Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 01:21 AM

96 posts, read 264,741 times

Advertisements

i was a member of Bally's on Oracle, then switched to LA Fitness on 1st and Wetmore. i went early in the mornings so not too many people were there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2010, 08:34 PM

9,532 posts, read 16,522,023 times
I wonder why 24 hour fitness is not in Tucson. They are all over the West including numerous ones in Phoenix. I have them, there are definitely pros and cons to the chain. One big pro is the fact you can go to any of their locations in any state with your local membership, provided it is an all club membership.

Thanks for the info on the local gyms.

Old 05-10-2010, 01:43 PM

6 posts, read 11,494 times
I did a quick stop at the Gold's on Oracle when we came to Tucson to buy a house. The facility was very nice and looked well kept. One additional question I have is: does anyone have experience with the child care at the local gyms - Gold's in particular? I work in the Kid's Zone at my current Gold's gym and would love to find a gym where my kids would feel 'at home'.

Old 08-01-2012, 04:40 PM

What are the current gyms in Tucson? Are there still any Golds around or have they left town? I'm asking about gyms because I am currently moving to Tucson. I see I asked this question over 2 years ago, and now I'm finally moving to Tucson. It took awhile I guess but better late than never. For instance are there any good ones in the Tucson Mall area. Thank you.

Old 08-01-2012, 05:28 PM

484 posts, read 970,267 times
There is a Golds on Oracle just north of the Tucson mall.

L.A. fitness is just south of the mall. I go here and I really like it. I didn’t think I would but yup.

There is also a boutique studio just north of LA Fitness called Prestige. It is quite expensive for a bare minimum of equipment. Seems like it would be good for someone that needs motivation to go and $$ to spend to keep out the laypeople.

There are others as well. Google it.

Old 08-01-2012, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robabeatle View Post
There is a Golds on Oracle just north of the Tucson mall.

L.A. fitness is just south of the mall. I go here and I really like it. I didn’t think I would but yup.

There is also a boutique studio just north of LA Fitness called Prestige. It is quite expensive for a bare minimum of equipment. Seems like it would be good for someone that needs motivation to go and $$ to spend to keep out the laypeople.

There are others as well. Google it.

Thanks for the info. Seems Golds is closing or selling off so many of their gyms all over, that I was surprised any were open in Tucson. I did google gyms in Tucson before posting the question tonight, but it was difficult to tell what is current or not. That Prestige came up but my anti virus deleted it saying the website carried a virus.

Old 08-01-2012, 07:42 PM

37 posts, read 79,064 times
Somewhat related qn to gyms. We are new to town. Any gyms in the North Foothills/Sabino Canyon area that one recommends?

We live really close to the Venana Canyon Golf and Racquet Club, which does not offer membership exclusively for the gym facilities. Membership is also way too expensive there, and we are unlikely to use all the facilities there anyway....

Thanks!

Old 08-01-2012, 08:08 PM

484 posts, read 970,267 times
BTW: The LA Fitness is not a “singles club” at least the times that I go which is between 5am and 3 pm, afterwards i am sure there is a different crowd. But pretty much everyone there is seriously working out. My only little gripe is that the front desk people basically play on their cell phones every time I am entering and often do not even say hello. But really, it is about the facilities and they are very good.

Old 08-01-2012, 08:55 PM

135 posts, read 342,166 times
I've been a member of LA Fitness for about five years. (Before that it was Gold's Gym). What I like about LAF is: it's clean; there are gyms all over town except for the west side (including three new ones); the equipment is pretty modern and they actually repair it; and it's CLEAN. (Can you tell that's really important to me?)

They took over the old Bally's on Grant and Swan but it has since been closed. Not sure what's going to happen - if anything - with that location.

LAF probably offers all the bells and whistles that you might want (pool, classes, sauna, CLEAN showers, racquetball, basketball). Ask if they still offer a three-day trial. And don't worry about eye candy - there's some of that and regular folks, too. But people are there to work out and I rarely see kids there, as opposed to the Y.

Old 08-03-2012, 11:52 AM

175 posts, read 273,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
What are the current gyms in Tucson? Are there still any Golds around or have they left town? I'm asking about gyms because I am currently moving to Tucson. I see I asked this question over 2 years ago, and now I'm finally moving to Tucson. It took awhile I guess but better late than never. For instance are there any good ones in the Tucson Mall area. Thank you.
why not try ireland?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson