Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2009, 11:17 AM

2 posts, read 3,389 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are looking at moving from Rio Rico to Sahuarita in 2 years or so for the better schools (we have 2 boys not of school age yet). I love the idea of being close to shops, parks, and things to do. I am excited to think I might actually have neighbors I can be friends with! However, I have visited a few friends in Rancho before and all of the houses are right on top of one another! Are there any communities that you can build a house on at least 1/4-1/2 an acre? I know that builders are opening new developments all the time but on any of their websites I can never find how big the lots are. I do long term planning and want to be able to give myself a good idea of what this might cost so we can save up a decent sized down payment. We will be looking at building a house with at least 4+ bedrooms and 2000+ square feet. In Rico we could get an acre for under 20,000 but I am guessing the prices are a lot higher in Sahuarita. Is it possible for me to have the best of both worlds??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2009, 12:14 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danzersrule82 View Post
My husband and I are looking at moving from Rio Rico to Sahuarita in 2 years or so for the better schools (we have 2 boys not of school age yet). I love the idea of being close to shops, parks, and things to do. I am excited to think I might actually have neighbors I can be friends with! However, I have visited a few friends in Rancho before and all of the houses are right on top of one another! Are there any communities that you can build a house on at least 1/4-1/2 an acre? I know that builders are opening new developments all the time but on any of their websites I can never find how big the lots are. I do long term planning and want to be able to give myself a good idea of what this might cost so we can save up a decent sized down payment. We will be looking at building a house with at least 4+ bedrooms and 2000+ square feet. In Rico we could get an acre for under 20,000 but I am guessing the prices are a lot higher in Sahuarita. Is it possible for me to have the best of both worlds??
Sure. In the town of Sahuarita you can get as many acres as your lil' heart desires by the looks of it...

Old 02-09-2009, 01:07 PM

529 posts, read 2,394,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danzersrule82 View Post
As Sierra alluded to, you're going to have better luck looking at the whole town of Sahuarita vs. just "the Rancho" if you're set on wanting land. I just ran a quick MLS search and found three homes in RS that had decent lot sizes (10k, 11k, 14ksqft) all built in 2005 or later, cheapest one being $239k.

If you're just looking for some land to build on then you have many more choices. Running a search for the 85629 zip code (Sahuarita) for 1+ acre lots produced 40 listings that ranged from one to thirteen acres, with the lowest priced one being a 2.1acre lot for $32k.

Take a look at the Tucson MLS to do these same searches and get a feel for the area.

Are you set on building new?

Old 02-09-2009, 02:21 PM

2 posts, read 3,389 times
Yeah, I realize Sahuarita is more than just the planned communities but of course "Rancho" is always the first thing that pops into peoples minds when they hear about Sahuarita. I just did the MLS search and couldn't find anything under 50,000 when I searched even for a 1/2 an acre. I suppose that doesn't mean they don't exist and I will probably keep checking up on it as I have a while before this all happens. I don't want to spend more than 20,000 on a lot so if everything is way over that I will just have to give up on wanting some space I guess. I would rather build new because then I can pick out exactly what I want in my house and not be disapointed later down the road. I don't mind not living in a planned community although having a park nearby and walking paths sound nice. I was thinking of sending my boys to Sahuarita Christian Academy when they are old enough (they are 2yr and 8mo). Does anyone know what type of houses are near there? I should really drive up there sometime but I haven't had the chance and it is quite a drive for me right now. We bought our first house just over 2 years ago and there are a lot of things that I don't like about it now that I didn't realize before we moved in. If I could sell our house now I would but with the economy and all the foreclosures around us it would be impossible. Thanks for your help!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson