Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2016, 07:58 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,506,598 times

Advertisements

But all that changed when wrongful conviction superlawyer Kathleen Zellner took up Steven Avery’s case. She’s not screwing around – within a week of signing on as Avery’s lawyer, she started dismantling the state’s case against Steven on Twitter. Her comments went from confident to cocky, and she told Dateline NBC that she’s already found new evidence that proves her client innocent.
Now she’s going even further. In an interview with TheLipTV’s Allison Hope Wiener, Zellner explained what drew her to the case.

“It’s the evidence. In having had a number of these cases, it has the signature of a wrongful conviction case. They only focused on him. They did not look at a lot of other suspects, certainly some very key people they should have been looking at. There was a very poor investigation done of the victim’s background, who she was involved with, the circumstances of her life. It had all of the hallmarks of a wrongful conviction case.”
According to TheLipTV, Zellner “also intends to prove who actually killed Teresa Halbach. She asserted it is fairly obvious if you review the record of the criminal case.”

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/making-murd...004553810.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2016, 08:32 AM

42,864 posts, read 26,331,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billydaman View Post
She is saying the same bull**** his first lawyers were saying: No, but unfortunately that is not the bullet with her DNA on it. That one could of only been fired from his weapon.
This proves she is an idiot: The DNA on the key was transferred via sweat.
Well it proves someone is an idiot, but maybe not her. What Kratz claimed was "sweat DNA" (there's really no such thing) was never entered as evidence in the trial because it was considered contaminated; the technician did not switch gloves after examining the inside of the car and then touching the hood.

Old 02-26-2016, 09:28 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,775,499 times
Just read that Avery doused a cat in gasoline and threw it into a fire when he was about 20. the article said he served 9 months in prison for the killing of that cat. Doesn't sound like a very nice guy.

Old 04-11-2016, 06:35 AM

4,041 posts, read 4,967,018 times
UPDATE: There Has Been A MAJOR Break In Steven Avery’s ‘Making A Murderer’ Case | WRWM-FM

Old 04-11-2016, 05:57 PM

42,864 posts, read 26,331,937 times
I read about that the other day but I'm not convinced that it will amount to much. You can get cell tower pings from all over the place. A few years ago I looked my google location history and at times it would get my location off a cell tower that was about 8 miles from my house, almost every night my location history would show me at least 2 or 3 times at that location, it was crazy.

Old 04-14-2016, 08:13 PM

551 posts, read 583,568 times
That documentary...ugh. Obviously there's a bit of bias involved in that mess, no? Many things were not disclosed in order to present the defense's case in the strongest possible way.

But outside of that, let's be logical. The simplest explanation is the most likely. Therefore all this convoluted twisting of evidence (falsified/planted/moved/etc), involving multiple parties working in conjunction (and never breathing a word), is not the likeliest. Some of these theories are so half baked insane, even Hollywood wouldn't touch them. Now was the investigation the most sterling ever carried out, I'm sure it's not. But to accuse the police of such absurd actions without any cause (beyond questions put forth in a "documentary" special) is a real stretch.

I mean, are we saying that one or more SD deputies killed TH? (If so, whom exactly? And when?) And tucked her vehicle in Avery's lot? And deposited her remains and other evidence, sight unseen, on Avery's property? Or, no- they just had a victim conveniently killed in the vicinity of Avery's home and lot, (who was, also quite conveniently, visiting Avery for business purposes when she disappeared), and somehow managed plant evidence (taken from another location, but where?) again, sight unseen. OH and on top of all that, they were luckily able to coerce Avery's nephew into confessing the horrible things he did and saw that day. Mm. Sure.

Again, the investigation may not have been carried out perfectly. But as far as I'm concerned (as well as good old Occam's razor), the most likely explanation is Teresa set up a business transaction with Avery, went to his location (she had been there previously, if I remember correctly, so he would have known her to that extent), and became a tragic victim of a convenient crime. Out in the boonies, far from any witnesses, Avery could easily overpower her and carry out his assault. This time, however, there would be no witness to identify his crime, so she had to be silenced. He tucked her car away, burnt her remains and personal effects, and hoped no one would be the wiser.

Far fewer variables in this scenario, far more logical.

The biggest thing I take away is how heart-breakingly sad for the Halbach family, I'm sure all this hooplah surrounding Avery and the question of his innocence is very painful for them, just digging in and reopening old wounds.. Theresa is completely forgotten, a mere footnote, in activists' quest for a career criminal's "justice" against the "evil" legal system and law enforcement.

Poor Teresa.

Old 04-15-2016, 07:50 AM

2,054 posts, read 2,571,225 times
My opinion is that the guy is a bad apple, possibly a mental case, and that he did kill TH. And that is so disheartening. Mainly because she, no one, deserves to have their life ended that way. There are some sick, sick people out there. Some of them refrain from committing violent acts, thank goodness.

Old 04-15-2016, 09:04 AM

888 posts, read 556,317 times
I just watched this. I am not sure what to do think. I don't think Steven is a nice person in the least, I mean just what he did to a cat speaks to that. But I am not sure he actually did this crime. And one thing I do know, is I feel awful for the Brandon, he obviously isn't smart or fully aware, and I think was treated terribly by his lawyer. There was a call between him and his mom, and it just broke my heart, neither of them knew the meaning of a word, can't remember what it was, maybe circumstantial, but right there you knew neither really had a clue or an understanding of any of this.

Old 04-18-2016, 06:19 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,178,495 times
Well, I saw MOAM earlier this year, and it was obviously proven that SA had nothing to do with the assault of the woman he was charged with back in the '80's. So, the local LE had already proven that they were willing to frame SA once.

Did SA kill TH?! Well, if so, he would have to be the stupidest person in the world. First of all, when this happened he was on the verge of getting a windfall from a lawsuit against the authorities due to his wrongful imprisonment. So, why would put himself & this money in jeopardy like this?! Also - and as has been stated by others - since SA had easy access to a car crusher on his property, if he was responsible for her death why didn't he crush her car to remove the evidence?! I'm thinking that if the car were crushed & if it were hidden somewhere on his vast property, the authorities would probably never have found this. It doesn't make sense that he committed the crime & then left TH's car in plain sight next to his trailer - ludicrous.

I'm also appalled at the way young BD was treated - unconsionable. I'm convinced that the story he told was completely fabricated. There is simply no way what he described occurred - since there was no blood evidence found anywhere in SA's trailer or garage.

Old 08-13-2016, 11:50 AM

2,288 posts, read 3,241,884 times
Judge Overturns Conviction for 'Making a Murderer' Subject Brendan Dassey | NBC Chicago

Looks like Brendan may be released. Avery's attorney seems to think this will help him be a free man also. I don't agree, at least I hope not. Brenda's case should have been revisited years ago though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime