Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 06:02 AM

4 posts, read 15,570 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

I am looking for some help!

I have recently been offered a job in southern arizona (nogales area) and am looking for good places to live.

I am married and have a four year old who will be starting school in the fall, as well as a 15 year old. eventually I would like to buy a home in the sahuarity area, but i am currently looking to rent.

By price range for rent in maximum of $800

What are the good areas of tucson, specifically for schools, and does any know if there are any rentals in sahuarity?

I am currently in Tucson for business and will be here until May 13th, so i have some time to look around, just need some advice. thank you all for reading!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2011, 06:16 AM

298 posts, read 948,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by medic5459 View Post
Hello all,

I have recently been offered a job in southern arizona (nogales area) and am looking for good places to live.

I am married and have a four year old who will be starting school in the fall, as well as a 15 year old. eventually I would like to buy a home in the sahuarity area, but i am currently looking to rent.

What are the good areas of tucson, specifically for schools, and does any know if there are any rentals in sahuarity?

I am currently in Tucson for business and will be here until May 13th, so i have some time to look around, just need some advice. thank you all for reading!
Hey medic I am not from Tucson but am also looking to relocate there. Give it a few hours and I know RickTucsonHomes will be on-line to answer your questions. He is very knowledgeable and is a good source of information for those of us not from the area. My wife and I have been to Sahuarita twice in the past couple of years and really enjoyed the area. Good luck with your relocation.

Old 04-23-2011, 12:07 PM

1,024 posts, read 2,748,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by medic5459 View Post
Hello all,

From your description it certainly sounds like Sahuarita is a good place for you. I just did a very quick search myself in the MLS for 800.00 or under. Didn't find any in that range. Here is the link for public search of the Tucson MLS.
Clixk on "Search Listings", then in the upper left click on "Property Type" and highlight "Rental" , then in the "Location" Box type in Sahuarita or any other area you want to search. There is quite a bit other criteria to filter result by too. And of course Craigs List is a good resource for individuals renting theri homes.

Old 04-24-2011, 04:20 PM

351 posts, read 975,414 times
In my opinion, it would be a bad idea to commute between Sahuarita and Nogales on a daily basis. There is a border patrol checkpoint between the two towns that you would have to deal with twice a day (sometimes with delays up to an hour). You may want to investigate rent further south, which unfortunately may limit your options to the Nogales area itself. Look for places south of Tubac, AZ if you want to avoid the border checkpoints.

Also, there are very few (if any) apartment complexes in the Sahuarita area. You would probably end up renting a house (~1000/month at best). There are some apartments along the northern limits of green valley, but they may be age restricted (50+ years old).

Old 04-24-2011, 06:28 PM

444 posts, read 1,352,007 times
^ Agreed!

Look at Rio Rico. That's where a lot of people who live in Nogales but don't want to deal with Nogales live. It's only a few miles out and in a very pretty area.

Old 04-24-2011, 06:46 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,701,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vjsoto View Post
In my opinion, it would be a bad idea to commute between Sahuarita and Nogales on a daily basis.
I agree, vjsoto . . . good point.

However, I would greatly prefer the commute from Sahuarita to Nogales over from Tucson.

Old 04-25-2011, 10:45 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vjsoto View Post
There is a border patrol checkpoint between the two towns that you would have to deal with twice a day (sometimes with delays up to an hour).
Seriously? How often "sometimes" would be...? Once in a very blue moon?! Because I'm yet to see it, ever.

Lately I have the feeling I'm living in a different Tucson and AZ than many of the posters here. And God knows I'm not some local patriot in love with the place.

Old 04-25-2011, 03:20 PM

923 posts, read 1,429,961 times
I feel the same as you SierraAZ. First off, the checkpoint is only on the North bound lanes. I've been through it numerous times and have never been delayed more then 5 minutes.

Old 04-26-2011, 10:27 PM

351 posts, read 975,414 times
Wow... every time I've been south of Tubac, I've sat in traffic for at least 15 minutes coming back. Worst case was close to 35 minutes at rush hour. I'm sure it gets worse, or maybe I'm just very unlucky??? I live in Green valley and have been south many times.

Yes, it is just one way (not twice a day). hehehe...

There are two small apartment complexes that I know of in Green Valley: Via Alamos Apartments and Sandstone Ridge Apartments. I've never called them to check if they are 50+ communities, so they might be worth looking into. If you don't have luck there, the closest apartments north of here are in Tucson (on Valencia). If you are thinking about renting a house, you may want to consider some of the newer communities just north of Green Valley (south of Sahuarita). There is some lower priced homes in some of these communities and you might strike a deal.

I did a quick search for apartments in Sonoita and Patagonia, but there is nothing there (at least nothing that is advertised online).

Old 05-06-2011, 04:02 PM

461 posts, read 1,314,086 times
I worked in Nogales for 5 years and lived in Green Valley until I purchased a home in Sahuarita. I never waited longer than 5-10 min. at the checkpoint. Via Alamos and Sandstone are NOT age restricted. Do not live at Via Alamos. I had a friend who lived there and it was a dump. I had other friends living at Sandstone and it was ok. I rented at the Valle Verde Townhomes and that was a decent place. If you check Craigslist, you should be able to find decent rental houses in Green Valley or Sahuarita and should be able to find something for $800-$900 in a non-age restricted neighborhood. Also google some of the property management companies in Green Valley...there are quite a few listings on the websites. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson