Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 11:33 PM

63 posts, read 230,705 times

Advertisements

In doing some googling, I found about eight different gyms in the Tucson area. I wanted to know which gyms you all use and if you could recommend a great place to work out. I saw a few Gold's Gyms in the area and found the LA Fitness on Ina Rd. I am familiar with Gold's as we have them here on the Least Coast.

I was really impressed with the LA Fitness virtual tour on their website. Seems like they have everything....pool, b-ball court, jacuzzi, free weights-the whole nine yards.

Let me know what you all think; and thank you, in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2009, 06:41 PM

19 posts, read 48,374 times
Kurgan, unfortunately I do not have any help to offer in this regard. However, I'd like to add that I am also interested in getting some opinions on this. I'd typically worked out at home, but at my old house I had a basement full of workout gear. Not so much anymore, so really need access to a good gym.

Anybody have some opinions/feedback to share?

Old 09-01-2009, 10:23 PM

153 posts, read 522,299 times
Skip the Y downtown. Reason: it smells like an unsupervised gym bag.

Old 09-02-2009, 08:47 AM

1,024 posts, read 2,748,035 times
I was a member at LA Fitness(Ina Road) for many years. Used it extensively to rehab after two knee replacement surgeries. Always clean, lots to choose from workout wise, great overall evironment. Stop by and let them give you the tour.

Old 09-02-2009, 09:37 PM

37 posts, read 99,796 times
From what I've heard and don't take it too far because I'm happily married and not into chics... Most people go to LA fitness because there's "hot chicks galore". So if you're into that sort of thing you might take it into consideration.

The Y is cheaper than most and has a lot of equipment. I think their family plan that includes daycare is only 55$ a month.

Old 09-03-2009, 08:57 AM

2,916 posts, read 8,350,507 times
Seems to me that "gyms" are just glorified muscle beach parties and/or singles bars posing as "fitness centers". I suppose there truly are serious people who are actually there to work out, instead of being on the look-out for their next ex-wife or ex-husband!

Old 09-03-2009, 07:56 PM

63 posts, read 230,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by szupergipsy View Post
Skip the Y downtown. Reason: it smells like an unsupervised gym bag.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickTucsonHomes View Post
I was a member at LA Fitness(Ina Road) for many years. Used it extensively to rehab after two knee replacement surgeries. Always clean, lots to choose from workout wise, great overall evironment. Stop by and let them give you the tour.
Quote:
Originally Posted by csmda View Post
From what I've heard and don't take it too far because I'm happily married and not into chics... Most people go to LA fitness because there's "hot chicks galore". So if you're into that sort of thing you might take it into consideration.

The Y is cheaper than most and has a lot of equipment. I think their family plan that includes daycare is only 55$ a month.
Thank you all for the responses. Hot chicks are ALWAYS a plus. Hmmm....kind of makes me work out harder and longer I figured that LA Fitness would be a big hit. From the looks of the virtual tour, they have everything but the kitchen sink.

With the abundance of restaurants in Tucson, a gym (at least for the way I eat) is a MUST. Thanks again!

Old 09-08-2009, 07:42 PM

68 posts, read 207,874 times
I go to the gym all the time, usually about 3 hours everyday. I'm going to the one on base most of the time, but sometimes I like a change of scenery and I go to LA Fitness. If I didn't have the access of using the base gym, I would go to LA Fitness. Everything you need is there.

TAGS70

Old 05-06-2010, 08:48 PM

9,532 posts, read 16,518,269 times
I would think Tucson would have alot of decent gyms. Don't they have several Golds gyms?

Old 05-07-2010, 09:37 AM

1,222 posts, read 5,019,535 times
There are 3 Golds... one downtown which is a little smaller but it's getting renovated now, one on Speedway I think - I've never been to that one, and one on the NW side on Oracle. That one is really nice!! It's pretty new or newly remodeled. Has great new equipment and facilities.

Also, no matter which gym you choose, make sure to ask if they have a corporate account w/your work. My husband's company had just made a deal w/Gold's and he didn't even know it. A year contract is only $50 for the both of us w/no signing fee. Not bad considering that's how much Bally's charged me (single membership) for a 3 year contract about 10 years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson