Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 05:00 AM

38 posts, read 86,594 times

Advertisements

I had a good experience renting from Hazen Townhomes - I lived in one of their properties for 3 years, and loved having a house as opposed to an apartment. They were very responsive to any maintenance issues I had (which were not common, fwiw). They have locations in various areas around the city - where I lived was just off Campbell on Adelaide (close to Casa Molina mentioned upthread). That neighborhood tended to me more students, though, which I didn't like (I worked at UA and wanted to escape from students when I got home) but the commute was easy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2011, 08:53 AM

713 posts, read 1,461,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jksn75 View Post
Also, it wouldn't hurt to ask the apt. complex for a discount. I'm sure some are really hurting for tenants! Most offer discounts to military/law enforcement. Maybe they offer one for medical care workers? Agree with the others...stick with River Rd or even further north if you are willing to drive a little longer. I had a friend who lived in La Reserve Villas in Oro Valley and it was really nice with great hiking nearby. If you are interested in the foothills, I used to live at Pinnacle Canyon and really liked it. Not sure what the current rates are though. La Reserve for my friend was around $700.
uhhmmmm, not really. the demand in the rental market is picking up pace quickly, especially in AZ (due to massive foreclosure rate), do dont be surprised to see rental managers saying "no" to such requests. i think the summer deals are in so look for those.

Old 07-30-2011, 09:12 PM

484 posts, read 970,169 times
I'd suggest looking east of the University, out to Swan between Broadway and Grant. This is pretty central and there are nice neighborhoods here and there. Best to just drive around and talk with locals.
There are some nice places along Pima Road or just off a little ways from there. Easy access to everything central but not too noisy. Not really sure that you are going to find the young professionals grouping en masse here (look to the downtown area for this). Maybe you'd like the areas just west of Fourth Ave. north of Sixth street, there maybe something for rent there?? Definitely close to all the "action."

Old 07-31-2011, 09:19 AM

713 posts, read 1,461,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robabeatle View Post
I'd suggest looking east of the University, out to Swan between Broadway and Grant. This is pretty central and there are nice neighborhoods here and there. Best to just drive around and talk with locals.
There are some nice places along Pima Road or just off a little ways from there. Easy access to everything central but not too noisy. Not really sure that you are going to find the young professionals grouping en masse here (look to the downtown area for this). Maybe you'd like the areas just west of Fourth Ave. north of Sixth street, there maybe something for rent there?? Definitely close to all the "action."
i dont see anywhere in tucson where you have young professionals grouping. tucson doesnt have such. its a college town, and most graduates ("young professionals") leave to bigger/better cities for better pay and better social life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson