Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2020, 01:50 PM

1,764 posts, read 1,159,933 times

Advertisements

The second half of Melani's interview with EIN.

It sounds like Lori encouraged Melani to move to Rexburg, then Melani came right out and said they disappeared. She tried to say it wasn't unexpected because they did say they wanted to move eventually, but it's very clear that they did not tell Melani, who lived right next door, that they were going. She said she didn't know where they were and had no contact info for them.

I believe Melani is back living in Arizona, so she almost certainly moved to Idaho to be with Lori, then Lori ups and disappears? And she doesn't think there's anything suspicious about that. Hmmmm . . .

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2020/0...-jj-and-tylee/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2020, 05:04 PM

This story is on CBS 48 Hours tonight. Not sure what new stuff they could possibly find, but I'll probably watch.

Old 05-16-2020, 08:13 PM

5,585 posts, read 6,515,763 times
I tried to watch but as soon as I took one look at sister and mother, and knew they were sticking up for her, I couldn't do it. I turned the TV off and came here to CD.

I did see the story on Dateline a few weeks ago.

Old 05-17-2020, 02:05 AM

44,637 posts, read 61,653,458 times
I did watch the Dateline story and last nights 48 Hours, both were very similar and not very much new was added. That mother is one scary looking creature.
Personally I believe that the kids were drugged and dumped into one of the acid hot pools in Yellowstone National Park. If you're there in the off season and on a moonlit night it would be easy to do that deed without anyone noticing. The acid pools would decimate a body very quickly. That was one scenario mentioned on 48 hours last night.

Old 05-17-2020, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
I did watch the Dateline story and last nights 48 Hours, both were very similar and not very much new was added. That mother is one scary looking creature.
Personally I believe that the kids were drugged and dumped into one of the acid hot pools in Yellowstone National Park. If you're there in the off season and on a moonlit night it would be easy to do that deed without anyone noticing. The acid pools would decimate a body very quickly. That was one scenario mentioned on 48 hours last night.
I watched this one on my new 60" TV screen.

They were only on a few times for a minute each. One time the show had Lori's best Hawaii friend telling how Lori came back to tell her she was leaving Charles. Lori tried to convert her into the doomsday thing and told her she'd have to separate from her children and help them gather the rest of the 144,000. Then they switch to the interviewer asking the 2 ninnies if Lori could have been in a doomsday cult. It was entertaining to see them shake their heads, smile, and say Oh, no. No. Absolutely not. So they not only think the Hawaii friend is lying, but that their own niece/granddaughter -- Melani -- made up the stuff that Ian wrote down.

That friend also said that Lori told her Charles was already dead, that a demon had entered his body and he was no longer in it. That completely backs up Charles' divorce papers and his statements to Adam Cox pleading for him to help get her some mental health help.

Old 05-17-2020, 07:29 AM

The 48 Hours interviewer is answering questions on Facebook today at 1PM. It looks like you ask your questions in the comments, but not sure if you have to post ahead of time or if he'll be reading new posts throughout.

https://www.facebook.com/48hours/pos...59762795523496

Old 05-18-2020, 07:47 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,099,661 times
Id be curious to know when was the last time mother talked to Lori ? Yes she looks terrible the mother i mean and im thinking they are just as dillusional as Lori is . Yep i believe both those kids never came away from yellowstone and my brother has gone to yellowstone several times . He told me if you get lost out there whoa onto you because it is a vast wilderness with alot of things that can kill you . I hope they send her to prison and throw away the key .

Old 05-18-2020, 12:54 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,209,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
That's a pretty good theory, wit. No wonder they have never been found, no old bones or anything.

I sure hope this case doesn't go the way of Jon Benet.

Old 05-18-2020, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
That's a pretty good theory, wit. No wonder they have never been found, no old bones or anything.

Lori kinda painted herself into a corner, saying she knows where they are and they're safe. It'll be hard for her to back down from that even if they or their bodies are never found. Even if she says something must have happened when she thought they were safe, she'd have to give up the name of a person she turned them over to, and that person would have to lie for her and say yeah I had them but turned them over to someone else. Very unlikely that would happen because the person who lied for her opens themselves up to charges of abandonment too if they were left in that person's charge and they never reported them missing either.

Idaho has a felony child abandonment charge which the max sentence is 14 years per child, and the judge could make the sentences consecutive. So she could get 28 years without even being charged with murder.

The person I'm afraid might get off scott free is Chad. He wasn't married to Lori when the kids disappeared. Even if it's determined that Tammy was murdered, I'm really afraid that they can pawn that off on Alex since he's dead.

Old 05-18-2020, 01:55 PM

23,874 posts, read 33,587,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post

I don't doubt her daughter met that fate.

Or like my partner's (My missing and unidentified person's FB page) sister who was murdered by Gerard Schaefer. He fed the girls to the alligators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeHoLee View Post
Lori kinda painted herself into a corner, saying she knows where they are and they're safe. It'll be hard for her to back down from that even if they or their bodies are never found. Even if she says something must have happened when she thought they were safe, she'd have to give up the name of a person she turned them over to, and that person would have to lie for her and say yeah I had them but turned them over to someone else. Very unlikely that would happen because the person who lied for her opens themselves up to charges of abandonment too if they were left in that person's charge and they never reported them missing either.

Idaho has a felony child abandonment charge which the max sentence is 14 years per child, and the judge could make the sentences consecutive. So she could get 28 years without even being charged with murder.

The person I'm afraid might get off scott free is Chad. He wasn't married to Lori when the kids disappeared. Even if it's determined that Tammy was murdered, I'm really afraid that they can pawn that off on Alex since he's dead.
There was a case 2 or 3 years ago where they couldn't find a toddler, mother said left with so and so and that person said someone picked them up. The toddler was eventually found deceased. Wish I could remember which case it was. Little boy I believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime