Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2017, 05:17 AM

1,562 posts, read 1,495,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraiiz View Post
True, I've only seen the case on MOAM, but did scour some research on it after viewing. Perhaps I didn't hit any of the resources your referring to, but nothing I read cemented his guilt.

Is the tarp/sheet a possibility? Yes. But I still have a hard time believing for as long as they were there turning his property inside out that it wasn't found. Or the handcuffs.

Her burned and buried bones did lean towards a premeditated crime, but he simply did not seem like enough of a mastermind/sociopath to execute it. Meticulous planning on one hand and then complete carelessness with what was found? None of it made sense. Is it possible? Yes. Am I convinced it was him? No. Finding evidence in general seemed so difficult in fact, that suspiciously 'planted' evidence seemed possible. There were certainly multiple motivations for that.
I'm not sure what more evidence you would need to cement his guilt in your mind. Teresa's remains were found burned in his fire pit. Her vehicle was on his property, with his blood and another DNA source(likely sweat) in/on it. The key to said vehicle was in his bedroom with his DNA on it. Teresa's DNA was found in his garage. He was the last one to see her alive. This is an open and shut case, honestly. The trial transcripts linked a few posts back, while tedious, are going to be your best source. If there was a tarp involved, it would've been incinerated with the body. Most likely, Teresa was shot/stabbed in the garage, not the trailer.

This was hardly a meticulously planned crime by a mastermind. Avery lured Teresa to the property(using his sister's name and shielding his phone number)under the guise of taking a photo for the auto magazine. Once there, he simply forced her into his trailer.
Quote:
I don't believe Brendan had anything to do with it. Whether a part of the documentary or just watching on its own, his confession tapes were forced and he didn't know what was going on. It was quite a specific, elaborate story they wanted to him to corroborate. Witnessing his demeanor throughout, it did not seem remotely possible they would have obtained those details directly from his mouth.
I have the same concerns about his confessions and particularly his representation. But if you read the phone transcripts between Dassey and his mother, he makes a number of incriminating statements. I'm not convinced he participated in the murder, but at the very least helped with disposal and clean up.
Quote:
And again, as a juror, I would still have to question why his blood sample was tampered with. Aside from the fact that they would have done anything for a conviction, it makes me wonder whether someone else was to blame and adds to (my) doubt of a solid guilty conviction.
There was no tampering with the blood. None of the samples collected tested positive for EDTA, which would've been present had they been planted from a vial. What the documentary doesn't tell you is that the puncture hole in the vial cap, rather than being nefarious, is standard procedure.

https://onmilwaukee.com/movies/artic...bloodvial.html

That was just a smokescreen taken straight from the OJ playbook.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2017, 10:13 AM

1,539 posts, read 1,564,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billydaman View Post
I thought the same thing at first, but it appears that lawyer was the only person actually looking out for the best outcome for the kid in lieu of his statements being made admissible. Once those statements were made admissible, his chance at beating the case was essentially over. There is no lawyer who would of gotten him off. Dassey's family kept pressuring him to go to trial(you can probably find information about this in his appeal hearing) this despite the fact he was not getting away from the multiple statements of incrimination he made to multiple people. That kid should of never went to trial, but his family pretty much forced him to go to trial with delusions of getting off and to keep him from testifying against Avery.

Well, that does it! Killing cats?? Fry this Guy!!

Old 02-17-2017, 11:36 PM

13,288 posts, read 8,490,271 times
Saw tonight's follow up on dateline. My summation stands Avery is not guilty. These investigators and politicians simply made it easier for my decision to remain confirmed in my original summation.

I look forward to this new defense lawyer tactics.

Old 02-18-2017, 06:34 PM

44,661 posts, read 61,743,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Saw tonight's follow up on dateline. My summation stands Avery is not guilty. These investigators and politicians simply made it easier for my decision to remain confirmed in my original summation.

I look forward to this new defense lawyer tactics.
Then who burned the body in Avery's yard?
Who tried clean up the blood in the garage?
Based on all evidence I've seen he's guilty as sin.

Old 02-24-2017, 10:48 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,666,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mysterious Benefactor View Post
There was no tampering with the blood. None of the samples collected tested positive for EDTA, which would've been present had they been planted from a vial.
I believe Avery is guilty of murder, but the lack of EDTA in those bloodstains doesn't really mean anything.

Quote:
“We were not able to identify any presence of EDTA ... on the control swabs, any control swabs from the Rav-4,” LeBeau testified.

“We were not able to identify any indication of EDTA ... in any of the swabs that were submitted to our laboratory that contained blood and were reported to have been collected from the Rav-4.”

LeBeau said the vial of blood from the clerk of courts office — “the purple stoppered tube of blood” — contained “significant amounts of EDTA.”

Arvizu testified Friday it's possible the blood came from the vial.

"So can you conclude then that any of the … three Rav4 stains that were examined by the FBI could not have come from the blood tube that contained Mr. Avery's blood?" Buting asked.

"I can't conclude that," she said.

Arvizu said she couldn't tell from the FBI's method whether its results were valid or its detection limit was set low enough. She said it's possible the FBI just didn't see EDTA because there was a small concentration of it.

"Just because EDTA is not detected by the laboratory doesn't mean that blood sample came from somebody actively bleeding on that spot," she said.

On cross-examination, LeBeau admitted the FBI created a new protocol for this case and validated it in about two weeks. LeBeau said that the only other time the FBI used the test was during the O.J. Simpson trial.

Arvizu said LeBeau incorrectly used the protocol to exclude the presence of EDTA. But she admitted on cross examination that the FBI's protocol could detect EDTA in the vial and bloodstains.

Old 02-25-2017, 04:47 AM

1,562 posts, read 1,495,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
I believe Avery is guilty of murder, but the lack of EDTA in those bloodstains doesn't really mean anything.
I suppose it's debatable, but I think it does mean something. Had EDTA been present in the samples, we could legitimately consider that evidence which suggests possible planting. Conversely, we have to consider that the absence of EDTA refutes the theory of planting.

There is a legitimate issue with the speed in which the protocol was developed. Was there any reason the defense was unable to create their own protocol and have the samples tested themselves?

Old 04-22-2018, 11:25 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,799,141 times

Is this Ed Edwards? Standing behind Kratz or is it a hoax?

https://amp.businessinsider.com/maki...edwards-2016-1

Go half way into the story to see the
Picture.

Old 04-23-2018, 01:29 AM

16,076 posts, read 28,597,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post

Is this Ed Edwards? Standing behind Kratz or is it a hoax?

https://amp.businessinsider.com/maki...edwards-2016-1

Go half way into the story to see the
Picture.
From your link:

5. Edwards likes to attend his victims' funerals and trials. He is believed to have been caught on HBO's documentary about the West Memphis Three. And Cameron discovered the below shot during the sixth episode of "Making a Murderer," with a man who looks like Edwards.

Is the journalist hinting at a connection to WM3 case ?

The Accusations of Aaron Hutcheson, Age 8

Last edited by virgode; 04-23-2018 at 01:43 AM..

Old 04-23-2018, 07:15 AM

3,490 posts, read 3,799,141 times
I’m guessing the picture is a hoax behind Kratz, but I haven’t heard who it is. Just a regular person? It can’t be him right? Just a normal fat guy with a buzz cut, has to be.

Old 04-23-2018, 09:29 AM

16,076 posts, read 28,597,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
I’m guessing the picture is a hoax behind Kratz, but I haven’t heard who it is. Just a regular person? It can’t be him right? Just a normal fat guy with a buzz cut, has to be.
No idea about the photo in question, would depend on the when it was taken. Or is this akin to an Elvis siting?

Surprised Business Insider would run a hoax story. Tells you what they thinks of readers. Not possible Edwards was at WM3 documentaries, he was incarcerated in '96 well before filming. However, the boys murders were '93.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime