Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2007, 06:50 PM

441 posts, read 2,109,528 times

Advertisements

I see a lot of homes for sale in the Minshall Park area. Where is that exactly? I am familiar with ORU and Woodland Hills Mall. Where is Minsall Park in relation? Is it a good area (low crime, etc.)? Is the immediate area around ORU a good place to live?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2007, 07:58 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,931,364 times
Try this site (below).

http://www.cityoftulsa.org/recreation/parks/Parks.asp

It appears to be in a decent area of the city.

Good luck!

Old 12-28-2007, 11:59 PM

4 posts, read 18,785 times
Minshall Park is located off of 81st between Sheridan & Yale. You can enter the neighborhood from many places on 81st and on Sheridan. You can get to it from 71st as well, but you have to go through an apartment complex.

It's a nice area... older homes but well-kept. HTH!

Old 12-29-2007, 12:01 AM

4 posts, read 18,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaBlue View Post
I see a lot of homes for sale in the Minshall Park area. Where is that exactly? I am familiar with ORU and Woodland Hills Mall. Where is Minsall Park in relation? Is it a good area (low crime, etc.)? Is the immediate area around ORU a good place to live?
Sorry, I didn't fully answer your question. If you stay close to the 81st side of Minshall Park, it's a lower crime area. The immediate area around ORU is actually a higher crime area than going a little further east & south. I'm not sure why... it seems to be a lower income area popped smack in the middle of huge houses.

Old 12-29-2007, 07:37 AM

441 posts, read 2,109,528 times
What about the 91st Street area behind the City Plex Towers? I remember in the early 1980's homes were built on let's see.... was it Delaware? I seem to remember a QuikTrip at 91st at Delaware. There were apartments called Woodbridge Village and Outrigger. This goes way back to about 1981 or so. There was also a nice neighborhood behind a shopping area at 81st and Harvard. I remember a Safeway grocery, an Eckerds, and Furr's Cafeteria. Is that still a nice area? What about Riverside Drive? Does it still flood, and is it nice around the 71st Street area? I know this is a loaded question, but I am trying to get my bearings straight.

Old 12-29-2007, 08:30 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,931,364 times
I couldn't help you there, as I haven't lived in the area for years. You might google tulsa crime map and look at the tulsa police crime map. Most of the bad areas are on the North side of town, which is a shame because it really is pretty up there. However, the South side has its pockets. It's all relevant, of course. What would pass for a crime ridden area in Tulsa would be a walk in the park for a much larger city.

Old 12-29-2007, 12:34 PM

288 posts, read 918,245 times
I can walk to that park from my home and from my parents' home. They live in one of those "older, well-kept" homes and I live in one of those two apartment complexes that are between 71st and the park. I love the area. The park used to be gorgeous, but thanks to the ice storm, well, the tree corpses that litter the park rather detract from its former beauty. It's a nice little pond with lots of geese and ducks. Sometimes I see people fishing in the pond. There are several park bench/table combos, a big gazebo like thing that overlooks the pond and appears to be available first come first serve and a large grassy area with a decent hill for sledding (according to my mother..who tried it out using a cafeteria tray she found in the street). There is a Minshall park e-mail list where many of the people in the area keep in touch with one another...people who live in the houses, that is. We apartment-types are kept out of that. Actually, I doubt the other apartment people even know about it..I only know through my parents. You see lots of people out walking their dogs, walking themselves, or jogging. I have yet to see kids playing, but perhaps I'm just never outside when they are?

Old 12-31-2007, 02:52 PM

102 posts, read 526,867 times
I lived very close to Minshall Park. I was off 81st between Sheridan and Memorial and 71st. That is a great area. You can get houses over 2000 sq feet for probably 140k to 180k near Minshall (these were the prices about a year ago when I moved). Some are updated and will be on the higher end of that range. It is convenient to ORU and so many other things. A Walmart Neighborhood Grocery is at 81st and Sheridan and the mall is at 71st and Memorial. The only bad thing about that area is it will take you several minutes to get to the highway. If it matters, the elementary schools for that area are good too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa