or partner of a customer/client who was jealous. We can only speculate, though, since at post nearly #300, we still haven't heard more from the Suddenly Silent Sheriff....

Quote:
The killer could have just gotten lucky about the malfunctioning camera (25% chance?). As for the arguing implying that the break in was staged, I think your explanation is the simplest. Another possibility could be:
- Doctor accepts a visitor that she knows
- Argument ensues about something (doctor refuses some kind of demand?) and kicks the visitor out.
- Enraged visitor then makes an impulsive decision to return, breaks in and murders TS.
Yes, and I feel like that particular camera may have been either shut off / disabled (unbeknownst to Dr. Sievers) by the perpetrator, who also may have known exactly how the cameras worked or had cased the house long enough at some point to be able to do it quickly.

I also still wonder if TS went straight home from the airport that night; she did call husband Mark to say she had arrived, but what if she picked up someone on the way home, drove him/her to her house? Was she alone all night? Or did she go somewhere else first?

I'm beginning to worry this has gone cold. Would the police/sheriff tell the public if it had?

Last edited by Tobiashen; 08-23-2015 at 09:33 AM.. Reason: to give attribution to second quote

Old 08-23-2015, 03:15 PM

1,535 posts, read 1,404,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiashen View Post
I can't speak for GreenFlute334, but I didn't read it that way, as if to imply that a gay woman has an unpleasant personality, BUT it could mean that her very aggressive manner and personality may have really angered someone, and I also think it's someone she knew.
I might need to apologize to Green flute as I thought he was referencing the stereotype that aggressive women are more likely to be lesbians ( though there maybe some truth to it).

I agree about the chance that the her personality may have drastically alienated somebody. I would expand the search for possible suspects to anybody she had business dealings with. The doctor could well have extended her financial creativity to business dealings outside her practice.

Some men also tend to take a dim view of any women in authority. Then factor in her personality traits and possible financial creativity and things could go down hill fast.

As for the security camera system, I think a key point is whether or not the doctor installed it, or it came with the house. A security conscious person who took the trouble to install such a system would be far more likely not to allow a camera to malfunction and to notice of one had. In contrast, if the system came with the house, it is possible that she would not be interested in it and not notice if it had gone out months ago.

Last edited by Cryptic; 08-23-2015 at 03:30 PM..

Old 08-23-2015, 03:49 PM

16,074 posts, read 28,659,630 times
An abundance of evidence, rules out anyone in her immediate circle; family, coworkers and handful of neighbors, thru dna. Assuming dna collected from all the above.

Could random include targoted and premeditated, but a person unknown to Dr Sievers?

Since PD revealed little to nothing ( as it should be ), business associates, competitors, financial lenders anyone who had stakes in the LLC as well as patients. A lot of ground to cover and investigate. Its only been 2 months, eventually the perp will be charged. I still don't rule out a hitman.

Old 08-24-2015, 07:11 PM

104 posts, read 110,234 times
There are actually two updates here. The murder of Dr. Teresa Sievers: 8 weeks later - NBC-2.com WBBH News for Fort Myers, Cape Coral & Naples, Florida.

Old 08-24-2015, 07:14 PM

61,254 posts, read 87,693,295 times
I have known professional women who have befriended handymen and gardeners that were disturbed and they also got killed

Old 08-25-2015, 04:37 AM

2,334 posts, read 2,661,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianSoda View Post
Thank you! I can see the news people are getting a little...frustrated as well. I'm glad they're staying on it.

Old 08-25-2015, 01:30 PM

16,074 posts, read 28,659,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianSoda View Post
According to this article, Sievers family isn't back in the house; don't see how they could live with daily reminders...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime