Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 07:02 PM

22 posts, read 119,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julesx7d7 View Post
Crap!!

So now that I'm set to move out there in May (all alone may I add) I'll be doomed to single-ness because the women in Phenix are supposedly more attractive than Tucson. How about the quality of women???

Is the quality of women better in Tucson than Phenix or no???
I've lived in Tucson for almost 1 1/2 years now and I have met:

A woman who invited me back to her "commune."

A woman who I met at Level, brought her back to my apartment where she told me she was bi and invited me to smoke some pot and have sex with her and her friends.

3 cougars, each older than my mother BTW, who tried to pick me up.

2 women who have straight out stood me up.

1 woman who cancelled on me literally 5 mins before we were scheduled to meet.

At least 25 women who when you approach them get this look like "who the f*** are you and why the f*** are you talking to me?" And reject you because you aren't in their stupid little clique.

I don't like to brag, but I never had a problem meeting attractive women in Phoenix, EVER. You could go out on pretty much any night in Phoenix and meet 10 to 20 good-looking single women easy. That just does not happen in Tucson, the town is dead except on Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays and even in the busiest clubs/bars you are not going to find more than 1 or 2 single women interested in meeting you.

If I could turn back the clock, I would have either married BEFORE moving to Tucson or never moved down here at all. My single male coworkers who have moved down here have had to bring their ex-girlfriends down here because they have all had similar experiences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2008, 04:52 AM

4,255 posts, read 5,946,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a8472c View Post
A woman who I met at Level, brought her back to my apartment where she told me she was bi and invited me to smoke some pot and have sex with her and her friends.
Wait, was this supposed to be an example of something negative? Sounds like a fantasy come true, to me.

Old 04-17-2008, 09:44 AM

687 posts, read 2,034,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApartmentNomad View Post
Wait, was this supposed to be an example of something negative? Sounds like a fantasy come true, to me.
LOL! I was wondering when some guy would pop in with that one.

Old 04-17-2008, 07:30 PM

Quote:
If it is your fantasy of Hell, then I agree. First and most important of all, why would I want to enter a relationship with someone who just wants to have sex? What a complete waste of time...
Second, I don't smoke pot and never will.
Third, her friends are guys. So I guess you are into that thing as you are moving to Albuquerque, which has one of the highest gay populations in the world, but I am not.

Old 04-18-2008, 01:30 PM

10,099 posts, read 14,511,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julesx7d7 View Post
Crap!!

So now that I'm set to move out there in May (all alone may I add) I'll be doomed to single-ness because the women in Phenix are supposedly more attractive than Tucson. How about the quality of women???

Is the quality of women better in Tucson than Phenix or no???
I graduated from the Univ of Arizona and there were TONS of scantily-clad, hot girls running around everywhere. Lots of blondes from southern CA. Also, lots of scantily-clad boys running around everywhere too.
The latter of which I was into!
At any rate, I wouldn't worry about a shortage of attractive people to hook up with. They are everywhere there.

Old 04-18-2008, 02:28 PM

529 posts, read 2,396,905 times
Quote:
Third, her friends are guys. So I guess you are into that thing as you are moving to Albuquerque, which has one of the highest gay populations in the world, but I am not.
Was curious so I looked it up, Albuquerque isn't even in the top 13 in the U.S.

Old 04-21-2008, 06:30 AM

4,255 posts, read 5,946,544 times
Quote:
If it is your fantasy of Hell, then I agree. First and most important of all, why would I want to enter a relationship with someone who just wants to have sex? What a complete waste of time...
Second, I don't smoke pot and never will.
Third, her friends are guys.
I was hoping her friends would be female (or mostly female--and the others I could just ignore).

I haven't smoked anything in about a decade, but it might be worth indulging for one decadent night.

Quote:
So I guess you are into that thing as you are moving to Albuquerque, which has one of the highest gay populations in the world, but I am not.
I don't mind being somewhere with a high gay population, but I think you're exaggerating the size of Albuquerque's gay population just a little there.

Old 04-22-2008, 09:19 PM

Quote:
I was hoping her friends would be female (or mostly female--and the others I could just ignore).

I haven't smoked anything in about a decade, but it might be worth indulging for one decadent night.

I don't mind being somewhere with a high gay population, but I think you're exaggerating the size of Albuquerque's gay population just a little there.
ok, you are a pervert...BTW, have fun in Albuquerque, a quick google search yielded:
"Gay Albuquerque: The Heart of New Mexico

Rich in culture and landscape, Albuquerque is a beautiful place to experience the flavor of the Southwest. With Old Town Bed and Breakfasts to provide a taste of old adobe architecture and many delectable Southwest restaurants, plus an array of museums, Albuquerque makes a great travel getaway. It also hosts a thriving Gay nightlife. The Nob Hill neighborhood, located on the old Route 66 site, is the local gayborhood. There you will find a strip of gay clubs and bars, perfect for dancing or bar-hopping. With a variety of events and theme nights, any night of the week can be an exciting night out."

Quote:
I graduated from the Univ of Arizona and there were TONS of scantily-clad, hot girls running around everywhere. Lots of blondes from southern CA. Also, lots of scantily-clad boys running around everywhere too.
The latter of which I was into!
At any rate, I wouldn't worry about a shortage of attractive people to hook up with. They are everywhere there.
Once again, these "scantily-clad, hot girls running around everywhere" won't even give you the time of day if you aren't in their dumb little clique. If you are a single guy expect to be treated like absolute garbage by every woman in Tucson. Expect to be treated like dirt. Expect to be treated like you are a peasant talking to the f****** Queen. When I moved down here about a year and a half ago, I was excited and optimistic. All I needed to do was to find a great woman. As of today, I have not found a single woman that I would consider good-looking and I have been all over this city. I am being rejected by woman not even in the same ballpark as my "worst" looking gf in Phx...Seriously, if there is any single guy reading this, go to f****** Phoenix, go to CA, go to FL, but for the love of God, don't go to Tucson. Also, if you want more of my dating horror stories involving the woman of Tucson, message me I will be happy to tell you more if you are still undecided. If I can save one person from this Hell, I will be happy.

Last edited by a8472c; 04-22-2008 at 09:31 PM..

Old 05-15-2008, 09:43 PM

399 posts, read 555,734 times
Quote:
Once again, these "scantily-clad, hot girls running around everywhere" won't even give you the time of day if you aren't in their dumb little clique. If you are a single guy expect to be treated like absolute garbage by every woman in Tucson. Expect to be treated like dirt. Expect to be treated like you are a peasant talking to the f****** Queen. When I moved down here about a year and a half ago, I was excited and optimistic. All I needed to do was to find a great woman. As of today, I have not found a single woman that I would consider good-looking and I have been all over this city. I am being rejected by woman not even in the same ballpark as my "worst" looking gf in Phx...Seriously, if there is any single guy reading this, go to f****** Phoenix, go to CA, go to FL, but for the love of God, don't go to Tucson. Also, if you want more of my dating horror stories involving the woman of Tucson, message me I will be happy to tell you more if you are still undecided. If I can save one person from this Hell, I will be happy.
Tucson has attractive girls, they tend to be in "cliques" that is true. But you're looking for "Good-looking" girls. So that must mean you have high standards?

Perhaps the girls that you are trying to "hook-up" or have a "relationship" with, have their own standards on looks; perhaps you don't fit their criteria of looks?
Have you considered that?

I haven't had trouble finding girls, and guys. There are really hot guys and girls here.
Most of my friends say that, that have moved from other states. But outside the University Campus, there really isn't much.

Old 05-16-2008, 10:53 AM

8 posts, read 46,827 times
To have fun in Tucson, check out the country & western places. The Maverick and Cactus Moon draw fun crowds of mixed age groups. The Cactus goes young later at night and has an excellent dance floor. Earlier in the evening there are dance lessons. There are lots more places but you can get started.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson